The Last Dance - 10 part ESPN series on Michael Jordan

thrILL!

Friendly reminder that MJ is the GOAT. His combination of talent, work ethic, making his team better, rising to every occasion, and killer instinct are completely unrivaled. LeBron would have wanted to team up with him and be buddies. MJ would have wanted to steal his soul.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Friendly reminder that MJ is the GOAT. His combination of talent, work ethic, making his team better, rising to every occasion, and killer instinct are completely unrivaled. LeBron would have wanted to team up with him and be buddies. MJ would have wanted to steal his soul.

Not really sure what that has to do with basketball.

We have a thread going in the basketball forum if you guys want to join threads and discuss it there.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Not really sure what that has to do with basketball.

Sheer competitiveness and wanting to prove himself as the unquestioned best and alpha. I’m not sure how you can question what that has to do with basketball or sports tbh.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

We have a thread going in the basketball forum if you guys want to join threads and discuss it there.

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sheer competitiveness and wanting to prove himself as the unquestioned best and alpha. I’m not sure how you can question what that has to do with basketball or sports tbh.

How can you prove that?

There's plenty of ways to argue Jordan was better and it's a position I agree with. But don't use nonsensical garbage like "alpha male" and "competitor" as your reasons. They can't be proven and don't make sense. Chris Paul looks meaner and more competitive on the court than anyone in the last 20+ years, but it doesn't mean anything and doesn't make him better at basketball. Come on, now.

Edited by seminoles1

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How can you prove that?

There's plenty of ways to argue Jordan was better and it's a position I agree with. But don't use nonsensical garbage like "alpha male" and "competitor" as your reasons. They can't be proven and don't make sense. Chris Paul looks meaner and more competitive on the court than anyone in the last 20+ years, but it doesn't mean anything and doesn't make him better at basketball. Come on, now.

Yes, let me rush to the dumpster fire that is the basketball forum. Hard pass.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, you literally used CP3 and MJ as a direct comparison on being an alpha stone cold killer. That’s a non starter for me.

Why? CP3 is an all-time great clutch performer. Was the best clutch player in the league this season.

LeBron has consistently been a top clutch and playoff performer. Game winners, amazing stretches, all-time great performances (even in losses), etc. You're not bringing anything but bias and nothing that can be quantified to your stance. Like I said, there are plenty of arguments to be made for MJ. Why are you standing on this hill?

An alpha stone cold killer...Jesus ******* Christ.

Overall Finals record

LeBron James 3-6
Jerry West 1-8
Wilt Chamerlain 2-4
Elgin Baylor 0-7
Kobe Bryant 5-2
Magic Johnson 5-4
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6-4
Chris Paul 0-0

Mind you this next list.  Which has three categories really, Chicago Bulls teammates of Michael Jordan or teammates of George Mikan or Boston Celtics players and or teammates.    Only one on this list not in those categories is Robert Horry.  An amazing clutch shooter but obviously a supporting player and not one to carry a team to the title.

Scottie Pippen 5-0
Ron Harper 5-0
Steve Kerr 5-0
George Mikan 5-0
Robert Horry 7-0
John Havlicek 8-0
Larry Siegfried 5-0
KC Jones 8-0
Tom Sanders 8-0
Jim Loscutoff 5-0
Jim Pollard 5-0

Michael Jordan 6-0

That is the point.   And to say Michael Jordan did not will his team to victory based on his passion, desire and competitiveness (alpha male) whatever you want to call it, maybe you were not paying attention.  He did it, where a lot of the other guys have not.  When he got there to the Finals he won every time, that is impressive considering the entire NBA was trying to take them out and there was far more parody in the league than back when the Minneapolis Lakers or Boston Celtics/LA Lakers won all those titles.  Not to mention the Chicago Bulls were not some historic franchise that had all these amazing players or history to fall back on in times of doubt. 

Not one loss on any of those title runs when he got to the Finals is impressive and watching this mini series about it all provides even more information on the massive mountain Jordan consistently took on.  Only thing that stopped him in that run was his choice to go play baseball after his fathers passing.  Sure had that loss to the Orlando Magic in there but he was clearly not in game shape and was not even there for the entire season, only played 17 regular season games that year.