We Trade Adams Mock

Bobby816

52 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I like the draft but JD should be fired if he would offer or accept that deal.  

I think we all don't want a trade to happen. But it's a possibility. And the value some think we will get for him, just isn't realistic. So this was just a more realistic mock with trading Adams. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we all don't want a trade to happen. But it's a possibility. And the value some think we will get for him, just isn't realistic. So this was just a more realistic mock with trading Adams. 

Makes no sense then. It cant be "realistic" because it makes no.logical sense for JD to make that move. At least not until the seasons trading deadline when teams are at their most desperate.  

So your trade is only "realistic" if the jets felt they had to trade him. Which I def dont think they do. I think they're more than happy to build a defense around him over the next few years. 

Can he hold out? Sure. But that RARELY works out for the player. Truth is, Adam's has more incentive to play then to hold out. Also, he wants to be paid as the #1 safety in the nfl. He isnt going to accept a giant discount from Dallas since it's part of his job to "set the market."

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Makes no sense then. It cant be "realistic" because it makes no.logical sense for JD to make that move. At least not until the seasons trading deadline when teams are at their most desperate.  

So your trade is only "realistic" if the jets felt they had to trade him. Which I def dont think they do. I think they're more than happy to build a defense around him over the next few years. 

Can he hold out? Sure. But that RARELY works out for the player. Truth is, Adam's has more incentive to play then to hold out. Also, he wants to be paid as the #1 safety in the nfl. He isnt going to accept a giant discount from Dallas since it's part of his job to "set the market."

It's a realistic scenario IF we traded him. I don't think we trade him. But if we did. This would be around the value we'd actually get.

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF IT!!!

No where did I say I want this to happen. It was just something to play with, since there are rumors of trading him.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Your missing the point.  That trade is horrible for the Jets and not much better than Adams for #17 straight up.

If that Jets were going to trade Adams, JD is smart enough to create a bidding war.  Hence we would get a much better deal.  

But do like the players you picked in the draft.

No idea why people think Adams is getting moved. This is pure media driven. Last year during the trade dead line a few teams asked about Adams and JD listened like a good GM would do. Dallas wanted him and JD set the price. This was to rich for Jerry Jones and the media got a hold of it and said the Jets would move Adams. Now here we are few days away from the draft and the media reached back and tried to get this going again. JD just said he will sign Adams long term after the draft unless he gets a great offer for him. There is nothing wrong with this. No team is going to give up a first and second this year along with middle picks next year. I would bet that this years first would have to be in the top 15 pick too. Adams will sign a 4-5 year deal around 80-90 mill after June 1 when Tru Johnson money comes off the books. The Jets are just being smart and waiting to see what people will offer them on Thursday. I think it is 95% chance he is a jet for a long time. 

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

No idea why people think Adams is getting moved. This is pure media driven. Last year during the trade dead line a few teams asked about Adams and JD listened like a good GM would do. Dallas wanted him and JD set the price. This was to rich for Jerry Jones and the media got a hold of it and said the Jets would move Adams. Now here we are few days away from the draft and the media reached back and tried to get this going again. JD just said he will sign Adams long term after the draft unless he gets a great offer for him. There is nothing wrong with this. No team is going to give up a first and second this year along with middle picks next year. I would bet that this years first would have to be in the top 15 pick too. Adams will sign a 4-5 year deal around 80-90 mill after June 1 when Tru Johnson money comes off the books. The Jets are just being smart and waiting to see what people will offer them on Thursday. I think it is 95% chance he is a jet for a long time. 

I think theyd need to get BLOWN away with an offer. 

Like if Minnesota offered two 1sts and a 3rd, youd at least listen.

My guess is JD set the price at two 1sts and a 2nd/3rd (or a young up an coming player)

Edited by KodiakThunder
Dumb error

20 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I think theyd need to get BLOWN away with an offer. 

Like if Minnesota offered two 1sts and a 3rd, youd at least listen.

My guess is JD set the price at two 1sts and a 2nd/3rd (or a young up an coming player)

I think so too. Remember John Lynch asked about Tom Brady before Jimmy G trade. Every guy is up for trade and if you think that any guy is untouchable you are crazy. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Your missing the point.  That trade is horrible for the Jets and not much better than Adams for #17 straight up.

If that Jets were going to trade Adams, JD is smart enough to create a bidding war.  Hence we would get a much better deal.  

But do like the players you picked in the draft.

Idk. Max trade value for a defender is 2 1st rounds. That’s roughly the most a team has ever paid for a defensive player. Guys like Ramsey and Mack went for that price. Mack got paid $20+ and Ramsey is about to get paid the same. Do you think Jamal is valued by the league like those two guys?

If JD is not willing to pay Jamal $18 plus, then a trade should be explored now.

We have to weigh trading Jamal versus keeping him and getting less value later versus signing him for $18+. 

Edited by SDotNova