2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Passing on Prince Tega, Amik Robertson or ILB here doesn’t feel like great value.

Yeah.  I didn’t see how this was a more pressing need.  I think he must have been so high up their board they felt they couldn’t pass.

Going into the season there were some that had Albert O. as the top TE in the draft.  Gil Brandt still did and had him as a top 40 pick.

Just now, AKRNA said:

I don't really get this pick. We've got 7 TE's on the roster already. Receiving TE's, blocking TE's, man we've got several of every flavor.

Oh well, now we've got 8.

I think it’s fair to say Heuerman, Butt and Fumagalli are all done in Denver. Looks like a group of Fant, Vannett, Beck (TE/FB) and Albert O. This might be the worst value pick as we don’t pick again until 178. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

I think it’s fair to say Heuerman, Butt and Fumagalli are all done in Denver. Looks like a group of Fant, Vannett, Beck (TE/FB) and Albert O. This might be the worst value pick as we don’t pick again until 178. 

According to aggregators, it’s our third-best value pick. Consensus had him as a late 3rd rounder.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I don't really get this pick. We've got 7 TE's on the roster already. Receiving TE's, blocking TE's, man we've got several of every flavor.

Oh well, now we've got 8.

True, but how many of them can any of us name?   Did anybody see any analysis where TE showed up on the “team needs” list? I sure didn’t.  It’s a head scratcher that the FO doesn’t see the same need that we do at OT, cover LB and Nickel Safety.  

Most Rd4 picks, it's more of a crapshoot, but given the talent that's falling, not as crazy about Albert O here.   Uber raw, bust-floor, great-ceiling.   Again, for a Day 3 pick not the worst - but at 4.118, much better options this year IMO.    Bartch 3.95 / 4.118 Amik Robertson or Troy Dye would have been a better combo IMO.    But I can also say Elway's just decided to go all-out speed, so while I don't agree with this extreme (it worries me that this is Carlos Henderson/Isiaih Henderson redux from 2017), I can respect he's being on-point lol.