Jaguars cut WR Marqise Lee

.Buzz

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Trent Baalke just got hired Feb 2nd as Director of Player Personnel. So he would be out the door after a year or is he pulling strings to get himself Lawrence in a year?

So listen, I get it. My team went through similar situation where each individual player had his own specific story/scenario that was independent of another. So I sympathize, but with the exception of Myles Jack and Josh Allen (maybe Chark too), you coincedently have reasons/excuses for all of the top talent of your team departing in a 6month window. Cases could be made that you keep some of those guys if you're trying to be competitive, but you're not. You restructure a deal, you ask to take a pay cut, or you cut them lose and see what you can get in return because you're in full rebuild with a franchise QB coming in NEXT years draft. And that's all I'm saying. This is a typical rebuild, I just don't remember one being so early, but then again Lawrence is a once in a decade prospect so I get it. 

I mean, if we could unload Myles Jack and get something in return for him, i'd be plenty inclined to see them do that as well.  He's overrated and way overpaid.

I think as a whole though, you're really underrating the ineptitude of this regime.  Attributing to a sneaky plan, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.  They've legitimately just backed themselves into a ridiculous corner with mistake after mistake, and by poisoning the well by putting a toxic dinosaur in charge, with an owner who doesn't know what he's doing and has turned the team halfway into a plaything for his son to tinker with.

I'd actually be happy to learn that they really are just "tanking for Trevor" or something.  I mean, i hate the idea of tanking and i don't think its ultimately a very reliable strategy to sustained success.  However, at least it'd show some ability to think proactively and long-term.  To formulate and execute a coherent plan, rather than the scrambled reactionary approach they've actually taken.

I know it's hard to believe...but it appears that they very much are just this bad at managing their franchise.  And it carries over to plenty of things well beyond the football operations aspect of it.

• Like 1