2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I mean I am a guy who ate Sriracha Tuna Mac and Cheese for 10 months in Alaska so maybe my taste buds aren’t the best judge. 

Hahaha.  That could be.  Though I do like Siracha, Tabasco, and Taco Bell sauce.  Put 1 of the 3 on almost everything.  Mild or hot Taco Bell sauce on any pizza will change how you eat pizza, don’t layer it on, just a little bit...unreal.

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

Oh man I’m a garbage disposal for left overs. Sometimes they just taste better the next day than the original product lol (not beer talking food)

I agree with that if it’s pizza or chili.  Everything else is tough for me and it drives my wife nuts.  I will say during this stay at home I’ve improved in this area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Funny thing about Agim, non-professional scouts didn’t love him but NFL.com gave him a R3 grade and other more seasoned guys loved him.

This was a Vic pick for sure. Also, worth noting he was in a rotation so his stats are more impressive than they seem. Versatile too, DE and DL experience. 

Sub 5.0 40, good motor, long arms, versatile. Seems like a good rotation piece that could develop into a undersized 34DE.

Honestly, kid looks and plays a lot Dre’Mont.

Another scouting report for Agim: https://www.arkansasfight.com/2020/4/14/21220506/nfl-draft-profile-mctelvin-agim

Here is a quote:

Agim had to add nearly 30 pounds to his frame as he was moved to the interior defensive line for the 2019 season. He is a tweener type defensive lineman and many draft gurus consider him a project player with tons of upside and ability.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Agim played on a complete dumpster fire Arkansas team. Hard to hold that against him. I will trust Bill Kollar to maximize his potential.

He's the guy who wanted Gotsis. I don't think he's a bad pick, again, just not at pick 95

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

12 slots until our next pick.

1. Amik Robertson DB

2. Bryce Hall DB

3. Ben Bartch OL

4. Akeem Davis-Gaither ILB

5. Prince OT

6. Troy Dye ILB

7. K’Von Wallace S

8. Antonio Gandy Golden WR

9. Curtis Weaver EDGE

10. Hakeem Adeniji OL

11. Donovan People’s Jones WR

12. Jack Driscoll OL

Troy Pride Jr DB and Saahdiq Charles OT off the board bc one cant tackle and one had a character issue.

The Hamler pick tells us one thing for sure - Ruggs would've definitely been the pick if he was available in the 1st. To still draft speed after already addressing WR shows just how much Elway wanted speed.

I saw a great tweet somewhere about summarising how fans think about the draft. Many Bronco fans aren't happy with a couple of reaches. But, if you changed the order the players were chosen then people would be happy ...

#46 - Cushenberry
#77 - Hamler
#83 - Agim
#95 - Ojemudia

I bet people wouldn't be complaining then which is obviously crazy. It's about getting good players - forget where they were picked. Imagine how much people would've complained if their team selected Courtland Sutton in the top 15 in 2018; do you think they would complain now?

The point of this forum is to have an opinion, I get that and this forum is excellent at being measured with the approach. But for those acting like the world has ended - well, it hasn't.

I know nothing about any of the players, but I would say all fill a need. I wanted an off the ball LB with speed; not having one does concern me.

EDIT - here is the tweet. I amended it after our final pick.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The Hamler pick tells us one thing for sure - Ruggs would've definitely been the pick if he was available in the 1st. To still draft speed after already addressing WR shows just how much Elway wanted speed.

I saw a great tweet somewhere about summarising how fans think about the draft. Many Bronco fans aren't happy with a couple of reaches. But, if you changed the order the players were chosen then people would be happy ...

#46 - Cushenberry
#77 - Hamler
#83 - Agim
#95 - Ojemudia

I bet people wouldn't be complaining then which is obviously crazy. It's about getting good players - forget where they were picked. Imagine how much people would've complained if their team selected Courtland Sutton in the top 15 in 2018; do you think they would complain now?

The point of this forum is to have an opinion, I get that and this forum is excellent at being measured with the approach. But for those acting like the world has ended - well, it hasn't.

I know nothing about any of the players, but I would say all fill a need. I wanted an off the ball LB with speed; not having one does concern me.

Good take, you got me laughin'.

• Like 2

I don’t think Hamler was a reach in a BPA sense but they did sacrifice value at more pressing needs...that they reclaimed over a full round later in picking Cushenberry, who could have easily gone in the 2nd. Agim has serious upside as a pass rusher. Ojemudia is definitely a “we want our guy” reach but he profiles well as a smart experienced zone defender with good enough physical traits. Four high character guys, three of them leaders on their teams. They may not have maximized their value at every spot but they added a lot of talent with upside and character. I think that’s worthy of a B+ Day 2 grade, on top of an A+ first round pick. 

• Like 2

I think he's a bit of a muppet, but Ben Albright nailed it with his report about Wilkinson being the LT competition for Bolles rather than a draft pick.

Whilst I think all the players we chose fill needs on the team, I'm very nervous about relying on James to stay healthy, thus meaning we may need to carry 4 Tackles and we only have 3 with a shot right now.

Have our staff talked about Rodgers at all this offseason?