We Trade Adams Mock

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Okay, and who is going to change their mind a year from now?

What exactly is going to happen that the Jets suddenly decide he’s worth 20 m? He’s already a first team all pro and his value will never be higher. He clearly wants to be paid now, he’s making a point through a virtual hold out...

What sense does it make for either side? You don’t hold a players rights for years when his value will never be higher. We could wait a year and move him next offseason, but really doesn’t make sense for either side if this will get ugly.

In what universe are Dallas paying him $20m a year? 

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

What is he gonna hold out for 3 seasons?? 

As I stated. I hope we don't trade him. Hopefully we can do 1 of 2 things to keep him here. Pay him, but not the 20 mill he thinks he will get. Maybe settle on something like 16-17 mill. Or IMO what should be done. Sit down with him and explain that he has 2 years left on his deal and he will get his money. But he has a couple years to honor 1st. Next offseason I would tell him he will get a deal bc the salary difference between his 5th year option to his new deal is a lot smaller than the one now to what he wants.

But if he refuses and says he isn't reporting period this offseason. Than that's when JD has to kick the tires on the trade market. Dallas has shown interest so that's why I have them as the suitor. I know you want some great package for him. But the fact is... it wont happen.

Some of you need to read between the lines a little. The fact he’s already making an issue about money by skipping a virtual OTA with 2 years left on his deal might tell you something.

If he wanted 17m we likely aren’t having this discussion 

I know you love him as a player, as do I. But there’s a real chance he doesn’t want to stay here. And if we can’t meet his price you move him. Simple as that.

like he tweeted last month, it’s all a business. 

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

In what universe are Dallas paying him $20m a year? 

He'd be with his childhood favorite team. You'd be surprised how his price might lower for them. As well as no state tax. Also Dallas wouldnt be paying a 1st and 2nd rounder anymore so that free's up space. Still moves would have to be made on their side here and there to get that cap. But they'd do it for him I believe. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I would too. A draft of Lamb and Jones I like better as well. I'm just thinking of what we might do. Not what I want to do.

I hear you. In a Jamal trade scenario, I could see it going down like this. I’d be cool with it. Trading Jamal puts a lot of pressure on Douglas. He will need to nail the draft. It’s risky especially since we have not had the exposure to these prospects that we would normally have. Personal workout ms seem like they would be a key part of the evaluation process. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

As I stated. I hope we don't trade him. Hopefully we can do 1 of 2 things to keep him here. Pay him, but not the 20 mill he thinks he will get. Maybe settle on something like 16-17 mill. Or IMO what should be done. Sit down with him and explain that he has 2 years left on his deal and he will get his money. But he has a couple years to honor 1st. Next offseason I would tell him he will get a deal bc the salary difference between his 5th year option to his new deal is a lot smaller than the one now to what he wants.

But if he refuses and says he isn't reporting period this offseason. Than that's when JD has to kick the tires on the trade market. Dallas has shown interest so that's why I have them as the suitor. I know you want some great package for him. But the fact is... it wont happen.

The draft is thursday. I can bet theres no way we trade him for that. 

If he was franchised tagged his value would be a 1st and 3rd. That's what you basically traded him for and yet hes under contract for several more years and younger. 

Hes worth two 1st picks. Not a 1st and 3rd. And we have all the leverage in a trade. I'm telling you, taking into account the "situation" it's still horrendous value. 

Heres the real question....

Would anyone here trade Jamal adams for Justin Jefferson and KJ Hamler? 

Cause I sure as heck wouldnt. And that's just fact. 

What if JJ becomes an all pro WR?

I get what your saying, but unfortunately this is terrible logic and just not how it works.

NFL gms don’t think this way

• Like 2

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

What if JJ becomes an all pro WR?

I get what your saying, but unfortunately this is terrible logic and just not how it works.

NFL gms don’t think this way

Really now? We are claiming to know how JD is thinking.

Heres the logic pro Adams traders are using-

We may not be able to sign him in several years so trade him now for max value....

But heres the problem with that logic...THIS IS NOT MAX VALUE. 

You dont move him until you get the value you want. Period.  The Jets have him for several years. You have the luxury of waiting. You'll get WAYYYY more trading him at the deadline then you will on thursday. Guaranteed.  

8 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Heres the real question....

Would anyone here trade Jamal adams for Justin Jefferson and KJ Hamler? 

Cause I sure as heck wouldnt. And that's just fact. 

It’s not that simple. Teams trade premium caliber defenders. They almost never go for more than a 1st and some. You have to go to guys like Mack and Ramsey to see returns of 2 1st.

Im honestly against going defense in the 1st for this reason. Even supposed premium corners and edge rushers have issues with their second contracts.

Just wait and see. Cleveland will be shopping Garrett soon enough. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

Really now? We are claiming to know how JD is thinking.

Heres the logic pro Adams traders are using-

We may not be able to sign him in several years so trade him now for max value....

But heres the problem with that logic...THIS IS NOT MAX VALUE. 

You dont move him until you get the value you want. Period.  The Jets have him for several years. You have the luxury of waiting. You'll get WAYYYY more trading him at the deadline then you will on thursday. Guaranteed.  

I know JD, or any GM isn’t  thinking in terms of your ridiculous post above, yes.

Thats fine if that’s what you believe. You also believe he’s worth 2 first round picks.

if you want to hold on to him, disgruntle him, risk an injury or his play slipping, that’s your choice. His value probably won’t be higher. But again you ridiculously think he’s worth 2 first round picks. Unfortunately NFL gen and every NFL GM doesn’t agree with you.

but again, HERE WE ARE, already talking about him holding out with 2 years left on his deal.

the mock was on the premise we move him now, also

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He'd be with his childhood favorite team. You'd be surprised how his price might lower for them. As well as no state tax. Also Dallas wouldnt be paying a 1st and 2nd rounder anymore so that free's up space. Still moves would have to be made on their side here and there to get that cap. But they'd do it for him I believe. 

So what number do you think he would take from us and then from them? 

Also Dallas is paying (and plenty more in the next year or two) so many superstars already so it doesn’t make any sense.

He’s trying to use his influence to get more money and get it now. Think about it..if he gets his deal now instead of two years from now that’s potentially $30-$40m extra in his career earnings. He’s making people **** themselves. He won’t be traded unless it’s a ‘offer you can’t refuse’ which has been said by many in here as not happening. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So what number do you think he would take from us and then from them? 

Also Dallas is paying (and plenty more in the next year or two) so many superstars already so it doesn’t make any sense.

He’s trying to use his influence to get more money and get it now. Think about it..if he gets his deal now instead of two years from now that’s potentially $30-$40m extra in his career earnings. He’s making people **** themselves. He won’t be traded unless it’s a ‘offer you can’t refuse’ which has been said by many in here as not happening. 

I think he wants 20 mill from us and would take 15 mill or so from Dallas. As I stated... no state tax in Texas as well as a "home town" discount with a better roster to win now.

I'm not trading him for justin Jefferson. If "his value will never be higher" and that's all we get, pass.

I'll keep him and see what happens. There a huge differences between holding out during virtual workouts and actual games. 

If he holds out all season I will re evaluate next off season. He would still be a young proven player that teams will still want and would be able to get value for if we decide that we need to trade him at that point. 

IF WE TRADE J ADAMS ?????  Look at our # 1 draft pick from 2012 thru 2017

2012  Quinton Coples         16 overall pick

2013  D Milliner                    9 overall pick

2014  Calvin Pryor               18 overall pick

2015  Leo Williams              6 overall pick

2016  Darron Lee                  20 overall pick

2017   J Adams                     6 overall pick

Now we can see why we have no offensive power, plus all but Adams under performed.