FFMD 20 AWARDS

EaglesPeteC

Welcome to the FFMD 20 AWARDS!!!!!

source.gif

We'd like to thank you all for participating and being a part of a very successful relaunch of FFMD.

First of all I'd like to thank the team that put this together behind the scenes @Packerraymond @mountainpd @BowserBroncos @Counselor @MikeT14

But especially @ny92mike for building the docs and really being the driving force for many years to get FFMD back. Without him, this relaunch never would have happened!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=10147156

I'd also like to thank the writing team @festiveonion and @JIllg for putting out some great content in this mock

now a live behind the scenes look into the writers room

tenor.gif

For the Winners, please feel free to post and acceptance speech and gloat in front of all of us.

FinishedDisastrousBasilisk-size_restrict

For the losers, well it's ok because we are all losers spending all of our free time on a fake mock draft.

giphy.gif

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO......LET'S GET TO THE AWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

BEST BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

The nominees are

Vikings get pick 45 and 117 and the Bucs get RB Dalvin Cook

Vikings get DT Chris Jones and the Chiefs get pick 25

Chargers get pick 3 and Lions get pick 6, 37 112 and 2021 3rd

Panthers trade future 1st and 2nd to Raiders for 19

THE WINNER IS……………………………..

lTYcfYp.gif

@Duffman57 @TL-TwoWinsAway

CHARGERS AND LIONS TRADE    

tenor.gif?itemid=12909400

tenor.gif?itemid=5621219

Chargers/Lions- 47.4%

Vikings/Bucs- 31.6%

Vikings/Chiefs- 15.8%

Panthers/Raiders- 5.3 %

BEST UNDER THE RADAR TRADE

Colts trade QB Jacoby Brissett to the Patriots for pick 98

Vikings trade S Anthony Harris to Bucs for pick 76

Raiders trade for S Grant Delpit after the Browns draft him

Falcons trade for RB Matt Brieda from the 49ers

AND THE WINNER IS…………………….

GreenHomelyHoneybee-small.gif

RAIDERS/BROWNS

@jimkelly02 @freakygeniuskid

LawfulThreadbareDingo-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Raiders/Brows- 32.4%

Vikings/Bucs- 29.7%

Colts/Pats- 24.3%

Falcons/49ers- 13.5%

BEST FIRST ROUND PICK

Lions select CB Jeffrey Okudah at 6

Chargers trade up for Tua at 3

Raiders select WR Ceedee Lamb at 12

Saints select LB Kenneth Murray at 24

AND THE WINNER IS……….

ComplexFlawedGemsbuck-size_restricted.gi

DETROIT LIONS SELECT JEFF OKUDAH

@TL-TwoWinsAway

giphy.gif

cs0fIWG.jpg

Lions select Okudah- 67.6%

Chargers select Tua 16.2%

Raiders select Lamb 10.8%

Saints select Murray 5.4%

BEST 2ND ROUND PICK

Bears select QB Jordan Love

Chiefs select RB Jonathan Taylor

Eagles select WR Jalen Reagor

Seahawks select WR Michael Pittman

AND THE WINNER IS………

giphy.gif

CHIEFS SELECT JONATHAN TAYLOR

@Kirill

tenor.gif?itemid=13167005

tenor.gif

Chiefs selection Jonathan Taylor 47.4%

Bears selection of Jordan Love 26.3%

Eagles selection of Jalen Reagor 21.1%

Seahawks selection of Michael Pittman 5.3%

BEST 3RD ROUND PICK

Rams selection of C Matt Hennessey

Redskins selection of CB Damon Arnette

Jets selection of EDGE Jonathan Greenard

Raiders selection of QB Jalen Hurts

AND THE WINNER IS………

giphy.gif

REDSKINS SELECT DAMON ARNETTE

@mike23md

200.gif

oscars-2013-quotes-22.gif

Redskins select Damon Arnette 39.5%

Rams selection of Matt Hennessey 28.9%

Raiders select Jalen Hurts 21.1%

Jets select Jonathan Greenard 10.5%

BEST 4TH ROUND PICK

Dolphins select G Jonah Jackson

Steelers select WR Donovan Peoples Jones

Bengals select LB Willie Gay Jr

Eagles select WR Van Jefferson

AND THE WINNER IS

giphy.gif

STEELERS SELECT WR DONOVAN PEOPLES JONES

@jebrick

DeepInsignificantIsopod-size_restricted.

oscar-acceptance-gif.gif

Steelers select WR Donovan Peoples Jones 42.1%

Eagles select WR Van Jefferson 28.9%

Bengals select LB Willie Gay Jr- 23.7%

Dolphins select G Jonah Jackson- 5.3%

BEST LATE ROUND STEAL

49ers select S Kenny Robinson in the 7th

Vikings select LB Joe Bachie in the 6t

Jets select G/T Yasir Durant in the 6th Round

Patriots select G/T Justin Herron in the 7th Round

AND THE WINNER IS

source.gif

JETS SELECT YASIR DURANT

YasirDurant.jpg?width=300

giphy.gif

@bcb1213

Jets select G/T Yasir Durant in the 6th Round- 42.9%

49ers select S Kenny Robinson in the 7th- 25.7%

Vikings select LB Joe Bachie in the 6th- 25.7%

Patriots select G/T Justin Herron in the 7th Round- 5.7%

BEST WAR ROOM

Steelers

Lions

Eagles

49ers

THE WINNER IS

c8vryeh.gif

giphy.gif

LIONS

source.gif

giphy-7.gif

@TL-TwoWinsAway

Lions- 40.5%

Eagles- 24.3%

Steelers- 18.9%

49ers- 16.2%

BEST DRAFT

Ravens

Lions

Jaguars

Broncos

AND THE WINNER IS

giphy.gif

LIONS

@TL-TwoWinsAway

source.gif

best-oscar-moments-all-time-ss15.gif

Lions- 77.1%

Broncos 14.3%

Ravens- 5.7%

Jaguars- 2.9%

Thank you all. I leave you all to grumble in disappointment. 

UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND ENJOY THE REAL DRAFT!!!!!!!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Always the runner up - it's in our nature in Minnesota :D

At least your team was recognized....I felt like the Giants should have gotten a gold star for a couple reasons.  First I actually drafted players that would benefit the actual team.  We've needed offensive line help for years and I dropped the top two picks on players I felt like were immediate starters and that would benefit our last two years first round picks in Barkley and Jones.  Without some real OL help, I see more of the same from these two.

Second, the Giants sub forum ffmd thread actually created a thread more than 10 pages deep, more impressive than it sounds.  

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

At least your team was recognized....I felt like the Giants should have gotten a gold star for a couple reasons.  First I actually drafted players that would benefit the actual team.  We've needed offensive line help for years and I dropped the top two picks on players I felt like were immediate starters and that would benefit our last two years first round picks in Barkley and Jones.  Without some real OL help, I see more of the same from these two.

Second, the Giants sub forum ffmd thread actually created a thread more than 10 pages deep, more impressive than it sounds.  

I mean our war room reached 41 and wasn't in contention for top war room, /shrug

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I mean, I assume that the Titans' war room was only not included out of fairness to the other 31 franchises.  It was so full of action, no other team can be expected to challenge it.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I assume that the Titans' war room was only not included out of fairness to the other 31 franchises.  It was so full of action, no other team can be expected to challenge it.

With this being the first year ffmd showed its face in the last 4 years and many not sure exactly how it was going to be ran there were many reservations about people getting involved.  Hopefully after this year, more will get involved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

With this being the first year ffmd showed its face in the last 4 years and many not sure exactly how it was going to be ran there were many reservations about people getting involved.  Hopefully after this year, more will get involved.

Oh no, it was great.  Seems like most of the war rooms were buzzing.  I'm sure it'll be even bigger next year.  I had fun with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Oh no, it was great.  Seems like most of the war rooms were buzzing.  I'm sure it'll be even bigger next year.  I had fun with it.

Cool glad you enjoyed it.  Obviously I love doing this stuff so even though my war room wasn't real active it didn't bother me.  Was still able to get enough responses to make it work and they felt included.

I'm sure Pete will be putting together a feedback form or a thread in the near future while things are still fresh to get opinions on how to increase participation and ways to keep it flowing without any lag time.

Late to the party (darn early bedtime).

The credit for the success that was FFMD II '20 belongs to those that made this a possibility. There's a reason why we didn't have FFMD over the last few years: it's a lot of work. A handful of individuals put a tremendous amount of effort into allowing the FF masses to enjoy this great exercise, and the result was a massive success. I don't think we have yearly FF medals, but I think those that created, organized and ran FFMD II '20 should each receive one, displayed underneath their username for the next 12 months. (It ain't much, but it's honest work.)

During FFMD, I reached out to most of the league GMs and team forums to discuss various trades. Not once were the talks anything short of quality, well-intentioned and respectful. The conversation within the GM Mock Draft threads was more of the same. I've been a part of four other FFMDs, and this one was - by far - the most respectful and enjoyable. Credit to all involved.

As for the awards: it's an added bonus for our forum (one that's not overly active) to have worked together and achieved a quality result. Even when some may have disagreed about a particular decision, these opinions were stated in a respectful manner, and we moved onto the next decision as a group. We wouldn't have had success this year had the group not functioned this way. I only made (terrible) pictures for the draft thread: they did the hard work.

Thanks to all that contributed to the greatness of FFMD II '20. I look forward to working with you all in FFMD II '21.

• Like 6

To be fair, this is the most the Lions have won anything since the 1950s.  Good work Lions participants and thank you to all who brought FFMD back.  I will say this was by far the best one and I have been somewhat involved in probably 7 or 8 of these.  I do like it so much more when its just a draft and happy we got through 7 full rounds.    

• Like 4