Mock draft to fix all Needs

Wally

Just now, Wally said:

Respect the discussion.   That is why I have Green Bay trading and moving down to 2nd rd for Cleveland.   If you think Biadasz moving to 3rd rd what about green bay taking him there and snagging clay pool in rd 2 instead of Missouri TE.      I just think with resigning Bachtiari and Clark we are gonna have troubles resigning Lindsey and Jones.     Thaughts?

That you're the sworn enemy of grammar and typing?

5 minutes ago, Wally said:

What all pro DL in rd 4 do u recommend?   Remember when picking rd 4 thru 7 we are looking for projects Green Bay can develop.  

What part of "just for the sake of drafting an IDL" do you not understand?  If the players available at that position in that particular round suck, you don't draft the position.

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I thin you're a little too harsh on Cleveland. I don't think there's a massive gap between he and Austin Jackson.

Agreed. One is physically ready for the league, the other needs to hit the weight room and find some nasty in his game...

41 minutes ago, Wally said:

What all pro DL in rd 4 do u recommend?   Remember when picking rd 4 thru 7 we are looking for projects Green Bay can develop.  

What is Foku going to develop into? Is he going to develop from a poor run plug into an adequate run plug? The ceiling is Tyler Lancaster.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wally said:

Per you they suck per draft prognosticators say rd 4 is an ideal spot to take him and develop into a solid addition to a DL rotation.  respectfully I will trust there opinion.  

That's cool, doesn't hurt my feelings at all.  I'm going off of what I've seen on film and marrying that with what I've read.  Fotu is stiff as a board so he stands straight up out of his stance, which means he plays with zero leverage whatsoever, so he's constantly getting driven off the ball by double teams and washed out of run plays.  You'd think a guy that was 330 lbs would have some semblance of an anchor, but he has none.  If you'd like to see a glimpse of what is going to happen to him in the NFL, watch Utah's game against Oregon this year.  He wasn't just a non-factor, he was a liability.  Plus, on passing plays, all he really does is up and slap box with the guy in front of him.  He beat up on lesser competition when he would face a weak interior lineman that he could just bench press out of the way, but against competent linemen he didn't do much of anything.  He has slight value as a possible gap penetrator, but again, he's so stiff that all he really does is use his size to create momentum, which often results in him running himself out of plays because it takes him 3 days to stop himself and redirect.  IF he can learn to play with more bend so that he can use his size to create leverage and eat up double teams, then he could probably be a good run plugger, but I personally see what he currently offers as not worth a round 4 pick.  There will most likely be better options at different positions for round 4 rather than just grabbing and IDL just for the sake of grabbing an IDL.  I do understand why people expect him to go in round 4 since this IDL class is so shallow, but I really hope it's not the Packers that take him.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

That's cool, doesn't hurt my feelings at all.  I'm going off of what I've seen on film and marrying that with what I've read.  Fotu is stiff as a board so he stands straight up out of his stance, which means he plays with zero leverage whatsoever, so he's constantly getting driven off the ball by double teams and washed out of run plays.  You'd think a guy that was 330 lbs would have some semblance of an anchor, but he has none.  If you'd like to see a glimpse of what is going to happen to him in the NFL, watch Utah's game against Oregon this year.  He wasn't just a non-factor, he was a liability.  Plus, on passing plays, all he really does is up and slap box with the guy in front of him.  He beat up on lesser competition when he would face a weak interior lineman that he could just bench press out of the way, but against competent linemen he didn't do much of anything.  He has slight value as a possible gap penetrator, but again, he's so stiff that all he really does is use his size to create momentum, which often results in him running himself out of plays because it takes him 3 days to stop himself and redirect.  IF he can learn to play with more bend so that he can use his size to create leverage and eat up double teams, then he could probably be a good run plugger, but I personally see what he currently offers as not worth a round 4 pick.  There will most likely be better options at different positions for round 4 rather than just grabbing and IDL just for the sake of grabbing an IDL.  I do understand why people expect him to go in round 4, but I really hope it's not the Packers that take him.

LOL

Yeah, I don't think we're interested in the guy nonetheless. He's not the body type we're looking for in IDL anyway. FWIW, Kenny's our heaviest DL at 314 down a few pounds from 2018; Lancaster's a pound lighter than Clark. Adams, who will probably be cut, is the only other guy over 300 lbs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I thin you're a little too harsh on Cleveland. I don't think there's a massive gap between he and Austin Jackson.

Could be.  I feel like Cleveland has the athletic traits, but Jackson played at a much better program.  Jackson is probably ready to play sooner.  Cleveland has a higher ceiling and much lower floor.

I can't get over my Spriggs bias when I see Cleveland and I guess I feel like the OT we got as an UDFA is the same kind of athlete as Cleveland.  Niajam.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Could be.  I feel like Cleveland has the athletic traits, but Jackson played at a much better program.  Jackson is probably ready to play sooner.  Cleveland has a higher ceiling and much lower floor.

I can't get over my Spriggs bias when I see Cleveland and I guess I feel like the OT we got as an UDFA is the same kind of athlete as Cleveland.  Niajam.

*Yoshua Nijman

And yeah, his RAS was pretty nuts, almost identical to Cleveland's.  I do wonder if Cleveland is being overrated by draft pundits because of his combine performance.  If I remember correctly prior to the combine he was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder, and then he tore up the combine and all of a sudden he's considered a 1st.  We'll see in a couple days.

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

*Yoshua Nijman

And yeah, his RAS was pretty nuts, almost identical to Cleveland's.  I do wonder if Cleveland is being overrated by draft pundits because of his combine performance.  If I remember correctly prior to the combine he was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder, and then he tore up the combine and all of a sudden he's considered a 1st.  We'll see in a couple days.

Yup.  That's the guy.  I'm probably biased against Cleveland because of already having a great athlete to develop after failing to develop another great athlete in Spriggs.