Patriots trade TE Gronkowski and a 7th to Bucs for a 4th

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Wow, who could have predicted this before it happened? Oh wait.

I post this to illustrate how Gronk screwed the Patriots over a bit more than just in the 2019 season. Only saving grace is he finally got to play in a Super Bowl and the Pats won it after negating this deal in 2018.

You're missing the part where we would've been trading away a Super Bowl ring...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

What weird dark magic does Brady do to bind guys to him? Gronk and Jules are like his Bloodriders. They’ll probably self immolate the day Tom dies and be scattered on his pyre so they can catch passes in Valhalla.

Just a total guess, only based on how he comes across in public - but you ever meet those guys who's energy or positivity or whatever charismatic quality they have draw you to them. You just feel in a better mood when you're hanging out with them? I bet he's one of them. Seems always positive, and by all accounts he's a good laugh on a night out too.

Sounds ghey, but whatever :) 

8 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

+Wonder what Julian must be thinking right now.

I wonder if I'm still invited to the derby next year?

I hope Stidham can throw the short out route and the option slant and go route with more zip than Tommy had these last 2 years?

Will Alex Guerrero return my emails about my new meal plan?

5 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Over/under how effective he's going to be after a year out of football?

Around half of his elite years production, I'm saying.

So something like ; 

40 Rec, 600 yards, 5 TDs

Very similar to the 2013 year, but he was murdered half way through that

Seems like this was worked out to benefit all sides

Technically Gronk could have been a **** and just unretired and returned to the Pats, adding 10 million to the Pats cap charge which would have likely ended up with him being cut and just signing with Tampa as a Free Agent so the Pats get nothing

This way The Pats get a free 4th rounder and Gronk gets to keep him 10 Million dollar salary for 2020

Everybody won

Gotta question the motive behind this. Probably the love of football and he misses it, but let's not forget what he was saying about why he retired. He was crying in front of people talking about how he couldn't sleep due to pain caused by hits. That doesn't stop because he has a year out. I wonder if/when he gets his first stinger and can't walk the next day what he thinks then. 

He was different in his final season. Melancholy Gronk. I wish him all the very best, but I can see another early retirement.