Lamar Jackson to be on the cover of Madden 21

.Buzz

14 hours ago, drew39k said:

I hope not, but it will be hard not to.

Maybe they give him a bit weaker of an arm and make him a little more inaccurate for game balancing purposes, but the thing about 04 Vick was how deadly he was as a runner. They gave him the rb factors of a top tier rb.

Running wise he stats have to be close to 04 Vick numbers so even if they give him a slightly weaker, more inaccurate arm he is still going to be near impossible to deal with as a runner.

Also just the way the animations work now it's really hard to make another 04 Vick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnifico said:

Wish they'd take a year off and rebuild the damn game to make it better. Goddamn EA.

Cool Lamar's on the cover, no other choice really.

And I guarantee, when the game comes out even less improved than it usually is, they will say "well, the coronavirus really hurt our ability to improve the game"....even though they will still charge the full $60 for barely improved game, with Ultimate Team and microtransactions the only thngs that see many updates.

EA is the coronavirus of the videogame industry.   

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And I guarantee, when the game comes out even less improved than it usually is, they will say "well, the coronavirus really hurt our ability to improve the game"....even though they will still charge the full $60 for barely improved game, with Ultimate Team and microtransactions the only thngs that see many updates.

And once the next generations of consoles hits they'll release a barebones version of the game that will look amazing but will lack all the gameplay features that were in the game for years. Then they'll incrementally re-add those features back in a couple at a time over the next few years and market them as major "improvements"

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

And once the next generations of consoles hits they'll release a barebones version of the game that will look amazing but will lack all the gameplay features that were in the game for years. Then they'll incrementally re-add those features back in a couple at a time over the next few years and market them as major "improvements"

Dont forget they will release a trailer with pre rendered graphics and claim its actual gameplay, only for the real gameplay to look like the same choppy,  awkward, robotic mess its looked like for over a decade.   

Theyve been doing the same things for 15 years.     At this point its just comical.    

• Like 2

Advanced issue found

😖

3 hours ago, Magnifico said:

Wish they'd take a year off and rebuild the damn game to make it better. Goddamn EA.

Cool Lamar's on the cover, no other choice really.

Or just abolish the exclusive license, and let companies compete for the market by trying to make the best product. The founding principle of consumer capitalism.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not that want companies to take advantage of the current global situation but it's the perfect storm to go "We're not going to release FIFA/Madden 21 this year, and we're going to get our crap together, giving them an extra 12 months of proper dev time."

Instead people will pay for an absolute mess of a release on both the current gen and new gen consoles for $60/£50. I don't buy Madden or FIFA but avoiding 2K like the plague this year for that exact reason (and 2K's Franchise mode is awesome). I'll buy it next year.

17 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Or just abolish the exclusive license, and let companies compete for the market by trying to make the best product. The founding principle of consumer capitalism.

That would be ideal but would never happen knowing the NFL and EA.

Edited by Magnifico

1 hour ago, Magnifico said:

Not that want companies to take advantage of the current global situation but it's the perfect storm to go "We're not going to release FIFA/Madden 21 this year, and we're going to get our crap together, giving them an extra 12 months of proper dev time."

Instead people will pay for an absolute mess of a release on both the current gen and new gen consoles for $60/£50. I don't buy Madden or FIFA but avoiding 2K like the plague this year for that exact reason (and 2K's Franchise mode is awesome). I'll buy it next year.

There is at least a little hope right niw considering 2K is partnering with the NFL to make their own mobile game, and EAs license runs out next year.

Hoping the NFL sees the money potential of letting other companies make NFL games.

Madden really needs to either:

Adopt a two team dev cycle similar to what Activision did with Call of Duty

Or 

Launch every other year titles with 20-30 dollar dlc expansion on the non launch years that would basically feature updated offseason updates and some new dialogue.

Both options would allow for a two year development cycle which would allow for way for actual improvements between titles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

#1, Jackson isn't even on the same planet as a passer that Mahomes is. 

#2 Idgaf what he looks like.

1. Look at last year and tell me he isn't close.

2. You clearly do because he looks great in a ravens uniform. If he was in a steelers uniform you'd be saying he's better than Mahomie. 

37 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Madden really needs to either:

Adopt a two team dev cycle similar to what Activision did with Call of Duty

Or 

Launch every other year titles with 20-30 dollar dlc expansion on the non launch years that would basically feature updated offseason updates and some new dialogue.

Both options would allow for a two year development cycle which would allow for way for actual improvements between titles.

Call of Duty has three developers if I remember correctly plus support teams. 

lol EA prioritizing quality over MONEY? nah. But either of these would be a solid solution. 

49 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

1. Look at last year and tell me he isn't close.

2. You clearly do because he looks great in a ravens uniform. If he was in a steelers uniform you'd be saying he's better than Mahomie. 

Call of Duty has three developers if I remember correctly plus support teams. 

lol EA prioritizing quality over MONEY? nah. But either of these would be a solid solution. 

They've rotated how many dev's they have had over the years. I should have clarrified that I was referring to the infinity ward/treyarch combo they had in their prime.

And yeah, EA is trash. All about the dollar Bill's for them. Option one I presented means only making half the profits every other year and option two means they have to pay two production studios. Neither are things they would be willing to do despite how much it would allow them to improve their brand.

Honestly what should and needs to happen is for the NFL to sell the rights to NFL games on an every other year basis to 2k and EA. Force the developers to put in two year cycles to improve the quality of the games and force them to make each other better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

6 hours ago, Magnifico said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/madden-nfl-2k-sports-football-games-2020-3

"For the first time in over 15 years, "Madden" is getting some competition in the world of football video games.

The NFL revealed on Tuesday morning that it's ending its years-long exclusivity deal with Electronic Arts on football games. "Madden" will continue to be produced in partnership with the NFL, but the NFL is also working with 2K Sports — the company behind the smash-hit "NBA 2K" franchise.

That new arrangement encompasses a "multi-year" deal that includes "multiple future video games" — the first of which is expected to arrive next year, in 2021."

• Like 2