Sugashane's Final Pre-Draft Mock - Adding Playmakers

Sugashane

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I like the trades down and the positions picked...not as much the players as Pittman is more possession as a pro...Claypool is a guy I worry is a tweener...Niang isn't a guy I am huge on...Gibson has went from underrated to overrated...concept is really goo tho.

All fair points. Right now I don't feel we have an accurate QB on the team as a whole, so we will need to have possession guys with good hands to move the chains with regularity. I don't think either QB is hitting passes 20+ yards downfield with enough regularity or touch to concern defenses. Most of those will either be blown coverages or 50/50 balls I'd guess.  Foles is better than Tru, but neither are top 20 QBs IMO.

Claypool is a bit of a tweener, but we just had a converted college QB as a TE so I'm not too worried about it. He is already about the same weight as Engram and would be able to fit that role well I believe. Niang has his warts, absolutely, but that's why I feel like he will be available in the 3rd. Big guys with movement like his SHOULD go higher, and he may too. I think Gibson is a solid round 3 prospect based off his athletic ability and small sample size IMO. If he moves to RB there is less of a learning curve there than for a number of other positions. If it was a QB with his lack of experience I'd be far more concerned (especially post-Tru). 

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think Claypool may fit us better than some teams. The U TE is essentially a WR/TE hybrid.

Even for a “flex” TE they are doing more WR things that TE. Even the blocking assignments Burton was asked to execute any WR can do.

I like Claypool, but in the same way I liked JJ Arcega-Whiteside last year which makes me apprehensive to go there.