Pick #11 from this group - Your top choice

dcat

Pick #11 from this group - Your top choice  

42 members have voted

1. 1. No trade back. Pick one. (listed alphabetically)

• Team Becton
    • Team Jeudy
    • Team Lamb
    • Team Ruggs
    • Team Thomas
    • Team Wills
    • Team Wirfs
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2020 at 12:05 AM

My question to people picking WRs: what is a WR worth if Sam does not have time to get the ball to them?

Sam has been running for his life his entire career. It’s why Robbie could never get the ball and Leveon put up weak numbers. The only way to win in this league is in the trenches. Philly proved that by winning a SB with a back up QB. We don’t have the receivers, we don’t have a deep backfield, we don’t have a reliable OL. The foundation and first step in the right direction needs to be the OL in my opinion. Not to mention this is possibly the deepest WR draft we’ve ever seen. 

Hopefully this post is on the second page so no one’s vote was swayed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NJWolverine2 said:

My question to people picking WRs: what is a WR worth if Sam does not have time to get the ball to them?

Sam has been running for his life his entire career. It’s why Robbie could never get the ball and Leveon put up weak numbers. The only way to win in this league is in the trenches. Philly proved that by winning a SB with a back up QB. We don’t have the receivers, we don’t have a deep backfield, we don’t have a reliable OL. The foundation and first step in the right direction needs to be the OL in my opinion. Not to mention this is possibly the deepest WR draft we’ve ever seen. 

We added 3 new starting OLineman. The OL is improved. To the level we’d all like? No. But what good is Sam being protected to throw to Braxton Berrios?

• Like 2

I want a top-level OT. Wills would be my preference, but admittedly I'm mostly basing that off this video from Brett Kollman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-OL21I2xE

What I really don't want is anyone with questions about their commitment to football. Between that and how we watched the athletic freak of Vernon Gholston turn out, I have little interest in Becton. I don't know much about the prospects' run-blocking capabilities, but I'd really love a powerful run-blocker so that we can actually you know, not get hit behind the line of scrimmage all the time.

That all said, if several OTs come off the board before our pick, and our choices are between an OT we aren't excited about, or the #1 or #2 WR on the board, I'd be all-in on the WR. Would be really happy with Lamb or Jeudy. But "Sam to Lamb" sounds best, so I'm voting that in this situation.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NJWolverine2 said:

Robbie was never that good, he was a okay WR. 

But having a great Ol with terrible weapons isn't going to help much either. Most young QBs have playmakers to throw to that help them. A #1 WR would make Sam more dynamic and boost his stats more, so now he has a guy to bail him out at times and to score TDs or make yards. 

We signed all these linemen, but at WR we downgraded to perriman. Without adding a instant starter at WR, we will be putting Darnold out there with the worst weapons he has had. 

The way they are operating, they want a athletic OL and to move the pocket and let Sam make plays. Without a top target that becomes harder, getting a WR like Lamb would give our offense more credibility.  They signed Fant to start at LT and we will see how much they like Edoga. Like it or not, FAnt was signed to start.