Gronk returns, traded to TB

pwny

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's an unpopular opinion regarding Brady, sure, but not sure what else about it is silly. They're revamping a team to be built around a 45 year old QB and his TE who retired 2 years ago after being oft-injured? Sure. They're going to be right back in the QB market in 2 years.

What’s silly about it is you keep thinking they’re “revamping” anything.

This is the same team - minus Brady and Gronk - that TB was going to trot out next year opening day regardless. 

Youre acting as if the Bucs gave up young, cheap, talented assets in order to get Brady. They didn’t. They added Brady to that young, talented team you thought was on the rise in your original post.

Adding Brady didn’t in any way, shape, or form lessen the team’s young talent.

All it does it give that talent a chance to win NOW.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 5

For Belichick, I guess he wants to prove that he can do it all over again,  but Brady is a child. 

He obviously couldn't handle the pressure of going to a new team to play with an entirely new group of players.  

He has to have his buddies with him wherever he goes.  

It's just sad and pathetic.   

Just now, RamblinMan99 said:

For Belichick, I guess he wants to prove that he can do it all over again,  but Brady is a child. 

He obviously couldn't handle the pressure of going to a new team to play with an entirely new group of players.  

He has to have his buddies with him wherever he goes.  

It's just sad and pathetic.   

swing and a miss

• Like 6

In the words of Drake, the Bucs going in like a life sentence lol. Good for them though. The haters are already hating about the Bucs going for it all right now but Im loving it. The NFC South continues to get more interesting which is why the Saints squandering chance after chance after chance the past few years will come back to bite them. Not saying they still wont be contenders but its going to be a dog fight in the NFC South as well as the NFC in general. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

did they, though?

QuestionableBestEyelashpitviper-size_res

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just because he's one of the best ever doesn't mean age doesn't affect those levels of players.

He looked in rough shape the last time he was out there. He may be more healthy by sitting out a year but as someone said his type of back issue isn't ever going to "heal" fully. 

How serious is the back issue? I've never heard anything suggesting it was career ending, or anything like that...

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's an unpopular opinion regarding Brady, sure, but not sure what else about it is silly. They're revamping a team to be built around a 45 year old QB and his TE who retired 2 years ago after being oft-injured? Sure. They're going to be right back in the QB market in 2 years.

Or earlier than that. Is there a point there? Because I'm not seeing one. 

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It'll be interesting to see what he's got left in the tank. Then again, taking a year off could help the wear and tear he had on his body, and give him some new life.

Yeah I'm not buying him being a year older as a downside because he didn't play football. He wasn't recovering from a major injury. If anything he should be healthier.

The bigger issue is the amount of Weight he's lost. Anyone know his current weight compared to the 265-270 he was playing at? He looked as though he slimmed down 20-30lbs?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

If Brady fails they still have an identical roster to last year, minus a 4th rounder.

They're going to trade away OJ Howard as well, and they haven't even drafted yet. Still lots of pieces to fall into place, and like Bucs fans have been saying, they're going to shoehorn Tom Brady into an offense, so they're going to be drafting pieces to fit him. If Brady fails or when he retires in 1-2 years, they'll still be left with these pieces. It just, to me, makes no sense trying to build a roster around a guy who YOU KNOW is going to be gone in 2 years.

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

This is the same team - minus Brady and Gronk - that TB was going to trot out next year opening day regardless. 

Youre acting as if the Bucs gave up young, cheap, talented assets in order to get Brady. They didn’t. They added Brady to that young, talented team you thought was on the rise in your original post.

Adding Brady is fine - if the Bucs were a scheme fit, which they're not. Do you really think this Bucs team is going to be a prolific offense with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin running drag routes and whip routes in short spaces? On the flip side, do you think they're going to be prolific with Tom Brady throwing it down the field the whole game at his age? That's what doesn't make sense to me. Sure, Jameis was a turnover machine but he still fit Arians' offense - Brady doesn't, and Evans/Godwin don't fit "Brady's" offense, either.

So if the Bucs start drafting/trading pieces away to fit Brady's scheme for their 1-2 year window they have with him, it definitely will impact them long-term. Plus they just traded a 4th round pick for a retired TE lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I honestly think you're looking much more from the perspective of "6 SBs" rather than actually looking at how he did last season.  

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They're going to trade away OJ Howard as well, and they haven't even drafted yet. Still lots of pieces to fall into place, and like Bucs fans have been saying, they're going to shoehorn Tom Brady into an offense, so they're going to be drafting pieces to fit him. If Brady fails or when he retires in 1-2 years, they'll still be left with these pieces. It just, to me, makes no sense trying to build a roster around a guy who YOU KNOW is going to be gone in 2 years.

Adding Brady is fine - if the Bucs were a scheme fit, which they're not. Do you really think this Bucs team is going to be a prolific offense with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin running drag routes and whip routes in short spaces? On the flip side, do you think they're going to be prolific with Tom Brady throwing it down the field the whole game at his age? That's what doesn't make sense to me. Sure, Jameis was a turnover machine but he still fit Arians' offense - Brady doesn't, and Evans/Godwin don't fit "Brady's" offense, either.

So if the Bucs start drafting/trading pieces away to fit Brady's scheme for their 1-2 year window they have with him, it definitely will impact them long-term. Plus they just traded a 4th round pick for a retired TE lol

So your entire “the GM is driving this team into the ground” argument is predicated around the possibility that:

A. The GOAT QB and Bruce Arians can’t figure out a way to make an offense work with Tom Brady, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin

B. They might trade away more assets in the near future to improve the team

....am i getting that right?

Edited by Ray Reed