Jaguars cut WR Marqise Lee

.Buzz

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't appear so..lol

The guys they're getting rid of aren't really altering the W/L next year imo. They got rid of overpriced vets and LF is a non efficient RB who apparently has been an issue in the locker room who has been shopped dating back to last trade deadline.

Yeah, I was serious.

Left out they have traded Ramsey, they are trying to trade Yannick, they've traded Foles after one year, have already been linked to Lawrence before this years draft started, and traded Calais Campbell for a 5th rounder.

I'm just saying this version of the tank is very EARLY and very obvious. I know Miami's was also obvious, but I don't remember it being so early.

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah, I was serious.

Left out they have traded Ramsey, they are trying to trade Yannick, they've traded Foles after one year, have already been linked to Lawrence before this years draft started, and traded Calais Campbell for a 5th rounder.

I'm just saying this version of the tank is very EARLY and very obvious. I know Miami's was also obvious, but I don't remember it being so early.

This regime is fired if they're in position to get Lawrence.

Sure makes a lot of sense to tank and get yourself fired so the next guy can reap the benefits.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah, I was serious.

Ramsey and Yannick forced/are forcing their way out. That's not Jacksonville tanking.

Minshew outplayed Foles and it saved Jacksonville money. What's the issue here?

Campbell was a salary dump because they had very little cap space. Perfect value for him? No, but there's not exactly a line of teams waiting to give up a day 2 pick so they can pay a 33-year-old lineman $13+ million.

Marqise Lee is irrelevant and way overpaid. Not sure how cutting him has anything to do with "tanking".

Fournette has had issues (mostly injury) every season with the team and is about to demand a contract he's in no position to demand. Trading him would make perfect sense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This regime is fired if they're in position to get Lawrence.

Sure makes a lot of sense to tank and get yourself fired so the next guy can reap the benefits.

Trent Baalke just got hired Feb 2nd as Director of Player Personnel. So he would be out the door after a year or is he pulling strings to get himself Lawrence in a year?

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ramsey and Yannick forced/are forcing their way out. That's not Jacksonville tanking.

Minshew outplayed Foles and it saved Jacksonville money. What's the issue here?

Campbell was a salary dump because they had very little cap space. Perfect value for him? No, but there's not exactly a line of teams waiting to give up a day 2 pick so they can pay a 33-year-old lineman $13+ million.

Marqise Lee is irrelevant and way overpaid. Not sure how cutting him has anything to do with "tanking".

Fournette has had issues (mostly injury) every season with the team and is about to demand a contract he's in no position to demand. Trading him would make perfect sense.

So listen, I get it. My team went through similar situation where each individual player had his own specific story/scenario that was independent of another. So I sympathize, but with the exception of Myles Jack and Josh Allen (maybe Chark too), you coincedently have reasons/excuses for all of the top talent of your team departing in a 6month window. Cases could be made that you keep some of those guys if you're trying to be competitive, but you're not. You restructure a deal, you ask to take a pay cut, or you cut them lose and see what you can get in return because you're in full rebuild with a franchise QB coming in NEXT years draft. And that's all I'm saying. This is a typical rebuild, I just don't remember one being so early, but then again Lawrence is a once in a decade prospect so I get it. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not really. A lot of bigger names but that seems to be it.

Robert Woods is probably the best one since Keyshawn Johnson 

I would have to  say JuJu is the best one in the league right now, Steve Smith for Giants not panthers had an on and off career but I cant think of any other Wr in the 2000s that actually panned out other then those 3. Steve Smith and Marquis Lee had the potential but both are just riddled with injuries. 

Pittman Jr has the potential of being a solid WR in the league

Edited by soflbillsfan

53 minutes ago, FinSting said:

The 6-10 Jaguars think the 5-11 Dolphins tanked? Math is hard. 

Well to be fair the phins failed on tanking. Some games the way they played in the 1st half then the 2nd half came it looked like a completely different team. For instance that steelers game, you go from dominating in the 1st half to end the half with an engage eight (such a madden move) with less than a minute left, when they should have played prevent to stop them from getting a td. Then to go in to the 2nd half to look like a high school team, I know the talent wasnt there but it was definitely head scratching play calls that cost them the game. Maybe flores isnt that good at calling plays or maybe he was intentionally trying to throw games, I dont know. To show they are competitive but willing to take the L just to get a better spot. There were a few games that I saw they had the win locked up and just blew it (redskins game was another one).

I still think tanking is a joke and unheard of, no organization is willing to do that and if you think that coaches or gms are willing to do it just look at the Cardinals, new HC new rookie QB and boom less than 8 months later both are gone and new ones are put in to place. So no coaching staff would ever sink to tanking on purpose as job security in the NFL is unstable and you fight your entire career to get to the HC spot to lose on purpose. Tanking is just a fan rationality of hoping their garbage team sucks for that year to land a long term franchise qb. I dont think the Phins were out to tank as much as the fanbase wanted it to happen. I also dont see the Jags wanting to tank either its just them cleaning up the mistakes they made without actually making changes to the GM HC spot in which new ones tend to make. They went with a direction they thought would work and failed miserably at it now they are trying to correct those mistakes.

Edited by soflbillsfan