1234567 Curveball Mock

14 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Yup. When I was watching this year, I took a lot of mental notes. The one thing that I found myself noticing over and over again was our qb's running for their lives and our RB's not having any lanes to run through. That's been the case for several years now and it seems like we always scream about it during the season. But then somehow we all develop amnesia come draft time. All the weapons in the world won't matter if Lock doesn't have time to get them the ball. Bolles improved a lot as the season went on, and Risner is a stud. Drafting Ruiz is a huge upgrade at center, and allows us to keep Glasgow at guard. If James can actually stay on the field this year, we will finally have a decent offensive line for the first time since the Manning days. That's the best gift we could possibly give Drew Lock. And this draft allows us to do that while ALSO getting a handful of total studs in the first two days. If we trade up to 10, all that goes away.

I'd love the addition of Ruiz, he'll be very good for a long time at any spot on the IOL.

Kinda off topic but I'm really curious what the Staff thinks of our OL makeup. Munchak didn't have much time with these guys and never had time to tinker with positions. I'm not sure we're not looking at some positional swaps this season.

A few things to consider. 

1) If Risner was coming out this year he'd be the highest rated RT in the draft. 

2) Schlottman was recruited as an OT having been a Texas 4A all star at that spot and was put in at center at TCU due to an injury to a starter. He's shown his toughness by moving from the PS to a 5 game starter at RG, despite not having the frame for IOL pounding. The kids a warrior and can play any spot on the OL. Actually looked pretty good at RG when James played.

3) Morris is a natural center and is probably the strongest man on the team. His weight room exploits out did even McGovern.

4) Rodgers will probably retire after spending 5 years on PS with little to show for it

5) Wilkinson is a far better backup at OG than OT.

6) Bolles is far better than given credit for and is a solid fixture at LT.

So, maybe a lineup that looks something like this.

LT- Bolles  / James      LG- Ruiz / Schlottman    C- Morris / Schlottman     RG-Glasgow / Wilkerson      RT-Risner / James 

That takes the burden off James as a starter but makes him the best swing OT in the game. 

Anyway, just havin' fun and thinking out loud.

6) Counting on James as a starter is iffy at best. I'd expect him to be traded or bought out at the end of the season.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I fully believe NO would make a trade that stupid, but man that would be stupid. It’s amazing how poorly they’ve managed the cap and draft and gotten away with it. 

their hit rate on draft picks is so absurd 

1 hour ago, MileHigh said:

I hope this happens but I think Ezra Cleveland and Shenault will be long gone!

From the sounds of it, Ezra likely will be because some team will reach on him. I think Shenault has a real chance of still being there, mostly because of his injury and low 2019 production.

50 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'd hope they are. I'm not particularly fond of injury plagued WR's and soft O Linemen.

I'm neutral on Cleveland. Def would't take him in the second or something. But if he slides as far as he should ("should" being the key word here), I'd be ok with it. If he can grow a pair of balls, there's a lot of potential there. 

As far as Shenault, I'd take that risk all day in the 3rd round. CU worked him completely into the ground due to a lack of talent on offense and DB's were straight up targeting him. Here, we would have Sutton, Fant, and Lindsay/Gordon to split up the load. It is concerning how many connective tissue injuries he's had over the last 2 years though. Sprained toe, torn labrum, and two abdominal injuries.