Could the Colts trade Malik Hooker?

Wyld Stallyns

A couple days ago, during his pre draft presser. Chris Ballard told the Indy media that the Colts haven’t decided whether to pick up Hooker’s 5th year option. Now all of a sudden the Colts are willing to trade him? 

I saw someone else report that a few teams have reached out to the Colts about Hooker. Are these 2 related? Did Lombardi take both pieces of information and reach that conclusion? 

I also heard Quincy Wilson is available but that Is dependent on someone being willing to trade for him. Wilson has removed all Colts info from his social media which suggests he doesn’t plan on being in Indy very much longer. 

With the Gronk trade now TB has to trade either OJ Howard or Cameron Brate. Hooker for Howard and ?? 

For me, pick up the option for Hooker. With Buckner on the DL I think Hooker could see a lot more errant passes go his way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

A couple days ago, during his pre draft presser. Chris Ballard told the Indy media that the Colts haven’t decided whether to pick up Hooker’s 5th year option. Now all of a sudden the Colts are willing to trade him? 

I saw someone else report that a few teams have reached out to the Colts about Hooker. Are these 2 related? Did Lombardi take both pieces of information and reach that conclusion? 

I also heard Quincy Wilson is available but that Is dependent on someone being willing to trade for him. Wilson has removed all Colts info from his social media which suggests he doesn’t plan on being in Indy very much longer. 

With the Gronk trade now TB has to trade either OJ Howard or Cameron Brate. Hooker for Howard and ?? 

For me, pick up the option for Hooker. With Buckner on the DL I think Hooker could see a lot more errant passes go his way. 

Exciting times...isn't it! I like Hooker, but health has been an issue. I too am curious about the TE position. I would be surprised if we did not draft one high or get a significant FA.