Lamar Jackson to be on the cover of Madden 21

.Buzz

Just now, drew39k said:

I hope not, but it will be hard not to.

Maybe they give him a bit weaker of an arm and make him a little more inaccurate for game balancing purposes, but the thing about 04 Vick was how deadly he was as a runner. They gave him the rb factors of a top tier rb.

Running wise he stats have to be close to 04 Vick numbers so even if they give him a slightly weaker, more inaccurate arm he is still going to be near impossible to deal with as a runner.

Lamar in this year's madden was ridiculously good. I don't think anyone will come close to '04 Vick because the way the game played back then was so different than now (they specifically tuned speed ratings to make them closer, whereas in '04 Vick could run circles around everyone).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Good news.

I look forward to his terrible season with the rats.

What’s a worse curse - getting on the cover of Madden, or playing for the Cleveland Browns?

Statistically speaking I think playing for the Browns has proven to be much more likely to bring a player ill fortune and a complete lack of team success. 

I look forward to the Browns terrible season. As always.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar in this year's madden was ridiculously good. I don't think anyone will come close to '04 Vick because the way the game played back then was so different than now (they specifically tuned speed ratings to make them closer, whereas in '04 Vick could run circles around everyone).

Yeah tbh if someone knows what they are doing, there isn't a lot you can do to stop him.  Even a QB spy isn't always going to work because of how insane his juke his + the boost he gets when behind the LOS

Only saving grace is he fumbles 90% of the time he's hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yeah tbh if someone knows what they are doing, there isn't a lot you can do to stop him.  Even a QB spy isn't always going to work because of how insane his juke his + the boost he gets when behind the LOS

Only saving grace is he fumbles 90% of the time he's hit.

God I hate that so much. You can get arm tackled by Antonio Cromartie and Lamar will fumble 9/10 times - so does any mobile QB. It's so stupid.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

What’s a worse curse - getting on the cover of Madden, or playing for the Cleveland Browns?

Statistically speaking I think playing for the Browns has proven to be much more likely to bring a player ill fortune and a complete lack of team success. 

I look forward to the Browns terrible season. As always.

Touchy there ratfan.

56 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

God I hate that so much. You can get arm tackled by Antonio Cromartie and Lamar will fumble 9/10 times - so does any mobile QB. It's so stupid.

Maybe that’s what they will fix with this version. They will make his QB fumbling go way down over the other running QBs... making him close to that 04 Vick level of dominance. Like if his fumbles were say... 2/10... he’s literally not stoppable in the game. Especially if they decide to boost up some of his accuracy numbers too for being the cover athlete.