kurgan 2020 "If I were in charge" Mock Draft--FINAL

kurgan

3 hours ago, kurgan said:

I get ya.  I really think that its Taylor or Pittman at 49.  Just makes too much sense.  Colbert is gonna go offense.  Taylor and Pittman are both Tombert type picks.  I just can't see us going defense unless there is a DDC type fall of someone HUGE.  But, I'm talking Winfield, Baun, Gross-Matos, Epanesa or even AJ Terrell.

I like Dye.  He actually could profile to a nickelbacker/Barron role.  He does not fit our hearts and smarts mold, but he wouldn't bother me.  He would at 49, but not necessarily at 102.  It would eliminate Muse, but that's OK.

For sure... there are different reasons that agents/players want to release who they are dining with, or NOT dining with.  I cannot imagine that Tombert only took out the Muse family, they would have wanted to talk to Wallace, Terrell and Simpson for sure, and I'd imagine Higgins.  I'd imagine the only reason that we know is that Muse's agent wants other teams to know that the Steelers are sniffing around.  Took him from UDFA to 5-6 round.  Same with other prospects that 'leak' video interviews.  The safety from Memphis, Curtis Weaver, etc.  Gain interest.

If it's truly between Taylor and Pittman I hope it's Taylor.  Taylor isn't my guy but as others have said, Pittman is more of the same of what we have.  Dye would be really good in our system but the price is too high.  I don't believe losing Baron and Hargrave make that big a difference to a strong Defense.  But the Offense needs help.  Specifically at LG and with explosive plays.  Those 2 spots have ample talent in this draft.  Pittman isn't one of them.  Taylor is.  However, they have GOT to get a guy that can take the top off and JW/Cain are not that guy IMO.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

If it's truly between Taylor and Pittman I hope it's Taylor.  Taylor isn't my guy but as others have said, Pittman is more of the same of what we have.  Dye would be really good in our system but the price is too high.  I don't believe losing Baron and Hargrave make that big a difference to a strong Defense.  But the Offense needs help.  Specifically at LG and with explosive plays.  Those 2 spots have ample talent in this draft.  Pittman isn't one of them.  Taylor is.  However, they have GOT to get a guy that can take the top off and JW/Cain are not that guy IMO.  

Great summation of valid points.

Everything you typed is 100% the way I feel.  Maybe not as strong stance with the Barron replacement, as long as there is a plan.  Right now, I don't see one, but we have PLENTY of time.

• 1 year later...