THE Official #FireDoug Thread

Danger

Doug Pederson was the last head coach hired in the 2016 cycle, the Philadelphia Eagles' third choice after Ben McAdoo decided to stay with the New York Giantsand Tom Coughlin decided he couldn't make it work there. Pederson watched as McAdoo and the Miami Dolphins' Adam Gase reached the playoffs in 2016 and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Dirk Koetter got close. Pederson's Eagles started 3-0 but fizzled out and finished 7-9. And while rookie quarterback Carson Wentzshowed flashes, it's fair to say Pederson's was far from the splashiest debut season.

How's that looking now?

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Somehow I doubt the Eagles wanted McAdoo over Pederson. Gase? Yeah I could see that.

Why? McAdoo might look like trash now but I can certainly believe it. I can't remember exactly what happened but I remember us being keen to bring him in for an interview and the Giants got all flustered and promoted him immediately. He was a really good HC candidate. I really didn't like the Pederson hire. 

You guys saw Michael Lombardi's comments about Doug being the least qualified HC ever right?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/3/16249726/former-nfl-gm-doug-pederson-head-coach-philadelphia-eagles-mike-lombardi-carson-wentz-ringer-video

meet the Eagles’ head coach, Doug Pederson! Now, everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL.

Pederson was barely a coordinator before he became head coach. Can you imagined if we elected a United States president who didn’t have any real training? Sorry, don’t answer that.

Look, the Eagles looked increasingly sloppy and unprepared as the 2016 season limped along. That ain’t changing in ’17.

Only Carson Wentz can save Pederson’s job, and Wentz actually got worse during his rookie year, not better.

When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?

10 minutes ago, 808 said:

You guys saw Michael Lombardi's comments about Doug being the least qualified HC ever right?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/3/16249726/former-nfl-gm-doug-pederson-head-coach-philadelphia-eagles-mike-lombardi-carson-wentz-ringer-video

meet the Eagles’ head coach, Doug Pederson! Now, everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL.

Pederson was barely a coordinator before he became head coach. Can you imagined if we elected a United States president who didn’t have any real training? Sorry, don’t answer that.

Look, the Eagles looked increasingly sloppy and unprepared as the 2016 season limped along. That ain’t changing in ’17.

Only Carson Wentz can save Pederson’s job, and Wentz actually got worse during his rookie year, not better.

When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?

Yeah, I saw it a long time ago and couldn't shake my head hard enough.

The fact he said "The immortal Roy Rubin lasted 51 games. I bet Doug Pederson lasts way less than that" is so stupid, cause 51 games is barely more than half 1 NBA season.

51 games in the NFL is a little more 3 seasons. 

Doug had already lasted longer than Rubin did when he made these comments.

And, how does "barely being a coordinator" make him the least qualified to coach than anyone he's seen in 30 years? lol

He still called plays during the 2nd half. It's not like he never called plays when in KC.

Besides, Andy Reid wasn't even a coordinator before he became the Eagles head coach.

john-stewart-facepalm.png

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think anyone will give him a job. 

I really hope people remember how bad he was as a coach and let him just be one of those really expensive DC. He just happens to be pretty young still so he may get another chance from a desperate team. 

I'll never forget that Harbaugh handshake he shared though. lol 

Archived