Week 3: Dolphins at Jets

rdelaney89

On 9/25/2017 at 10:07 AM, ekill08x said:

I agree. Hopefully we are in a position that we dont need to trade up for a QB but I would easily take 2 if a good guy fell to the mid rounds. McCown should be brought back. Not because of his play but because he actually wants to teach and is a terrific teammate. 

I am ok with bringing him back as long as its not like the Fitzy deal. Let him know that it is with the thought he will be the backup and will help out the new guy/draft pick. And for people saying Darnold is staying in school. Sure, he could. But I think a lot changes when draft experts start to come out after the season saying you are the consensus number 1 pick. What are they waiting for? People say they dont want to get drafted by the jets.... ok, so you would rather get drafted by the other highly regarded teams like the browns or jaguars (I know, they are doing ok this year but they will sink soon enough probably)? they will see they are going to make millions in NYC and more likely than not, declare for the draft. 

I think Sam could return because he's still young and not quite putting up the numbers that was expected so far. He can make great throws, but if his TD/INT ratio doesn't clean up, he might decide to return for another season. I hope he does come out, not just for the Jets. Him coming out helps us because we're going to need a deep QB class if we don't get the #1 pick. 

I don't think anyone would pass on the Jets unless Woody's rep is really bad and we get a Eli/Chargers situation. If your organization is running correctly and in a major market, players will want to come. A team that's heading into the right direction and allows a player to expand on marketing possibilities is gold. I don't think Sam or Rosen would return to school because we're picking him, but we do need to show signs of heading in the right direction just by staying competitive in games.

Nice to beat the Dolphins. They are a fraud and I despise them. Their fans honestly thought they had a shot at the division this year. 

As far as Darnold/Rosen, if they are slotted to be the top pick (who knows) I think they will come out. Rosen for sure, Darnold could be iffy. But if we land 1 of them I’ll be ecstatic. Yes even with Darnold taking his lumps now.

Archived