Jaguars cut WR Marqise Lee

.Buzz

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

Both teams in the same division, one team is constantly picking in the top 5 and occasionally top 10, the other is racking up playoff appearances and division titles. Not really a competition.

one team went to the afc title game a few years ago.  the other team never been in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't appear so..lol

The guys they're getting rid of aren't really altering the W/L next year imo. They got rid of overpriced vets and LF is a non efficient RB who apparently has been an issue in the locker room who has been shopped dating back to last trade deadline.

I am mistaken haha, I thought it was a funny joke

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 1

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Because of the numbers involved? Just curious. It surprised me, but I don't really follow the Jaguars closely...

He's injury prone and not really a receiving threat at this point. But yes, the cap number just adds to the problem.

He's a great blocker and was known as a key guy in the locker room but he didn't provide any impact in the passing game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's injury prone and not really a receiving threat at this point. But yes, the cap number just adds to the problem.

He's a great blocker and was known as a key guy in the locker room but he didn't provide any impact in the passing game.

There isn't much behind him though, right? o.O

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There isn't much behind him though, right? o.O

Chark, Dede, Conley, Keelan Cole, and they're expected to be in the WR market in the draft. They have a solid set of guys, just need another top guy opposite Chark.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Chark, Dede, Conley, Keelan Cole, and they're expected to be in the WR market in the draft. They have a solid set of guys, just need another top guy opposite Chark.

Well, they're certainly in a position to draft a guy. But cutting Lee was the first thing they've done that I actually found to be a total head-scratcher. I mean, jeez, keep him there to provide something, right? Is there much promise in the rest of the depth chart? 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, they're certainly in a position to draft a guy. But cutting Lee was the first thing they've done that I actually found to be a total head-scratcher. I mean, jeez, keep him there to provide something, right? Is there much promise in the rest of the depth chart? 

Chark had a good season and showed some really promising things, but he's probably at best a #2 going forward. Maybe a good or even high end #2 if he can build on his performance, but he's probably not going to be a #1 ever. The rest of the guys are #4 type receivers. Maybe Dede bounces back and can be a #3 type, but it's questionable, imo.

But this is more about Lee, as far as I'm concerned. He's had had one year that you could say was a good, healthy year from him. And he was set to make $8.75M this year. Instead, they save $5.25 mil. It's not a ton of money, but they're also not really going to miss a guy that averages 430 yards and 1.6 TDs a year, either.

• Like 1

Dave Caldwell also indicated earlier he could see the team drafting a couple receivers kinda early and/or getting a productive UDFA as well. He really likes the WR class top to bottom.

Edited by pwny

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Texans or Jags worse ownership?

The Jags are the reason Bill O'Brien still has a job after a lifetime of stupidity - he can always depend on getting the upper hand on Doug Marrone.

I do have faith that Shad Khan will do what it takes to get out of this - he'll eventually fire Marrone, bring in football people to make decisions and build a competent team and one day the Jags will be good.

Cal McNair? I'm honestly under the impression he thinks Bill O'Brien could fire him as owner. 

• Like 1