Week 3: Dolphins at Jets

rdelaney89

Was at the game yesterday. Adams was everywhere making all the plays. Maye had a quiet day but thats not always a bad thing for a Safety. Powell/McGuire need more playing time, you can see the offense just has more fire to it with them out there compared to Forte. Kerley actually looked like a decent returner which was nice. I do wish I saw more field time from the younger WR (other than Robby). McCown played great, and that sticks with my "everything about this game goes through the QB." We had good QB play and we beat a team soundly. QB HAS TO BE THE #1 PRIORITY IN THE DRAFT. I would not mind if they took a qb in round 1 and then again later in the draft. 

12 minutes ago, PaulieIceman said:

Was at the game yesterday. Adams was everywhere making all the plays. Maye had a quiet day but thats not always a bad thing for a Safety. Powell/McGuire need more playing time, you can see the offense just has more fire to it with them out there compared to Forte. Kerley actually looked like a decent returner which was nice. I do wish I saw more field time from the younger WR (other than Robby). McCown played great, and that sticks with my "everything about this game goes through the QB." We had good QB play and we beat a team soundly. QB HAS TO BE THE #1 PRIORITY IN THE DRAFT. I would not mind if they took a qb in round 1 and then again later in the draft. 

I agree. Hopefully we are in a position that we dont need to trade up for a QB but I would easily take 2 if a good guy fell to the mid rounds. McCown should be brought back. Not because of his play but because he actually wants to teach and is a terrific teammate. 

I liked what Christopher Johnson said and did.

I didn't see the game, but I looked at some clips on twitter and seen the stats. We really need to give John Morton credit for what he's doing on offense. We're not highly ranked, but he has the group outperforming expectations.  McCown has a 70% completion rating so far. McGuire is averaging 4.8ypc . ASJ had a good start. If he can keep this up, I want to keep morton and see what he can do with a better QB. No telling how much better the offense would look with Enunwa.

Jamal Adams will lead the way to the culture change they need.

57 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Give toilet bowles some credit. He had the defense prepared. He almost never does this. 

I was just going to post this. We must give credit where credit is due. Bowles coached an excellent game and actually had more emotion at times on sideline especially with some of the penalties called. Obviously it's one game but if this game was a turning point for bowles and the team comes out ready to play like that every week I have no problem giving him some more time.

Sunday was the first time i was proud to be a jets fan since week 16 of 2015. The acting owner was terrific the team unified and showed class and they dominated a division rival. 

I dont care about draft position anymore. Play for pride. Sell some assets at the deadline if we can and stockpile some picks. If we have to trade up for a QB than so be it. We have the ability to do so and we are going to have a ton of money in FA. Credit to Josh McCown as well who has lead an offense of misfit toys to respectable numbers thus far. I dont even care about playing Petty or Hackenberg at this point. Neither has been able to even play to the level McCown has at this point and McCown is a journeyman. I dont except to win many games but I want us to go down swinging, and McCown has been swinging. I have to give the guy credit, aside form a vanilla scheme and trying to force balls out of desperation in buffalo, J-mac has done a solid job. 

If we keep playing like this week in and week out we can forget the top 2 QB's but I''m ok with that.  If you told me guys like Adams/Maye/Sterwart/Shell/Dozier/Anderson/McGuire would all be contributing to wins then we should be happy.  I liked Brooks coming out of FSU so I'm hoping that 3 safety look Bowles loves so much fits in with our new stud trio of Adams/Maye/Brooks.  Heard his name quite a few times for all the right reasons.  Another 25 year old piece to the secondary is a nice late addition.

For some reason I really don't care about the top 2 pick thing anymore because I'm starting to have a man crush on Lamar Jackson anyway.  Only thing that needs to seriously change is more snaps for Stewart.  Enough Kerley more Stewart.

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Sunday was the first time i was proud to be a jets fan since week 16 of 2015. The acting owner was terrific the team unified and showed class and they dominated a division rival. 

I dont care about draft position anymore. Play for pride. Sell some assets at the deadline if we can and stockpile some picks. If we have to trade up for a QB than so be it. We have the ability to do so and we are going to have a ton of money in FA. Credit to Josh McCown as well who has lead an offense of misfit toys to respectable numbers thus far. I dont even care about playing Petty or Hackenberg at this point. Neither has been able to even play to the level McCown has at this point and McCown is a journeyman. I dont except to win many games but I want us to go down swinging, and McCown has been swinging. I have to give the guy credit, aside form a vanilla scheme and trying to force balls out of desperation in buffalo, J-mac has done a solid job. 

I'm in agreement with everything you say. Besides, I truly think the only player worth "sucking" for would be Darnold, but odds are he will return to school anyway. 

It's only 1 win so I wouldn't count our chickens before they hatch; I still think we end up with 3/4 wins, albeit we'll be competitive. That said, I'm hoping they do continue to play for pride. It's good for the organization as a whole, and I think rebuilding the culture can make a greater impact than any one player ever can. 

Yesterday's game was so bizarre because it seemed to come out of nowhere. We weren't just good - we were dominant. After a week of trash talking our management, I have to give credit where credit is due - all the defensive pieces Mac brought in looked great and Bowles looked like a real HC.

Miami still has a good O-Line and runs the ball well and we finally showed up and dominated at the POA something our defensive live can't seem to do consistently. They played well I wont take it away from them but I dont except to win more than 3 or 4 games. We will still have a top 5 pick and it could be any one of these top 5. A QB will be obtainable. 

Archived