Tua 19 wonderlic score

Vladimir L

Yikes that's terrible! GM's hopefully take caution and not select him in the first 23 picks. I guess I'll have my Saints volunteer as tribute at pick 24 to take him despite such shocking score that undoubtedly is going to have major ramifications on how his pro career will end up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Yikes that's terrible! GM's hopefully take caution and not select him in the first 23 picks. I guess I'll have my Saints volunteer as tribute at pick 24 to take him despite such shocking score that undoubtedly is going to have major ramifications on how his pro career will end up.

Thank you for that. We all appreciate your proposed sacrifice, to the clear detriment of your team. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

i scored a 38 on the wonderlic for a job interview once. I assure you I wouldnt be a good nfl QB.

You know, I've read about the Wonderlic for years now, but I'm clueless (to a great degree) about it. Just what sort of damn test is it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Thank you for that. We all appreciate your proposed sacrifice, to the clear detriment of your team. 

You know, I've read about the Wonderlic for years now, but I'm clueless (to a great degree) about it. Just what sort of damn test is it? 

it reminded me of the SATs thought problems/math problems mostly you get 12 minutes to answer 50 multiple choice questions. I didn't realize that it was a wonderlic until after the 12 minutes were up.

That company gave everyone the test and only people above a 20 on it could become management. It was a weird company. 

• Like 1

19 is on the lower end of things but I wouldn't worry about it. The wonderlic tests basic math and logic questions that are old hat to a lot of students (like SAT questions as mentioned) but can throw people like athletes who probably never paid attention. Its measures processing speed but its abstract thinking/logic/math speed, which is different that the visual/spacial/object tracking that most of NFL decision making is based on. The difference between 20, 30, 40 really doesn't mean anything at the NFL level (honestly anything north of 30 mostly indicates ones skill at wonderlic style questions). Below that (or below 19, 20 being an arbitrary round number) is a red flag because they might actually be very slow/low IQ (less likely) or didn't put in even basic work to get a decent score (more likely). At most I would lean a bit harder on the questioning to make suss out any potential issues.