BayRaider 48 Hour-Eve Mock Draft (Three Rounds)

BayRaider

- Draft Images are from Draft Network

- Draft Rankings in the image are from Draft Network and not part of my own personal rankings. Plus these Rankings from Draft Network are a little old, from Mid January and much much different now. I would ignore them.

Draft Day Player Trades:

- Jaguars trade EDGE Yannick Ngakoue to Bills for Pick #54

- Redskins trade OT Trent Williams to Browns for a swap of Pick #41 for Pick #66

NFL Draft Intro:

NFL Draft ESPN Theme Music:

And let the NFL Draft begin... the Bengals are on the clock!

1. Cincinnati Bengals

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-48-12-PM.png

Burrow is a no-brainer pick here. Can be Franchise QB for years and years to come. The most important position in the NFL. Burrow's season with LSU this year was history-making.

2. Washington Redskins

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-58-39-PM.png

Redskins get their Generational EDGE talent that hopefully can make a similar impact to Bosa last year.

TRADE

Lions Receive:

Pick #5

Pick #39

Pick #56

Dolphins Receive:

Pick #3

5th Round Pick

3.  Miami Dolphins

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-50-16-PM.png

I still think this trade happens and I still think Dolphins want Tua badly. Don't believe the media smokescreens. Tua, if healthy, can become a Top 10, and even Top 5 QB in the NFL. In 90% of NFL drafts, and healthy, he is easily the #1 pick. Dolphins get their guy.

4. New York Giants

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-55-21-PM.png

Giants get the nastiest OT in the draft who is a plug and play for 10-12 years at RT. Can also probably move to Left. Helps protect Daniel Jones in a crucial sophomore season.

5. Detroit Lions

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-00-21-PM.png

Lions biggest need is IDL and people are really sleeping on Derrick Brown because of his combine. I think he's a Top 5 Player in this draft, and I think the Lions will believe so as well. Lions get nastier in the trenches with this pick. Many have Okudah here but Matt Patricia's job is on the line, and even the Elite Corner Prospects take a year to fully transition.

6. Los Angeles Chargers

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-55-55-PM.png

I've never once had the Chargers taking a QB at this spot. Herbert is not worth Pick 6 in the draft, and the Chargers desperately need a Franchise LT. Andrew Thomas is my #1 OT in this draft and also the safest player in the entire draft.

7. Carolina Panthers

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-00-39-PM.png

Panthers biggest need is IDL and they surprise people a bit taking Kinlaw 7th Overall. He fits their defense really well and will play 3-4 End where he is best projected to be in the NFL. I don't think Simmons fits the LB they are looking for, and Panthers are not usually a corner in the 1st type of team.

8. Arizona Cardinals

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-02-49-PM.png

Many think the Cardinals take an OT here and I personally don't think so. If one of: Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah, or Isaiah Simmons are available, I think they will role the dice on Marcus Gilbert who is a decent RT if he can stay healthy. The Cardinals get BPA in Jeff Okudah who will play Outside CB along with Patrick Peterson who is about to be 30. Cardinals have also mentioned they are moving Byron Murphy to Nickel Corner this year.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-50-30-PM.png

Jag fans are adamant about Minshew as their QB but I just do not see him as a long-term answer, and I don't think the Jag FO will think so either. You can't assume you'll be picking Top 10 every year and have your choice of QB. Jags pull the trigger here on Herbert and gamble on him being their Franchise guy.

10. Cleveland Browns

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-01-49-PM.png

Browns get one of their much needed positions, an off-ball LB. Simmons is great value here and the Browns are thrilled he slipped this far. Simmons makes the Browns defense a really premier unit and he's a great defense against Lamar Jackson's running attack.

11. New York Jets

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-55-33-PM.png

Jets may have just signed Fant, but they need a RT in a huge way. Wirfs is a plug and play RT and probably the most athletic linemen in this entire class. Darnold's protection was absolutely horrid last year, and they need to give Darnold premier protection going into a make or break junior senior.

12. Las Vegas Raiders

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-53-08-PM.png

I personally think Jeudy is the best WR in this class. I also think Mayock and Gruden will value his route running and technical prowess over Lamb's skill set. Jeudy gives the Raiders dominant offensive core with a Top 5 OL, Jerry Jeudy, Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow, Darren Waller, and Josh Jacobs.

13. San Francisco 49ers

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-53-18-PM.png

Kyle Shanahan's Offense with someone like Ruggs III will give teams nightmares. 4.2 speed and Ruggs is very well rounded. He ran the most diverse route tree in college football. Shanahan is a master at scheming WR's open, and if you scheme Ruggs open, he can take it to the house every time.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-55-43-PM.png

Bucs are thrilled one of the four OT's slips to them here. Becton makes that Tampa Line much better and keeps Tom Brady protected.

15. Denver Broncos

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-56-21-PM.png

Broncos Top 2 Targets, Jeudy and Ruggs III are off the board so they decide to get someone who can replace Bolles as early as Week 1: Josh Jones. Broncos are trying to do everything in their power to help Lock succeed. A possible Franchise LT in Josh Jones will help accomplish that.

TRADE

Falcons Receive:

Pick #35

Pick #39

Lions Receive:

Pick #16

16. Detroit Lions

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-58-56-PM.png

I think Gross-Matos goes higher most people think. He's my #6 player overall and I think the Lions will fall in love with him. He's the exact 4-3 EDGE player they covet. Gross-Matos has all the tools with his power, athleticism, and size to dominate in the NFL and be a Premier Pass Rusher. Lions completely revamp their Defensive Line with Yetur Gross-Matos and Derrick Brown.

TRADE

Cowboys Receive:

Pick #34

Pick #44

5th Round Pick

Colts Receive:

Pick #17

17. Indianapolis Colts

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-50-43-PM.png

Colts trade up with their two 2nd Round Picks to grab who they think is their Franchise guy in Jordan Love. They've met with Love several times including the combine, a private meeting, and a couple video chats. The interest is definitely there. I think the Colts will be offering 34 and 44 to every team from 14-21 and get someone to bite.

TRADE

Dolphins Receive:

Pick #21

Pick #103

7th Round Pick

Eagles Receive:

Pick #18

18. Philadelphia Eagles

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-52-54-PM.png

Eagles get great value here with CeeDee Lamb. Eagles perhaps need a WR more than anyone in this draft and they trade up a few spots ahead of the Jaguars to finally give Wentz a very solid target to throw to.

19. Las Vegas Raiders

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-12-57-09-AM.pn

Jaylon Johnson has climbed in the 1st Round the past few weeks, and keeps climbing. I personally feel teams probably always had him as a 1st Rounder, and the media/us fans had it wrong. This is the exact type of corner Mayock likes. Physical, great coverage, good tackler, press corner with good size. He has Silver & Black written all over him.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-01-03-PM.png

Jaguars have needed a 3T for quite a long time. Blacklock is probably the best pure 3T in this draft. He oozes potential with his bull rush and lightning quick first step.

21. Miami Dolphins

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-58-47-PM.png

Dolphins get tremendous value here with Chaisson. They need another 3-4 EDGE to pair with Kyle Van Noy. Shaq Lawson will be playing DE for them and the Dolphins are trying to build a dominant defense with Brian Flores.

22. Minnesota Vikings

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-56-36-PM.png

Vikings may have lost both starting corners and Stefon Diggs, but their OL got absolutely embarrassed by the 49ers in the playoffs. If they are going to compete, they need to address this asap. Austin Jackson is only 20 years old and has all the tools to be a future Franchise LT who can also play on the right. Vikings can address CB in a few picks and WR later on in a deep class.

23. New England Patriots

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-59-14-PM.png

Baun and the Patriots is a match made in heaven. I thought about having Baun fall a bit because of the diluted drug test, but this player makes a lot of sense for the Patriots. Baun will play 3-4 EDGE, a big need for the Patriots, and he's as versatile as they come. He can rush the passer, he's twitchy, he can cover TE's and RB's, and he's a solid run defender. This is Bill's kind of guy.

24. New Orleans Saints

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-03-11-PM.png

I usually have Queen here, but with the fall of Henderson, I think the Saints will not be able to resist. I think Henderson's range is 16-32 and do not buy into the Top 15 hype like some are saying. Someone in the secondary who refuses to tackle usually falls in the draft every single time, there are no exceptions. Although I don't think Henderson falls much. Just about 7 spots from his usual 17-Cowboy Projection. Saints are trying to win the Super Bowl in what should be Brees final season, and Lattimore-Henderson is deadly coverage combination.

25. Minnesota Vikings

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-03-44-PM.png

AJ Terrell has been disrespected in the draft process because of his National Championship. He was great all year. He has top-notch long speed, size, and he's a tremendous tackler. I have no doubts Terrell goes in the 1st Round.

26. Miami Dolphins

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-56-52-PM.png

A bit of a reach for sure, but two NFL GMs are saying they expect him to be picked in the 1st. He's raw but he can start at RT right away and obviously his potential is through the roof. Dolphins need someone to protect Tua and they cannot get out of the 1st without a OT.

27. Seattle Seahawks

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-05-22-PM.png

Antoine Winfield Jr. becomes the first Safety off the board. This guy gives you flashbacks to Earl Thomas. He's small at 5'9" but there is literally zero weakness to his game. His instincts are incredible, he's a ball hawk, he can tackle, he's very physical and loves contact, and he can cover in the Nickel. Winfield Jr. has all the potential in the world to be a dominant FS in the NFL.

28. Baltimore Ravens

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-59-24-PM.png

Ravens need to get stronger on the defensive line as the Titans beat them up in the playoffs. I think Epenesa is a perfect 3-4 DE at the next level and plug-and-play starter. He makes that line much more physical.

29. Tennessee Titans

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-59-34-PM.png

I think Okwara is going to be a big 1st Round surprise. He's a tremendous 3-4 EDGE Prospect and a very good fit for the Titans Defense. I think he's been very slept on in the draft process and don't be surprised if you hear his name on Day One.

30. Green Bay Packers

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-3-53-29-PM.png

Packers get one of the most polished players in the entire draft class. Jefferson will be a beast in the slot on day one and is a plug and play starter. He gives Aaron Rodgers a super dependable target along with Davante Adams. The Packer FO usually doesn't like WR's in the 1st, but I think the Front Office and Fans will both be thrilled someone as polished as Jefferson fell into their lap.

TRADE

49ers Receive:

Pick #36

Pick #99

Giants Receive:

Pick #31

31. New York Giants

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-02-06-PM.png

Giants have a serious need at LB, and Queen is a Do-It-All guy who can play Off-Ball or Mike Linebacker. This makes the Giants defense much much better going into 2020. 49ers acquire a Late 3rd Round Pick in the trade, as they desperately need draft picks.

32. Kansas City Chiefs

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-4-03-20-PM.png

Even though the Chiefs just re-signed Breeland to a one year deal, they still need to add corners. Fulton gives Spagnuolo the versatility he loves. Fulton can play Nickel Back to start his career and attempt an outside move later on. Fulton is a physical corner that could help the Chiefs repeat as Back to Back Champions.

For the 2nd and 3rd Round, please click this link:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/niFKuQvvo7

Hope you enjoyed the read and good luck to your team on draft day!

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 4

Dolphins assessment.

Dont hate the trade up but think we may be able to get it cheaper. Getting Tua A+

Trade down. I think it is a real possibility just not sure why we would want to in gathering more low round picks. I think we would be more likely to do a pick swap or gather 2021 picks.

Chaisson pick - nice assessment would be happy with him.

Wilson pick .- we must get at least one OT and Wilson is a good pick up with the lefty at QB. Huge ceiling.

• Like 1

Ravens had a good draft! I do like your efforts. Solid value and a good BPA all around.

Only controversy id point out is #60 Dugger. 
You could easily swap this value with Raekwon Davis. Even though the Ravens added Wolfe, Campbell & Epenesa in the 1st. Ravens have a big need for the future on the interior due to the ages of Brandon Williams & the 2 named above. 

Argument for Dugger is easily there though. Earl Thomas is up over 30 and only signed through 2021. Although I see him more as a SS and could be a plug & play as Ravens only have Chuck Clark after Tony Jefferson was released. Clark showed a lot of ability and potential last year. Just would be what the ravens had for trust in Clark to make a move for Dugger

Edited by ravens5520
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Ravens had a good draft! I do like your efforts. Solid value and a good BPA all around.

Only controversy id point out is #60 Dugger. 
You could easily swap this value with Raekwon Davis. Even though the Ravens added Wolfe, Campbell & Epenesa in the 1st. Ravens have a big need for the future on the interior due to the ages of Brandon Williams & the 2 named above. 

Argument for Dugger is easily there though. Earl Thomas is up over 30 and only signed through 2021. Although I see him more as a SS and could be a plug & play as Ravens only have Chuck Clark after Tony Jefferson was released. Clark showed a lot of ability and potential last year. Just would be what the ravens had for trust in Clark to make a move for Dugger

I see Dugger playing LB for you guys mostly. 

I get that Buffalo seems like a logical fit for Yannick but everything Beane has been saying/doing is build through the draft and keep our own guys. Bills have Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano and Tre White due extensions next year. I can't see them going for Yannick and his likely contract at this point.

Benjamin in round 3 is a really good choice.

3 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'd take that for the Vikings. I don't love having pick 22 be so much of a project, but I like OL help. I like the style, I'd suggest underlining or bolding the pick in the paragraph so that it's easier to find though.

Do you have images turned off? 

Devin McCourty

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

23. New England Patriots  Zack Baun

I would trade the pick. IMO Baun is to small when it comes to the Pats LB profile. He 6'2 and his weight 238.  His game is based on speed what happens when he gains 10lbs.

I would take the Antoine Winfield Jr. over Baun. IMO he will be the better Pro. Has star potential. I don't see Baun one of the best going forward. 

Reason to trade pick 

Draft loaded in the 2nd rd.

Roster has so many holes

No 2nd RD pick

Build for the future ,

key spots have no young  players, S , TE, RT, C, LB, WR  (S the whole unit is old as dirt) Chung good get cut or retire. He's done.  Devin McCourty retires next year.

Pats have Edge on the roster
Keionta Davis
Chase Winovich
Shilique Calhoun
Derek Rivers
John Simon
Derek Rivers

Edited by m haynes