Lamar Jackson to be on the cover of Madden 21

.Buzz

41 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/madden-nfl-2k-sports-football-games-2020-3

"For the first time in over 15 years, "Madden" is getting some competition in the world of football video games.

The NFL revealed on Tuesday morning that it's ending its years-long exclusivity deal with Electronic Arts on football games. "Madden" will continue to be produced in partnership with the NFL, but the NFL is also working with 2K Sports — the company behind the smash-hit "NBA 2K" franchise.

That new arrangement encompasses a "multi-year" deal that includes "multiple future video games" — the first of which is expected to arrive next year, in 2021."

EA still has rights to "simulation" NFL games. basically it means whatever 2K produces won't actually be a madden competitor- possibly more of an nfl blitz/street type deal or something totally different, but it won't be a straight up challenge to madden. perhaps the hope is that 2K delivers something compelling enough to convince the nfl not to renew their exclusive contract with EA after 2021, but who knows whether that'll be the case.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

1. Look at last year and tell me he isn't close.

2. You clearly do because he looks great in a ravens uniform. If he was in a steelers uniform you'd be saying he's better than Mahomie. 

He isn't close. When truly pressured he did not do well. The first matchup vs. Pittsburgh in which Baltimore only got a chance to win because of a b.s. roughing the running back call, Jackson struggled mightily. He also struggled and lost against Tennessee. 

He proved his accuracy under duress in not very good. He is absolutely not close to as good right now as Mahomes is as a passer.

As for your 2nd statement. No I wouldn't. I'd still be saying the same thing, because it's true. I am.cery critical of the flaws Steelers players have 

59 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He isn't close. When truly pressured he did not do well. The first matchup vs. Pittsburgh in which Baltimore only got a chance to win because of a b.s. roughing the running back call, Jackson struggled mightily. He also struggled and lost against Tennessee. 

He proved his accuracy under duress in not very good. He is absolutely not close to as good right now as Mahomes is as a passer.

As for your 2nd statement. No I wouldn't. I'd still be saying the same thing, because it's true. I am.cery critical of the flaws Steelers players have 

Uh huh. 

10 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

1. Look at last year and tell me he isn't close.

2. You clearly do because he looks great in a ravens uniform. If he was in a steelers uniform you'd be saying he's better than Mahomie. 

Don't do this, he is nowhere the raw natural passer Mahomes is, plus there is no way you have such a dynamic talent of Hollywood Brown who should be just as dynamic as Tyreek Hill and Mecole Hardman only average 12 ypc, that's the difference. 

Kansas City had almost a non existent running game and still obliterated teams deep, and Baltimore had the #1 rushing team in the NFL and could only manage consistent crossing patterns from Andrews. 

Two different classes of arms bro, where are they close? And if we really want to go deep, I'm not sure Jackson survives long without Greg Roman IYAM

28 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Don't do this, he is nowhere the raw natural passer Mahomes is, plus there is no way you have such a dynamic talent of Hollywood Brown who should be just as dynamic as Tyreek Hill and Mecole Hardman only average 12 ypc, that's the difference. 

Kansas City had almost a non existent running game and still obliterated teams deep, and Baltimore had the #1 rushing team in the NFL and could only manage consistent crossing patterns from Andrews. 

Two different classes of arms bro, where are they close? And if we really want to go deep, I'm not sure Jackson survives long without Greg Roman IYAM

Oh here we go.

Brown had a foot injury for most of the year and wasn't the no.1 option for most of the year plus he was a rookie. 

They're close in their both elite young QBs with tremendous upside and no I'm not saying he's a top 5 NFL passer yet but people saying he's nowhere close are blind. 

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

As a passer? He isn’t close.

How many games did you watch last year? 

53 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

High school level.

Played 3 years.

Was an assistant high school coach for 1 and a half seasons.

That...wasn’t a serious question...

It’s just easier to assume that I didn’t watch the guys play than it is to possibly accept that Mahomes is a much better passer than Jackson.

47 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That...wasn’t a serious question...

It’s just easier to assume that I didn’t watch the guys play than it is to possibly accept that Mahomes is a much better passer than Jackson.

This is the internet there is no serious question font.

It's also accurate. 

22 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/madden-nfl-2k-sports-football-games-2020-3

"For the first time in over 15 years, "Madden" is getting some competition in the world of football video games.

The NFL revealed on Tuesday morning that it's ending its years-long exclusivity deal with Electronic Arts on football games. "Madden" will continue to be produced in partnership with the NFL, but the NFL is also working with 2K Sports — the company behind the smash-hit "NBA 2K" franchise.

That new arrangement encompasses a "multi-year" deal that includes "multiple future video games" — the first of which is expected to arrive next year, in 2021."

Unfortunately, if you look further into it, the deal is for "non simulation" so maybe a new blitz style game but not a true competitor to madden.