Draft Day Decorum (2020 Edition!)

Heimdallr

Well we've reached the home stretch for the draft. On Thursday when the Draft begins, @RpMc will be acting as master of ceremonies again, and that will entail:

1. He will create a thread for each round and will be ensuring that discussion in the thread is kept to that round. In these threads he will also keep track of the selections of each round. The thread for Round 1 is already up.
  2. When the Vikings make a selection, he will create a thread for the new Viking. A skeleton format will be posted as the OP and that will be edited to include pertinent information about that player. If you have something you want included, feel free to post it in the thread or PM it to me.
  3. Should the Vikings make a trade, he will maintain a trade thread with up to date information. All trades will be posted in that thread. Others are welcome to link information to the trades and I will continuously update the OP.

Since the draft brings the highest site volume of the year it is important that no one else create these threads, so people coming to the site can get the information as quickly as possible.

oh yeah... No Twitter Spoilers, Please!!

Thanks and happy drafting!

• Like 8

What about the elements of decorum that concern foul language when Ten Pick Rick selects someone a member doesn't like?

I'm OK with members denouncing their Vikings fan status (for the 10th time over the last few years' drafts) as a knee jerk reaction to an unwanted pick. 

But yutes under age15 may be viewing this forum.   Does the George Carlin '7 words' rule apply?

32 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

What about the elements of decorum that concern foul language when Ten Pick Rick selects someone a member doesn't like?

I'm OK with members denouncing their Vikings fan status (for the 10th time over the last few years' drafts) as a knee jerk reaction to an unwanted pick. 

But yutes under age15 may be viewing this forum.   Does the George Carlin '7 words' rule apply?

Ah, those were the days!

Its hard not to get emotionally invested in the draft, but I see no reason to get overly upset on a pick I think. 

3 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Forum rules still apply, but with everyone locked in their homes, feel free to scream at your TV to your heart's content. 

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ah, those were the days!

Its hard not to get emotionally invested in the draft, but I see no reason to get overly upset on a pick I think. 

I can barely remember 'my teen days'.

I can see a reason to get overly upset on a pick; you pointed out that it's hard not to get emotionally invested...  so just don't get overly emotionally invested.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

Does that include all of the different versions of the 7 words?

All permutations of those seven words should be included in words banned in the draft day thread.

But George Carlin's 7 words referred to those you can't say on TV. 

Since my concern was in not creating bad influences on Yutes who may visit FF on draft days, perhaps we should deem them '7 words you can't say on Yutube' (sic)? :D

We're bringing the draft to you!

Join us Friday afternoon for the #VikingsDraft Virtual Happy Hour Presented by Miller Lite. It's an exclusive live-streamed social hour that will give you the opportunity to interact and celebrate with your favorite Vikings analysts, players and influencers across social media.

MORE: https://mnvkn.gs/2RWlMqq

17 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Big thing, enjoy it everyone!

No twitter spoilers is the big thing that, if violated, ruins the fun for us all.

With everything being done remotely, I am curious to know if Twitter will be faster than the broadcast. With no one at the draft, how are they going to get the scoop earlier?