Steelers 2020 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

bigben07MVP

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I would like to leave day 2 with...an OL/offensive skill position pick and a depth piece on defense.

I truly might even prefer going all offense and double dipping on OL.

I'm greedy... I want an Offensive Skill Player (RB/WR), OL and a S/ILB.

Trade back 10 spots, take DPJ/Bowden/Akers, pick up a mid 80's to get Hennessy/Hunt/Naing and still have 102 to take Wilson/Davis-Gaither/Wallace/Davis/Jones

• Like 1

I really do think our FFMD strategy is the best, other than the trade up for Akers. We should have stayed put. But if the real FO could get a trade back in the 2nd and a trade up back into the 3rd using our 4th and a future pick, that’d be great. I know there’s a slim chance, but it’s all for fun. 

• Like 2

FYI List of Props I'm taking (I killed it last night). 

Next TE drafted - Adam Trautman +325

Next TE drafted - Devin Asiasi +3400

Next QB Picked - Jalen Hurts -185

Next RB Picked - Jonathon Taylor +170

Next Safety Picked - Grant Delpit +350

Next WR Picked - Michael Pittman Jr - +325

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

FYI List of Props I'm taking (I killed it last night). 

Next TE drafted - Adam Trautman +325

Next TE drafted - Devin Asiasi +3400

Next QB Picked - Jalen Hurts -185

Next RB Picked - Jonathon Taylor +170

Next Safety Picked - Grant Delpit +350

Next WR Picked - Michael Pittman Jr - +325

i dont like the te bets but the others are pretty good deals

2 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I'm 100% against moving up at all. This Draft is WAY too deep. Move back if you can. Get all the picks you can.

if we can trade back from 49 im all for it.

if not i am not opposed to using a future 4th and a current 4th to move back into the 3rd for a guy like wallace. I agree this draft is deep but there are some targets worth a small move up with the extra draft capital we have coming next year

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

i dont like the te bets but the others are pretty good deals

Tight ends are such a crap shoot this year. Kmet is the heavy favorite but I bet he’s not even the #1 tight end of half the league’s boards. It’s definitely a year to play the odds with some of the later guys. Honestly @jebrick is the reason I picked Asiasi.

I also added Ashtyn Davis next safety +2200. I could see the Dolphins taking him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kurgan said:

I'm greedy... I want an Offensive Skill Player (RB/WR), OL and a S/ILB.

Trade back 10 spots, take DPJ/Bowden/Akers, pick up a mid 80's to get Hennessy/Hunt/Naing and still have 102 to take Wilson/Davis-Gaither/Wallace/Davis/Jones

I think Hennessey is the pick if they go OL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Belicheck stated the Patriots traded back to 37 because the guy they wanted would still be there at 37. I wonder if they're referring to Jalen Hurts?

I wouldn’t feel good gambling with a QB like that. If Bill likes Hurts, I figure he’d take him in the 1st. You also get a 5th year option. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn’t feel good gambling with a QB like that. If Bill likes Hurts, I figure he’d take him in the 1st. You also get a 5th year option. 

i hope they do take him. I am not his biggest fan and wouldnt mind him gone by our pick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t love Hennessy but I could probably come around to him. He’s pretty quick and he’s smart. He seems like a very rich man’s Bj Finney. 

Ultra darkhorse pick besides Tee Higgins is Simpson also from Clemson who they met at combine and can also play OC.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 1

Just now, Big Snack said:

i hope they do take him. I am not his biggest fan and wouldnt mind him gone by our pick

I don’t disagree. I think he’s definitely going to go in front of us. Someone will trade up in front of us to make sure of that. I think people think we might take him.

• Like 1