2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Honestly, I like this pick the more I think about it. 

The only way to defeat KC is going to be taking risks on boom / bust picks. Your not going to beat them by having OL depth, or a nice little middling ILB, or a decent CB4. Your going to beat them by getting lucky on high upside, potentially high impact playmakers on both sides of the ball. 

We are in a position where KC may be the Golden State Warriors of the NFL and dominate for years. We have to go through them to go anywhere, and their otherworldly QB is only 24. We are going to be trying to beat him for the next 6 years at the very least. To do that, we need to shoot for the stars on most of these picks. Your not going to beat that team by building some old school, solid across the board roster. You absolutely need elite speed on offense, and elite playmaking on defense. Its a new day in the NFL and I for one like this go-big-or-go-home strategy that Elway has concocted. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

And let’s not discount how he and Drew Lock connected for 72 catches and 17 TD’s in two seasons together. 

I guess 1 thing to think of is that if you are going to put together an offense where Fant, and his athleticism play an important role, you’re kinda screwed if he gets hurt if your backups are Butt and Fumagali.  Your backup here mirrors the unique skill set of the starter, so easier to replace if Fant goes down with an injury?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Looks like this draft was entirely for Drew Lock. Got him weapons and a familiar target/teammate from Mizzou!

It's like when the Colts drafted Coby Fleener in 2012 (of course, I think that Albert may be better than Fleener, who wasn't that good).

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I guess 1 thing to think of is that if you are going to put together an offense where Fant, and his athleticism play an important role, you’re kinda screwed if he gets hurt if your backups are Butt and Fumagali.  Your backup here mirrors the unique skill set of the starter, so easier to replace if Fant goes down with an injury?

Thats another good point.

The vision is clear. They’re trusting their best coaches to get competent play out of some unknowns. Can’t coach the ability to separate and stress defenses. Just load up on game breaking athletes and it’s a lot easier for Shurmur to call plays. 

I think the one thing they’ll feel disappointed about is not finding an athletic upgrade on Todd Davis. But I’ve said all along they didn’t desperately need to. Can Hollins become that sub-package guy? 

Just now, DiehardBronxFan said:

And what we all wanted to get him was a LT LOL

I think Lock would have had a bit of a problem with us replacing Bolles. 

In his 5 game career he hasn't had any problems with pressure / sacks / hits from his blindside.