Mock draft to fix all Needs

Wally

Bare with me first time post, but love reading all the threads on here....  Here is my two cents on how to fix Packers needs and stay within our cap..

Packers trade OGLane Taylor and #30 to Chargers for CB king and #37 and a 4th rd.

2nd rd OT Cleveland Boise State

2nd rd OC Biadasz  Wisconsin

3rd rd TE Manuawaba (spelled wrong)Missouri

4th rd DL Fotu Utah

4th rd LB Logan Wilson  Wyoming 

5th rd WR Johnson Minnesota

6th rd RB Kelly UCLA

6th rd S/LB Muse Clemson

7th rd WR Cephus Wisconsin

7th rd OT Runyan Michigan

7th rd Edge Coughlin Minnesota

*If we can trade Linsley for a 3rd or 4th next year we do it.  

*Free agent sign DT Harrison / WR Gabriel

*We resign Bachtiari and Clark now and King during season if possible   

Take it easy on me, but that’s how If I am the packers GM we head to Super Bowl...

9 hours ago, Wally said:

Thank u went fast.  Thaughts?

I see what you did here! xD

I personally don't understand all the love for Snacks. I think he's done! 

I'm not a fan of the center in round 2. I know the built in Wisconsin bias but think you can get him in round 4. 

39 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I see what you did here! xD

I personally don't understand all the love for Snacks. I think he's done! 

I'm not a fan of the center in round 2. I know the built in Wisconsin bias but think you can get him in round 4. 

You think a 31 year old 350lb former elite NT with 5.5 sacks last two seasons Done?

Agreed Harrison better than anything we have for run stopper not named Clark.   Plus we need 1 decent to good year and then Fotu taking over starting duties.   4th round for the Wisconsin center.  If so and we get him there I would take that in a heart beat.  He is an absolute mauler.   

For a team that kind of needs immediate impact from rookies, this is underwhelming.  First two picks are on o-linemen who shouldn't see the field.  Next two picks are buried on the depth chart as well.  Especially if Snacks is brought in.

Great ILB prospect.  

But...It's a no for me.

2 hours ago, Triplestripe said:

You think a 31 year old 350lb former elite NT with 5.5 sacks last two seasons Done?

Yes and apparently so do a lot of GMs or he'd be signed by now. Including his former employer who is in desperate need of what you describe. 

If we need immediate impact from rookies. Picking at 30 we are not going to get that.  Cleveland will back up Wagner and at some point take his job this season and Biadasz will come in and replace Lindsey.    As for TE/LB/WR they will compete with what we have. Push to hopefully start or play major roles.     The reason Harrison isn’t signed is he wants too much money for a plus 30 DL and once draft over he will be snatched up pretty quickly by a team needing a run stuffer (Green Bay).     

Lol so drafting a WR in round 1 that is going to make us significantly better?  Without workouts over summer and a full camp. Lucky to be our 3rd receiver makes us so much better than last year?     Adding King as our nickel back makes our secondary better. Adding Foku and Harrison makes defense line better.  Having Kirksey, Wilson, Muse. Makes our LB’s better or at least a wash.   Yes Bulaga is better than Wagner or Cleveland right now, but always good to have depth.   Kelly great number 2 or 3 rb for security.   I don’t know how we will be way worse than last year. 

21 minutes ago, Wally said:

If we need immediate impact from rookies. Picking at 30 we are not going to get that.  Cleveland will back up Wagner and at some point take his job this season and Biadasz will come in and replace Lindsey.    As for TE/LB/WR they will compete with what we have. Push to hopefully start or play major roles.     The reason Harrison isn’t signed is he wants too much money for a plus 30 DL and once draft over he will be snatched up pretty quickly by a team needing a run stuffer (Green Bay).     

Cleveland is not ready to play.  Even if drafted, I can see scenarios where Cleveland isn't first tackle up to replace Wagner.  

I'm not down on Cleveland, but the first round is not where you take a kid like him.  Think Spriggs.  Second round.  EDIT;  I see you did take him in the second via trade down.  K.  I'm better with that.  He still shouldn't see any time, but that isn't as horrible a place to take a very green OT prospect.

Biadasz is rumored to be sliding big time.  But...let's say he can play.  He isn't playing in year one.  Patrick signed a contract to be first IOL off the bench at guard and tackle.  No special teams value.  

Albert comes in immediately behind Tonyan, Sternberger and Lewis.  No doubt he gets some snaps, but he isn't going to be ahead of where Jace is, let alone the other two.

Sorry man, I just don't like it.  'Bout the only thing I like is getting King at corner.  That move seemed solid.

If you listen to Harrison, the reason he isn't signed is because he's in pain and played with a lot of pain last year.

Edited by vegas492

Respect the discussion.   That is why I have Green Bay trading and moving down to 2nd rd for Cleveland.   If you think Biadasz moving to 3rd rd what about green bay taking him there and snagging clay pool in rd 2 instead of Missouri TE.      I just think with resigning Bachtiari and Clark we are gonna have troubles resigning Lindsey and Jones.     Thaughts?

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Cleveland is not ready to play.  Even if drafted, I can see scenarios where Cleveland isn't first tackle up to replace Wagner.  

I'm not down on Cleveland, but the first round is not where you take a kid like him.  Think Spriggs.  Second round.  EDIT;  I see you did take him in the second via trade down.  K.  I'm better with that.  He still shouldn't see any time, but that isn't as horrible a place to take a very green OT prospect.

Biadasz is rumored to be sliding big time.  But...let's say he can play.  He isn't playing in year one.  Patrick signed a contract to be first IOL off the bench at guard and tackle.  No special teams value.  

Albert comes in immediately behind Tonyan, Sternberger and Lewis.  No doubt he gets some snaps, but he isn't going to be ahead of where Jace is, let alone the other two.

Sorry man, I just don't like it.  'Bout the only thing I like is getting King at corner.  That move seemed solid.

If you listen to Harrison, the reason he isn't signed is because he's in pain and played with a lot of pain last year.

I thin you're a little too harsh on Cleveland. I don't think there's a massive gap between he and Austin Jackson.

• Like 1