2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

One thing we have done this draft, now for the third-straight year, is emphasize taking productive, multi-year starters from upper-tier programs; our picks have been from Alabama, Penn St., Iowa, LSU, Arkansas and Mizzou. The latter two aren’t wildly successful programs but they’re major D-1 schools that play in the SEC. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 3

Just now, champ11 said:

highlights for Okwuegbunam aren’t doing much for me as far as showing me the athleticism tbh but the idea of another great athlete is good with me

He definitely never looked 4.49 fast at Missouri. If you told me he ran a 4.7 I wouldn’t have questioned it. He’s a red zone problem though. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

He definitely never looked 4.49 fast at Missouri. If you told me he ran a 4.7 I wouldn’t have questioned it. He’s a red zone problem though. 

routes are very slow/lack crispness and he looks slow with the ball in his hands. appears to have pretty good hands and saw some contested catches though. def a bit of a project

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

routes are very slow/lack crispness and he looks slow with the ball in his hands. appears to have pretty good hands and saw some contested catches though. def a bit of a project

I like the idea of using him in a niche red zone role while he develops. TE is tough on rookies, just find him some one-on-one matchups in a few red zone sets and that’s good enough for now.

Ya, the YPC for Albert is worrisome, but then again if he was getting 15+ YPC he wouldt have been available 1.118, he would be the top TE by a mile. 

He is excellent in the red zone though, and when you assume Hamler and to a lesser extent Jeudy are not elite at high pointing. 

I like developmental guys that already have a trait that can get them on the field, Albert has that skill in red zone high pointing. 

Amik had bad hips apparently, still would have taken him 118. 

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, the YPC for Albert is worrisome, but then again if he was getting 15+ YPC he wouldt have been available 1.118, he would be the top TE by a mile. 

He is excellent in the red zone though, and when you assume Hamler and to a lesser extent Jeudy are not elite at high pointing. 

I like developmental guys that already have a trait that can get them on the field, Albert has that skill in red zone high pointing. 

Amik had bad hips apparently, still would have taken him 118. 

When 23 of your 98 career catches are TD’s, that’s gonna hurt your YPC number.

• Like 1