Browns and Redskins discussing Trent Williams deal

brooks1957

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Love rumors. They are pretty keen. 

Seems like if they had lost their choice of tackle at 10, they'd trade down and use the assets to pull this trade.

The smartest move is getting your top guy at 10, for a variety of reasons. Trent was a good fallback plan if that didn't work.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Seems like if they had lost their choice of tackle at 10, they'd trade down and use the assets to pull this trade.

The smartest move is getting your top guy at 10, for a variety of reasons. Trent was a good fallback plan if that didn't work.

part of Berrys aggressive approach to acquiring players. 

Better use of resource is to get a talented tackle and save the 15 million for something else, looking at you Clowney. 
Willis+Clowney and our third better than Williams and a WR at 10. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

part of Berrys aggressive approach to acquiring players. 

Better use of resource is to get a talented tackle and save the 15 million for something else, looking at you Clowney. 
Willis+Clowney and our third better than Williams and a WR at 10. 

Would have involved a trade down most likely to recoup the draft capital loss from acquiring TW.

Neither is a bad plan, but the one that was executed opens up a lot of possibilities even beyond Clowney. 

Edited by ditchdigger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Would have involved a trade down most likely to recoup the draft capital loss from acquiring TW.

Neither is a bad plan, but the one that was executed opens up a lot of possibilities even beyond Clowney. 

yeah, good point, we had a trade down on the cards, I cant imagine the value is where we wanted it as no one else took it, I presume if someone would work with us they would work with the jets too. The Jets have a bunch of holes on their roster. 

the insecurity caused by coronavirus is probably a reason we saw less trades happening in the draft, people played it safe and conservatively., I imgaine teams wanted to trade back, but people didnt want to trade up. 

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I’m pretty sure this is accurate.