AFFs Random Draft Thoughts

AFF

I’m not as knowledgeable as some of you other guys on here @jebrick, @kurgan, @Chieferificto name a few....just posting some draft thoughts.

I think our 1st pick is an offensive player...I’m leaning towards skill position unless an LT falls(maybe Austin Jackson or Josh Jones?)...my Dark Horse for the pick is Tee Higgins.

WR is potentially a huge need going into 2021...will they be able to afford JuJu with Watt contract coming up and potentially resigning Bud long term?

The offense has a whole needs speed...speed kills. The defense is making splash plays...now it’s time for the offense to do the same.

The team has 8 holes...no order...WR/RB/IOL, LT...Nose/ILB depth/OLB depth-potential starter/S depth...and only 4 decently worthwhile picks.

My guess/hope is they come out of draft with an offensive skill guy, 1 OL, and some depth on D..maybe even double dip on OL.

Rooney comments about running the call betteeetc etc etc indicate you me they wanna name Bens job easier...you do that by upgrading weapons and his protection...they already signed Ebron

Tombert love to draft from schools they visited pro day wise...they made it to Clemson and were on the way to Michigan before the Covid crap happened.

I would bet they’re draft a guy from each school.

Theyre getting comp picks next year for losing Hargraves...trading next years picks for trades this year is very possible.

They won’t fill all their needs in draft...I would count on a JJ Wilcox/Vannet trade this summer/training camp as well.

EDIT...sorry if it’s random...I was a 6pack deep of Stone IPA last night...was feeling pretty nice.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 1

@AlanFanecaFan the Clemson/Michigan thing is an underrated dynamic of this draft and I agree at least one player will be chosen from each school.

K’Von Wallace, Peoples-Jones, Tee Higgins, John Simpson, Khaleke Hudson, Tanner Muse, Ruiz, Brederson, Uche, and Runyon are all in play.

I agree as well that you will see us trade some future picks. Whether that is for Vets after the draft or to improve our capital this year.

I firmly think we will use 2 of our top 4 picks on RB and WR. Like you said, we neeed SPEED and explosiveness. My next bet would be a NT. That leaves one pick for OG, S, LB, OT.

I think my ideal first four picks would be

2.49 - Jonathan Taylor/Akers

3.102 - K’Von Wallace

4. 124 - Donavon Peoples-Jones/Antonio Gibson

4. 135 - John Simpson/Solomon Kindley

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

They've shown interest in Muse and Hudson both whom fit the ILB/S mold.  But to your point, I'm sure they didn't just go for those 2.  Amongst other players, both schools have nice OG and WR prospects.  Michigan has Uche and Clemson has Wallace.   Surely at least one of those players will be taken.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

They've shown interest in Muse and Hudson both whom fit the ILB/S mold.  But to your point, I'm sure they didn't just go for those 2.  Amongst other players, both schools have nice OG and WR prospects.  Michigan has Uche and Clemson has Wallace.   Surely at least one of those players will be taken.  

Wallace at 102 is the pick I want the most to happen in this draft. His intangibles, versatility, and leadership would be a great addition to our defense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Wallace at 102 is the pick I want the most to happen in this draft. His intangibles, versatility, and leadership would be a great addition to our defense. 

I like Wallace but I'd prefer a more pure Hybrid at the Mack.  I don't think Wallace can do that.  Edmunds would have to and I'm not sure he can either.  Not a knock on Wallace.  I really like what he brings.  

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

IMHO, Muse is barely an NFL player.  His future, other than ST, is a 4-3 WLB.  He can not turn and run.  He is more see and chase.  Mid 5th rounder at best.

I see him as an eraser type guy in subpackages.  He has size, range and intangibles.  He can be a conversion prospect to nickelbacker, or a matchup defensive piece.

Not to mention the impact he would bring on ST.  This cannot be understated.

27 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

It also wouldn’t surprise me for them to trade up, especially from their compensatory 3rd at 102 to somewhere earlier in the 3rd especially if they add next years picks into it.

I would HATE this.  The 2021 draft will be a big one for us (they all are...) and we already gave up our 5th.  I'd much rather trade down from 49 than trade up from 102.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kurgan said:

I see him as an eraser type guy in subpackages.  He has size, range and intangibles.  He can be a conversion prospect to nickelbacker, or a matchup defensive piece.

Not to mention the impact he would bring on ST.  This cannot be understated.

I would HATE this.  The 2021 draft will be a big one for us (they all are...) and we already gave up our 5th.  I'd much rather trade down from 49 than trade up from 102.

You may hate it but I’m trying to think of it as Colbert going all in to an extent. 

Colbert has been wheelin and dealing...I understand the thought of trading down...I’m just trying to put myself in Colberts shoes.