2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

30 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think he's a bit of a muppet, but Ben Albright nailed it with his report about Wilkinson being the LT competition for Bolles rather than a draft pick.

Whilst I think all the players we chose fill needs on the team, I'm very nervous about relying on James to stay healthy, thus meaning we may need to carry 4 Tackles and we only have 3 with a shot right now.

Have our staff talked about Rodgers at all this offseason?

I’d imagine we will draft a tackle with athletic upside today who will knock Rodgers off the roster, someone like Jack Driscoll or Terrance Steele

Really want a Will Parks replacement as well.

McTelvin is the only head scratcher to me really. I liked him as a scheme fit in round 5/6, but where we took him was a huge reach 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don’t think Hamler was a reach in a BPA sense but they did sacrifice value at more pressing needs...that they reclaimed over a full round later in picking Cushenberry, who could have easily gone in the 2nd. Agim has serious upside as a pass rusher. Ojemudia is definitely a “we want our guy” reach but he profiles well as a smart experienced zone defender with good enough physical traits. Four high character guys, three of them leaders on their teams. They may not have maximized their value at every spot but they added a lot of talent with upside and character. I think that’s worthy of a B+ Day 2 grade, on top of an A+ first round pick. 

We are two years from being competitive - Elway used the draft to give Lock the best chance at succeeding - and we need Lock to succeed.

I don;t watch college football so my knowledge of the college prospects is very limited and confined to watching a few youtube videos of players we are linked with - but I see the sense in the 2 WRs that were picked - and I suspect the two defensive players were Fangio picking to fit his scheme (which by all accounts is a difficult scheme to play in). As for Cushenberry - if he comes good - and a lot of you on here with far greater knowledge like him - then our IOL is set for the next 4+ years. We still have to deal with the OT position - but a significantly improved interior will help at the OTs. I would expect an OT project to be taken before the end of the draft - and I is possible that Bolles will be moved out by trade for someone else later - but our OL is already significantly better than last season with Glasgow and, hopefully, Cushenberry in play.

Looking for the following three positions to be addressed in rounds 4-6.

- Hybrid CB/S that can backup both nickel CB and Justin Simmons

- Hybrid LB/SS that can backup Kareem Jackson and play the Will Parks role

- Developmental OT

I don’t care who we pick in the 7th round. They’ll probably be on the practice squad.

I will say if WAS is willing to do a Trent Williams for Bolles plus 4.118 swap Elway should be putting them on spreed dial. 

MIN apparently had a deal for their late 2nd for Trent but he balked, if reports are to be believed.   WAS is saying they will ride it out but their hand might be tougher to play out with Williams already out a season.   It would likely value Bolles more than WAS sees him at, though (late-2nd value), so it's probably wishful thinking there. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I will say if WAS is willing to do a Trent Williams for Bolles plus 4.118 swap Elway should be putting them on spreed dial. 

MIN apparently had a deal for their late 2nd for Trent but he balked, if reports are to be believed.   WAS is saying they will ride it out but their hand might be tougher to play out with Williams already out a season.   It would likely value Bolles more than WAS sees him at, though (late-2nd value), so it's probably wishful thinking there. 

I didn't realize the Trent was just 32.  I think it is Jason Peters who is oft injured and nearly 40 years old.  And the Skins have been good trade partners with the Broncos over the years.  I would love for this to happen.  

Pretty much everything I’ve read about Agim is ‘real good athlete, lacking in technique.’ A lot of similar stuff being said about Ojemudia. So if you believe in your positional coaches being able to coach up skills, these are the kinds of guys you pick. But on day three, in my opinion. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think he's a bit of a muppet, but Ben Albright nailed it with his report about Wilkinson being the LT competition for Bolles rather than a draft pick.

Whilst I think all the players we chose fill needs on the team, I'm very nervous about relying on James to stay healthy, thus meaning we may need to carry 4 Tackles and we only have 3 with a shot right now.

Have our staff talked about Rodgers at all this offseason?

If they did talk about him I'd think it was a pretty short chat. 

Let the draft play out and I'll toss a bit of completely unsourced speculation at you.  My own personal WAG.