Not in order

Dobbins-Swift-Taylor-Akers

Mims-Shenault-Pittman-Higgins

Hennessey/Cush/Cleveland/Jones/Niang

Hargrave cline at DT/Blalock

McKinney/Delpit/Winfield

Thats 18...

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

No safeties taken in round 1 and I am giddy. 

CEH was the only back I would have not totally hated at 49. Gonna run out the door for him in fantasy, though. Andy Reid had to be giggling in between chicken wings when he got to pick him. 

• Like 2

I was so close to takIng a +2000 bet on CEH to be the first RB drafted. Looked for it on my site for 10 minutes and couldn’t find it. Such a bummer. 

Overall I was happy with how the first round went. Queen to the Ravens stings and Wills was the perfect pick for the Browns. Reagor and Ayuik going was less than ideal, but still so many players I would be happy for.

This would be my top 10 remaining, loosely in order

McKinney

Deandre Swift

Jonathan Taylor

Denzel Mims

Grant Delpit 

JK Dobbins

Shenault 

Tee Higgins

Winfield Jr

Josh Jones

• Like 1

Alright... back by popular demand, kurgan's rankings based on E-H-O scale of happiness.

So many prospects, I had to divide happy into two subcategories.. one based on need (and who I have scouted) and the other based on BPA's that have fallen and I have done little/no work on (DB's and Edges that are non-traditional for us).

I have 6 Ecstatics... 3 safties, 1 RB and 2 WR.  I would run to the podium (in a manner of speaking) for any of them.

18 Happies... 13 that are needs aka BPA in a hole in our roster.  2 RB, 3 tackles, 2 WR, 2 IOL, 3 safeties and an Edge.  Baun is close to ecstatic for me, but Edge isn't a glaring need and he would take time to transition to ILB, but I'd be worth it to me.  All of these 13 are almost run to the podium scenarios unless there are a bunch left in which we can trade back and get a later pick and still get one of them.  The 5 in the subcategory of BPA/PV are guys that I did not expect to be available and I am not sure if I am interested in them or not... I simply did not do any work on them.  2 Edges that I am not sure are fits (Gross-Matos more than Epanesa) and 3 CB's that were no supposed to be here.

Finally, the 5 OKs are guys that I would be OK with, but I would prefer trading down for.  I understand their value position wise, but I am not sold on them at 49.  Madibuke and Hamler are not my cup of tea, and the other 3 are good gets, just not at 49.  I'd like them 10-15 spots lower.

I am not sure this could have played out better for us.  There will be enough teams that need to trade up (Pats, Colts, Lions) to get Fromm, Hurts or Eason. Hopefully that happens in front of us, pushing more of the Ecstatic guys in our direction.  I'd even be OK with a mini WR or RB run early to push the other group towards us.

With 17 picks to us, math is not on my side, but if a couple of QBs go, then a mini-run of RB/WR/OT, we should be in great shape.  If one of those in the first group make it to us... I will be jumping up and down.  Thinking about any of those guys in Black and Gold is just amazing.

• Ecstatic (6): X. McKinney, D. Swift, G. Delpit, L. Shenault, D. Mims, A. Winfield
  • Happy (18)
    • {subcategory=need) (13): J. Dobbins, J. Taylor, L. Naing, J. Jones, T. Higgins, L. Cushenberry, J. Chinn, K. Duggar, A. Davis, M. Pittman, M. Hennessey, E. Cleveland, Z. Baun
    • {subcategory=positional value} (5): K. Fulton, A. Espanesa, Y. Gross-Matos, T. Diggs, J. Johnson
  • OK (5):J. Madibuke, C. Akers, K. Hamler, N. Gallimore, J. Uche
  • Like 6