Gronk returns, traded to TB

pwny

11 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:
13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't think of many more sure signs that a player's career is over than being traded away by the Belichick Patriots tbh. To me, the headline is "Bill Belichick thinks Gronk's injuries are such a concern that heΒ isn't worth a 4th round pick"

That'd be a pretty fake news headline. Something more accurate would be "Belichick realizes Gronk never wants to play for him again and gets what value he can out of a retired guy".Β 

Exactly.  Literally was about to post the same thing before reading the rest of the page.😎

Just now, .Buzz said:

What'd you think a guy that sat out an entire calendar year, over the age of 30, and has serious back issues was going to net?

Well, he's one of the best ever, no? And wouldn't sitting out a year just increase his health? Realistically, he'd net a third (maybe even a second), with nothing coming back. But this is an accommodation trade, all the way. And that's cool. Belichick showing some class.Β 

16 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Anyone who thinks the Bucs are going to pigeon-hole Tom Brady into playing a scheme he doesn't fit isn't taking much time to think things through.Β 

So they're going to pigeonhole Godwin/Evans into an offense which they don't fit instead?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, he's one of the best ever, no? And wouldn't sitting out a year just increase his health? Realistically, he'd net a third (maybe even a second), with nothing coming back. But this is an accommodation trade, all the way. And that's cool. Belichick showing some class.Β 

Just because he's one of the best ever doesn't mean age doesn't affect those levels of players.

He looked in rough shape the last time he was out there. He may be more healthy by sitting out a year but as someone said his type of back issue isn't ever going to "heal" fully.Β 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Soon to be 31 years old, lots of wear and tear on him with a persistent back issue? I'm just not seeing it. That's not to say I dont' think it's a helpful acquisition. He probably fits better than Howard at this point, and obviously having Brady is a help. I just think the impact is going to be way overstated. Plus, with Evans and Godwin, I do think that there is a diminishing return issue in effect.Β 

Gronk just has to stand there and the WRs have more room. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Don't get me wrong, your original point is still silly.

It's an unpopular opinion regarding Brady, sure, but not sure what else about it is silly. They're revamping a team to be built around a 45 year old QB and his TE who retired 2 years ago after being oft-injured? Sure. They're going to be right back in the QB market in 2 years.

Brady

Evans

Godwin

Gronk

Howard/Brate

They will be in heavy 12 personnel. Only question now is who they add at RB? Do they go and draft a Swift, Dobbins, Taylor or CEH? Trade for a Fournett or sign a McCoy, Freeman Ware to add a veteran presence? Should be fun!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Brady

Evans

Godwin

Bronk

Howard

They will be in heavy 12 personnel. Only question now is who they add at RB? Do they go and draft a Swift, Dobbins, Taylor or CEH? Trade for a Fournett or sign a McCoy, Freeman Ware to add a veteran presence? Should be fun!

I'd expect OJ to get traded, but that doesn't take away from the fact they are paying Cameron Brate and should still feature 12 personnel.Β 

I'd be very surprised if the Bucs don't use one of their 2nd round picks on a feature RB. Ronald Jones is not that guy.Β 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's an unpopular opinion regarding Brady, sure, but not sure what else about it is silly. They're revamping a team to be built around a 45 year old QB and his TE who retired 2 years ago after being oft-injured? Sure. They're going to be right back in the QB market in 2 years.

If Brady fails they still have an identical roster to last year, minus a 4th rounder.

• Like 1