Steelers 2020 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

bigben07MVP

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

Ultra darkhorse pick besides Tee Higgins is Simpson also from Clemson who they met at combine and can also play OC.

I love John Simpson. @kurganspeaks highly of him as does Lance Zierlin(sp?). He’s maybe my favorite players in the draft. I think he’s plug and play at LG for the next 12 years. Instantly improves our run game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Ultra darkhorse pick besides Tee Higgins is Simpson also from Clemson who they met at combine and can also play OC.

He absoluetly cannot play Center.  I might have some film of him trying his freshman year.  It was horrible.  He may have gotten better, but I never saw him take a snap at C at Clemson, or in high school.

If anything, he is LG/RG capable and in a pinch, RT.

Edited by kurgan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I love John Simpson. @kurganspeaks highly of him as does Lance Zierlin(sp?). He’s maybe my favorite players in the draft. I think he’s plug and play at LG for the next 12 years. Instantly improves our run game.

100% +++++

• Like 3

I think it’s pretty simple that Simpson(or Hunt) helps the run game. Foster could hardly move last year. He could barely make it around AV, let alone getting all the way to the other side. If our line can run the power to both sides equally, with Ben starting, our offense is tough. I don’t think it was a coincidence that our run game inproved when Finney started in place of Ragu.

• Like 1

I’m gonna be sad when we take a running back at 49. Gonna be sad when they are not lightyears ahead of 2018 James Connor. Gonna be sad when we are 70/30 or 65/35 pass to run. Gonna be sad when we don’t extend them after 4 years because they are a running back. 

We have a starter. We are a pass first team. We drafted 3 straight years in a row. Next years draft class and FA class are both strong. I’m just gonna be sad, and based on what all mocks seem to have ya doing...I’m expecting to be sad. 

Though, I am on record openly apologizing to LeVeon Bells drafting, so....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Is it bad that while everyone wants offense , I'm hoping for Winfield Jr?

That d would be so dangerous

I understand it but they gotta make Bens job easier one way or another...just my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Cbrunn said:

Or get Ben back the ball as much as possible?

Ben is gonna be 38 with a new OL piece or 2 and usually starts off the year rusty. The defense is already gonna be good at creating turnovers...they can’t go 8 straight games with only scoring 1 offensive td or less again.

Agree to disagree I guess.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Is it bad that while everyone wants offense , I'm hoping for Winfield Jr?

That d would be so dangerous

I've been banging the table for a S since the end of FA.

Any one of the top 5-6 would help us.  Winfield, Delput or McKinney would make us elite.

Glad there is a WR run here.

• Like 1