Joe Thomas Gives April ALL-22 Synopsis of the 4 Highly Debated Tackles' Play

Mind Character

Joe's Takes  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Joe Thomas' take on 1a.) Mekhi Becton, 1b.) Jedrick Wills Jr., 3.) Andrew Thomas, 4.) Tristan Wirfs Mostly Right or Wrong?

• He's mostly wrong, he's off on this one
    • He's mostly right, for the most part I think he sees it clearly
  2. 2. 1) Does Mekhi Becton's positive drug test at the NFL Combine Drop him out of the top 10 if he was going top 10 in the first place? 2.) Do the Browns have plans to take him?

• 1.) No, it changes nothing for teams., & 2.) I don't think the Browns ever had plans to take him
    • 1.) No, it changes nothing for teams, & 2.) I think the Browns still have plans to take him
    • 1.) Yes, it changes things for teams, & 2.) Though I don't think the Browns ever had plans to take him
    • 1.) Yes, it changes things for teams, & 2.) I think the Browns no longer have plans to take him.
  3. 3. Do you think that the Browns asked Joe to give his opinion on the Tackles before the draft?

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

What don't you like about Cleveland? I have never watched him so I don't have much of an opinion either way about him. From what I've read, he sounds like he has potential based on his tools, but that he hasn't necessarily proven to be a great player. Either way I'll be disappointed if we miss out on the top four tackles.

He's pretty weak and lacks a lot of real "movable" strength, and he had issues in the EDGE rushing department. If he doesn't really get stronger, then he's going to really flame out hard IMO.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's pretty weak and lacks a lot of real "movable" strength, and he had issues in the EDGE rushing department. If he doesn't really get stronger, then he's going to really flame out hard IMO.

The one thing that has made me more affable toward EC has been the fact that he played the whole season with a turf toe injury. That could help explain a lot about his inability to exert power as well as his tendency to not finish plays. If he was having to conserve his strength and play through pain just to be on the field, it could absolutely have contributed in those areas. And if that IS a correct assumption, then (imo) he belongs in the discussion for OT5 with Jackson and Jones (and Hunt if you consider him a T). 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

you are using their opinions as validations of your own.

Wirfs is a guard and not a tackle when there’s no proof either way is simply tedious.

I’m not dismissing his opinion, I’m just not using some other dudes opinions to validate my own thoughts.

I've had and provided subjective reasoning and my subjective take on what I think are objectively evaluated aspects of Wirfs as Guard far before I ever heard these other people's evaluations.

Pooling other prominent and/or expert opinions that have varying degrees of expertise as a barometer of a given opinion/evaluations quality is something we all as human beings do to figure out and calibrate whether our own opinions are completely off or not. It also serves as way to expand knowledge and refine one's own perspective.

Selective picking of information to serve confirmation bias is one thing. Pooling various expert opinions of GMs/Scouts, Trusted Expert Draft Analysts, thoughtful former Offensive lineman, and former NFL personnel types as a way of laying out the dimensions of the evaluation is imo a useful barometer at least for what people's concerns are regarding a prospect not a way to prove one opinion is the unquestioned truth.

"Proof" is a loose concept when it comes to the NFL Projection game as most except for a few elite of the elite prospects have "No Proof" that they'll be successful at the NFL game. The evaluation entails projecting guys in their 20s into position in the NFL where they'll be challenge in ways that they were never challenged.

For a lot of people they have assessed what they think it takes to be a successful Tackle in the NFL and they've decided that based on Tristan Wirfs Play on film that he has "not proven" that he'll be able to play the position of NFL Tackle but that he has "proven in his play that he'll have success as a Guard."

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We're doing all of this bickering about who is the best OT and might not even be in position to draft him even at #10.

Bickering? Lol. Meh. Discussions are all in the game.

Fact facts that none may be there at 10 anyway.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The one thing that has made me more affable toward EC has been the fact that he played the whole season with a turf toe injury. That could help explain a lot about his inability to exert power as well as his tendency to not finish plays. If he was having to conserve his strength and play through pain just to be on the field, it could absolutely have contributed in those areas. And if that IS a correct assumption, then (imo) he belongs in the discussion for OT5 with Jackson and Jones (and Hunt if you consider him a T). 

Yeah, the 2019 turf toe injury makes him very difficult to fairly critique, but why I lean towards that NOT being the case is that he was still able to flash his athleticism with it, which is weird. Then again, turf toe is weird.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I've had and provided subjective reasoning and my subjective take on what I think are objectively evaluated aspects of Wirfs as Guard far before I ever heard these other people's evaluations.

Pooling other prominent and/or expert opinions that have varying degrees of expertise as a barometer of a given opinion/evaluations quality is something we all as human beings do to figure out and calibrate whether our own opinions are completely off or not. It also serves as way to expand knowledge and refine one's own perspective.

Selective picking of information to serve confirmation bias is one thing. Pooling various expert opinions of GMs/Scouts, Trusted Expert Draft Analysts, thoughtful former Offensive lineman, and former NFL personnel types as a way of laying out the dimensions of the evaluation is imo a useful barometer at least for what people's concerns are regarding a prospect not a way to prove one opinion is the unquestioned truth.

"Proof" is a loose concept when it comes to the NFL Projection game as most except for a few elite of the elite prospects have "No Proof" that they'll be successful at the NFL game. The evaluation entails projecting guys in their 20s into position in the NFL where they'll be challenge in ways that they were never challenged.

For a lot of people they have assessed what they think it takes to be a successful Tackle in the NFL and they've decided that based on Tristan Wirfs Play on film that he has "not proven" that he'll be able to play the position of NFL Tackle but that he has "proven in his play that he'll have success as a Guard."

Bickering? Lol. Meh. Discussions are all in the game.

Fact facts that none may be there at 10 anyway.

not necessarily here, but all social media 

• Like 1