Last chance GM mock

Cbrunn

A user picking for every team this is what I got so far, 1st 4 rounds

49     Antoine Winfield Jr.    Minnesota    S

I was surprised to see Winfield Jr there in the 2nd , no hesitation with that pick

102   Bryan Edwards    South Carolina    WR

I struggled with this one, so many directions, I knew the offense needed help, it came down to Edwards and barch. Edwards best football is ahead of him and while maybe not a pure burner on enough speed and size to stretch the field and bring physicality to that room

124   Willie Gay Jr.    Miss. State    LB

4th came down to Jonah Jackson and gay, gay won out because he can be the perfect linebacker next to bush. A buck that can fly and cover? Character concerns are there but thought in the 4th it was worth the risk

135   Hakeem Adeniji    Kansas    OL

Knew we needed help along the OLine, the versatility is what I liked here, I see him as a long term starter at LG, but get him in camp and maybe he's your best RT while moving Feiler inside...he could even backup LT in a pinch

All high character with 1 gamble...I feel like they like to take 1 risk a draft

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I like it a lot so far. Gay is a steal at 124 IMO. I prefer some other receivers to Edwards but that’s just nit picking.

Agree, this was the 1st time looking into edwards, I've seen some guys like him, a bunch of receiver's and RBs were taken. 

I think the height is what won me over, over guys like Bowden or duray (spelling?) 

• Like 1

I wouldn't touch Gay with a 10 foot pole, TBH.  Too many character issues.  I do like his ability, but waaaay too many red flags on a year like this.

Edwards is underrated... He is a jump ball guy and runs good routes.

Love the pick of Winfield... he makes us so much better.  Injuries worry me, but he is worth it.  Same can me said for Adeniji

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kurgan said:

I wouldn't touch Gay with a 10 foot pole, TBH.  Too many character issues.  I do like his ability, but waaaay too many red flags on a year like this.

Edwards is underrated... He is a jump ball guy and runs good routes.

Love the pick of Winfield... he makes us so much better.  Injuries worry me, but he is worth it.  Same can me said for Adeniji

I agree on Gay but at 124 the talent and scheme fit is almost too rich to pass up. He would be a really nice running mate with Bush.

If we want him IRL we would have to use 49 on him which I’m definitely not a fan of. I’ve seen him mocked as high as #33

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

What did he do that was so unforgiving?

Academics? Meh that's not a locker room cancer trait

Willie Gay? He punched his QB,  Garret Shrader in the face, Also yes he was benched for 8 games due to academic violations of some sort.

Edited by wwhickok

44 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Willie Gay? He punched his QB,  Garret Shrader in the face, Also yes he was benched for 8 games due to academic violations of some sort.

And double ejected in the Egg Bowl for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties.

But the worst is punching his own QB and breaking his jaw.  Not a good look.

While neither is a good look

Mississippi State coaches said the QB incident was blown way out of proportion

https://milehighsports.com/broncos-draft-profile-willie-gay-could-be-one-of-the-drafts-biggest-steals/amp/

And the ejection wasn't bad, every player got one during a bench clearing brawl, where he neither played instigator or continued anything ... Now he obviously got a 2nd , but there is a little * there

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nflmocks.com/2020/03/09/2020-nfl-draft-willie-gay-scouting-report/amp/2/

Edited by Cbrunn

38 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The 4th is when you start taking chances on players with these red flags .  Martavius Bryant anyone?

When is the last time they took someone with red flags though? I think they learned their lesson with Martavis, AB, etc. Not worth the headache in their eyes.

Not only that but when is the last time we have drafted someone where character, leadership, intangibles etc. wasn’t a positive. I feel like they have over-compensated to avoid those potential issues and strictly targeted that quality with every selection the past few years.