We Trade Adams Mock

Bobby816

I'll start by saying I don't want us to trade Adams. So this Mock is just "if" we did happen to trade him before Thursday evening.

TRADE

NYJ send Jamal Adams and the 79th pick in 2020 to Dallas

Dallas sends the 17th and 51st pick in 2020 to the NYJ

1st (11th overall): Jedrick Wills (OT/Alabama)

1st (17th overall): Justin Jefferson (WR/LSU)

2nd (48th overall): Terrell Lewis (Edge/Oklahoma)

2nd (51st overall): KJ Hamler (WR/Penn State)

3rd (68th overall): Matt Hennessy (IOL/Temple)

4th (120th overall): Zack Moss (RB/Utah)

5th: (158th overall): James Morgan (QB/FIU)

6th: (191st overall): Reggie Robinson III (CB/Tulsa)

6th: (211th overall): Jauan Jennings (WR/Tennessee)

Summary is we nearly hit every need on this team with this mock. Looking at it some will just say Hell no am I trading Adams for Jefferson and Hamler. Not realizing that that could be the WR haul to solve us at WR for a long time. And bc OT and WR get addressed, it allows us to get other needs. It gets 2 starters potentially on the OL. And a legit Edge that if he didn't have an injury history... would be a top 20 pick. RBs always fall in drafts. Moss falls in our lap and we cant not take him with this being Bell's last year with us (more than likely).

Nope.  Dont want to trade Adam's for that. 

I wont even keep reading past that trade. Unless Dallas is throwing in Gallup or an Olineman, I dont want to see it. 

I dont see how Adam's isnt worth more than Justin Jefferson and half of KJ hamler (since you have us giving up our 3rd in that terrible deal)

Big ole "F" for me. Dont trade Adam's in a mock unless we are getting a kings random. 

Edited by KodiakThunder
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

I wont even keep reading past that trade. Unless Dallas is throwing in Gallup or an Olineman, I dont want to see it. 

I dont see how Adam's isnt worth more than Justin Jefferson and half of KJ hamler (since you have us giving up our 3rd in that terrible deal)

Big ole "F" for me. Dont trade Adam's in a mock unless we are getting a kings random. 

Fact is we won't get a kings ransom for him. I clearly stated I don't want to trade him. I just threw out a mock that is a realistic return for him if we felt we have to. If you think we'd get Gallup or Martin and a 1st you need to come back down to reality. The reality is there's a chance we might trade Adams though for a realistic value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

We aren’t getting a “Kings ransom” for him. The whole point of the mock is if we are FORCED to move him. As in both sides know there will be no long term deal. In which case there is absolutely no reason to hold on to him.

I like it. No complaints on the players. Was JJ the 4th WR off the board after Jeudy/lamb/Ruggs?

• Like 1

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

We aren’t getting a “Kings ransom” for him. The whole point of the mock is if we are FORCED to move him. As in both sides know there will be no long term deal. In which case there is absolutely no reason to hold on to him.

I like it. No complaints on the players. Was JJ the 4th WR off the board after Jeudy/lamb/Ruggs?

How can we be FORCED to move him this offseason? WE CONTROL HIM FOR THE NEXT 2-4 YEARS.

That's not even in the realm of possibility 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Thank you for realizing the point of the mock.

Yes. I have the 3 WRs gone by 17 unfortunately. If one of them is there. Sub any one of the 3 in for Jefferson at 17.

• Like 2

I think that trade is realistic. I’d prefer to go WR at 11 and then OT at 17 though. But no complaints from me. Wills and Jefferson are good value at those spots.

Our OLine would be rock solid.

I would also prefer Gallup than the Dallas second even if it means having to give up our early 3rd instead of our second 3rd. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

How can we be FORCED to move him this offseason? WE CONTROL HIM FOR THE NEXT 2-4 YEARS.

Players holdout all the time and more times than not it ends in a trade.

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

Okay, and who is going to change their mind a year from now?

What exactly is going to happen that the Jets suddenly decide he’s worth 20 m? He’s already a first team all pro and his value will never be higher. He clearly wants to be paid now, he’s making a point through a virtual hold out...

What sense does it make for either side? You don’t hold a players rights for years when his value will never be higher. We could wait a year and move him next offseason, but really doesn’t make sense for either side if this will get ugly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

So at the end of the 2-4 years and we have to love on from him what de we do? Sit back and be happy with out 3rd round comp pick? Or accept the probability that JD has no plans of giving him the money he wants and trade him now while his value is highest?

• Like 1

Just now, SDotNova said:

I think that trade is realistic. I’d prefer to go WR at 11 and then OT at 17 though. But no complaints from me. Wills and Jefferson are good value at those spots.

Our OLine would ve rock solid.

I would also prefer Gallup than the Dallas second even if it means having to give up our early 3rd instead of our second 3rd. 

I would too. A draft of Lamb and Jones I like better as well. I'm just thinking of what we might do. Not what I want to do.

• Like 3