Joe Thomas Gives April ALL-22 Synopsis of the 4 Highly Debated Tackles' Play

Mind Character

Joe's Takes  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Joe Thomas' take on 1a.) Mekhi Becton, 1b.) Jedrick Wills Jr., 3.) Andrew Thomas, 4.) Tristan Wirfs Mostly Right or Wrong?

• He's mostly wrong, he's off on this one
    • He's mostly right, for the most part I think he sees it clearly
  2. 2. 1) Does Mekhi Becton's positive drug test at the NFL Combine Drop him out of the top 10 if he was going top 10 in the first place? 2.) Do the Browns have plans to take him?

• 1.) No, it changes nothing for teams., & 2.) I don't think the Browns ever had plans to take him
    • 1.) No, it changes nothing for teams, & 2.) I think the Browns still have plans to take him
    • 1.) Yes, it changes things for teams, & 2.) Though I don't think the Browns ever had plans to take him
    • 1.) Yes, it changes things for teams, & 2.) I think the Browns no longer have plans to take him.
  3. 3. Do you think that the Browns asked Joe to give his opinion on the Tackles before the draft?

In short order, the collective mouth breathing sound of the, "who cares what Joe Thomas says when it comes to evaluating things, he liked Hue, am I right!!??", herd shall be heard far and wide. It will only be out-pitched by the thunderous sound of their grab-assing and derp derp chuckling.

Even still, for those that care to read what Joe Thomas said and take it not as gospel but instead as another set of evaluative information of a person with good eyes for the Tackle position, see below.

-----------------------

The following was Joe Thomas' Twitter Comments on the All-22 Review of the 4 Tackles everyone has talked about primarily for the Browns selection at 10.

His Overall Thoughts"

------------

Joe On Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville:

-------------

Joe On Jedrick Wils Jr., OT Alabama:

---------------

Joe On Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia:

------------------

Joe On Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa:

---------------

Some Context:

Joe Thomas is no the type of evaluator that bashes prospects. When the Browns drafted Austin Corbett he gave radio interviews talking up Corbett's positives and skill set. After Corbett was traded, Joe Thomas, Andrew Hawkins and others discussed Joe's comments at the outset behind closed doors that Corbett had no shot at all to be successful at Tackle because of his heavy and sluggish feet and stiffness. He also went on to talk about how Corbett's college tape bothered him in terms of technique. He noted also that he didn't feel comfortable making those opinions publicly known at the time as to not be the "HOF Browns Tackle bashing the rookie like a jerk."

The point is you have to read between the lines some regarding what Joe Thomas says. For instance, when he keeps repeating a point that's what he believes.

-------------

Past Joe Comments on Wirfs and Tackles:

On 3/6/2020 at 9:04 PM, Mind Character said:

---------------------

Joe Thomas On Wirfs and the Tackles

Joe Thomas is not a scout and has been transparent that he's has not watched the depth of film of the Tackle prospects on the level of a scout. He has however stated that he has seen some film on each of the top tackle prospects in preparation for his combine coverage so that he could have some baseline knowledge about the top guys. He also intently watched and analyzed the top Tackle prospects and big OLine names during their combine workouts. During and post combine, he conveyed some of his thoughts to NFL and Browns related media.

Below, Joe Thomas in His Own Words during an appearance on a show called Cleveland Browns Daily:

" I see Tristan Wirfs especially early on in his career as a guy that might start out as a Guard because just the way he moves he doesn't have as much hip mobility as I think he would need to come in and start right away as an Offensive Tackle and so when I watch him I think that he's probably going to end up starting right away as a Guard so for the Cleveland Browns they've got at least 1 really good Guard already so I think with that 1st pick they're going to be thinking offensive tackle and that's why I would put Tristan Wirfs back and say Andrew Thomas is more ready to start now as a prototypical offensive tackle. Number 3 as an offensive tackle I'd put Jedrick Wills...."    --- Joe Thomas ----

-----

Joe Thomas also gave a ranking based on his combine observations of movement dynamics, footwork, and the sampling of film he's watched of the Top Big Name Tackles which was the following:

1.) Mekhi Becton:
2.) Andrew Thomas
3.) Jedrick Wills Jr.

The next grouping he had as Guard Primary Tackle Maybe with an emphasis on the Maybe with a strained doubt intonation.

4.) Tristan Wirfs (** after giving his first reasoning on Wirfs as a Guard he called Wirfs a Guard 3 other times in the conversation.)
5.) Josh Jones. (Called Jones a Guard But Maybe Tackle)

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

You know me.  Whoever we draft, I'll talk myself into that person by the end of draft night.  If it doesn't work out, I will revert back to my original board and say "I told you so." 

I'm just ready for draft night at this point.  The end to these enormous thread titles and long-winded polls is nigh..

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You know me.  Whoever we draft, I'll talk myself into that person by the end of draft night.  If it doesn't work out, I will revert back to my original board and say "I told you so." 

I'm just ready for draft night at this point.  The end to these enormous thread titles and long-winded polls is nigh..

God bless you my sweet summer child.

• Like 7

I thought this has been SOP for a long time now?  Not sure why people are having such a hard time with this.

I'm just ready for draft night at this point. 

yeah I can only read a different iteration of the same post so many times.

The end to these enormous thread titles and long-winded polls is nigh..

I think we both know better than that.

• Like 1

s-l400.jpg

@NudeTayne nigh

And @LETSGOBROWNIES that is def the standard protocol. Which is why I am ready to get on with this show and stop driving myself nuts speculating tackle A vs tackle B,C,D when I know myself well enough to know that I will probably yell at the television for 10 minutes no matter what and then do a victory lap an hour later.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If you're going to put me on blast, at least tag me bro.

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Am I the only one that thoroughly enjoys watching the entire freakout process play out? I mean, we've literally had multiple people in this forum completely meltdown and receive bans/leave the forum and ditch their fanhood altogether. It's like Jerry Springer and Maury Povich meets Christmas edition(s).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you're going to put me on blast, at least tag me bro.

Am I the only one that thoroughly enjoys watching the entire freakout process play out? I mean, we've literally had multiple people in this forum completely meltdown and receive bans/leave the forum and ditch their fanhood altogether. It's like Jerry Springer and Maury Povich meets Christmas edition(s).

At least cheddar actually waited for his worst case scenario to happen before taking a header off the cliff of sanity.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At least cheddar actually waited for his worst case scenario to happen before taking a header off the cliff of sanity.

LOL Absolutely!

SwissMiss leaving after we didn't get Clausen, Bosko and the baby monitor breakdown fallout resulting in his mouthing off and subsequent ban/disappearance altogether was also unfortunate, not to mention ITWT, DawgSoldier losing his stuff after thorough pre-draft analysis, culminating in him losing his mind after we not only passed on Ngata, but then traded him essentially to Baltimore...I mean, I live for the predraft process, confidence, and Charlie Brown-esque running up to the football to kick it, wherein Lucy (the Front Office) pulls the football away only to get someone who 1/2 the forum hates.

My other inevitable favorite post draft moment is when @mistakey posts his Cartmen "tears of unfathomable sadness" gif and trolls that poster to get in line and get excited or leave. It really checks every box for me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LOL Absolutely!

SwissMiss leaving after we didn't get Clausen, Bosko and the baby monitor breakdown fallout resulting in his mouthing off and subsequent ban/disappearance altogether was also unfortunate, not to mention ITWT, DawgSoldier losing his stuff after thorough pre-draft analysis, culminating in him losing his mind after we not only passed on Ngata, but then traded him essentially to Baltimore...I mean, I live for the predraft process, confidence, and Charlie Brown-esque running up to the football to kick it, wherein Lucy (the Front Office) pulls the football away only to get someone who 1/2 the forum hates.

My other inevitable favorite post draft moment is when @mistakey posts his Cartmen "tears of unfathomable sadness" gif and trolls that poster to get in line and get excited or leave. It really checks every box for me.

itll really only be if we take wirfs.  or i guess cleveland cause everyone thinks hes a reach.