Steelers 2020 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

bigben07MVP

5 minutes ago, Displayname said:

That would definitely be a win now move. Question is how much would it cost us in terms of money

he has 2 years left on his current deal. this year for just over 2 mil and a club option the following year for like 6 mil.

3 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

he has 2 years left on his current deal. this year for just over 2 mil and a club option the following year for like 6 mil.

For a day 3 and maybe a future mid-ish pick, I’m down. Him as center fielder, fitz able to move around and Edmunds as dimebacker. I can’t find any PG comments to really post how I’d feel about that

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Right now, I'm not convinced Cushenberry, Akers, Dobbins, Taylor, or Pittman will be there at 49.

I do think McKinney could be 

If Akers, Taylor, and Dobbins are gone that probably means Swift will still be there unless there is some crazy RB run to start the 2nd round. I think Taylor and Swift will for sure be gone but Dobbins and Akers both have a good chance of still being there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Right now, I'm not convinced Cushenberry, Akers, Dobbins, Taylor, or Pittman will be there at 49.

I do think McKinney could be 

I’d be amazed if all 4 RBs go before the Steelers pick.

• Like 2

ok so my draft day has officially begun. I have a bottle of Blantons and a mix of habanos, padron, and liga privada #9s to smoke from now till prolly 4am. I am already handing out likes liek parade candy and will be out before i know it but this is my christmas so eff it! Here is to adding to the nation!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Where u seeing he turned down an extension? Can’t find anything.

I suggested a few weeks ago they should extend 1 of Banner/Feiler before the season...cost certainty.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/zach-banner-betting-on-myself-with-one-year-contract-indicates-he-could-have-done-multi-year-deal/

I saw  here. I was thinking of making a new thread about this a couple weeks ago, but I forgot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

so what are thoughts on possible scenario.

we trade a 4th this year and next to move back into the later 3rd to pick up both wallace and DPJ with 3rds

Obviously I’d need to see how the board is, but I’d probably do it. We’re going to have a bunch of picks next year. I think we’re projected to net a 4 and two 6s in comp picks, I could see some wheeling a dealing with future picks.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Obviously I’d need to see how the board is, but I’d probably do it. We’re going to have a bunch of picks next year. I think we’re projected to net a 4 and two 6s in comp picks, I could see some wheeling a dealing with future picks.

I would have no problem dealing next years 3rd or 4th in a deal to acquire another 3rd this year.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

so what are thoughts on possible scenario.

we trade a 4th this year and next to move back into the later 3rd to pick up both wallace and DPJ with 3rds

Sign. Me. Up. 

Combine that with Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, or Akers in the 2nd and I’m a happy man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sign. Me. Up. 

Combine that with Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, or Akers in the 2nd and I’m a happy man.

thats what im saying

i think if we snag wallace then barron is replaced with edmunds in sub packages.

any of those 4 rbs and DPJ gives this offense the shot of play maker it needs to compliment the defense