2020 DRAFT - SOME REMINDERS

CBears019

The draft is only a couple days away.  Obviously we have no idea how this draft is going to go since it’s all virtual and has never been done this way before (personally, I’d find it to be hysterical if someone hacks into the draft or if it’s just a bunch of old GMs who have no clue how to use technology and are just fumbling around with everything).  I’d like everyone to remember a few things:

- Generally the “insiders” will tweet out the pick before that pick is announced on TV.  Please be courteous and DONT SPOIL THE PICKS.  Most people like the suspense and hearing the name read aloud on TV.  I know, you can just put down your phone or computer before the pick is read and avoid spoilers, but that gets tiresome after awhile.  You don’t get bonus points or credibility from being the first one to post a pick on footballsfuture.

- When the Bears do make their selection and it’s someone you don’t like/want, take a deep breath before making any posts fueled with vitriol towards Pace (looking at you gustymetropolis).  And don’t hate on other posters because they did like the pick that you didn’t.  Fortunately, from reading most draft threads it seems most people agree that the Bears can go with just about any position and people will be ok with it.  Please don’t force  @Madmike90 or I hand out warnings for something so easily avoided.  

- Like we do every year, I’d like to have someone designated to create a thread for each of the Bears draft picks once they’re made.  It should be an in depth scouting report (also include pictures, people like pictures).  Don’t just put their measurables and call it a day.  Put some conviction into it.  This way, when a pick is made we’re not inundated with like 7 new threads for the same player.  If you’re interested in this, please let me know.  Ideally it’s not someone who’s done this in the past (but to be fair i don’t remember who did it last year, so honor system please).  If you’re volunteering for this make sure you’re available for all three days of the draft.  If need be we could split it up between the two or three days (assuming we don’t trade into the first round).  

All that being said, let’s hope that the draft is enjoyable and that the Bears are closer to a Super Bowl on Sunday than they are right now.

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

@RJ_11 has volunteered to create the threads for the Bears draft picks this weekend.  

Big responsibility for me, this. Will make sure I get the threads up as soon as the picks happen! I'll reserve the OP so we can start discussion asap, then put a load of info on the pick in there after a few mins.

Let's draft some god damn players, colour me excited.

• Like 1

In all seriousness Windy has been harsh, but he backs his opinions with actual reasoning.

I am okay with any opinion agree or disagree as long as you do that and it isn’t just emotional name calling or making something personal or calling someone else’s opinion dumb.  

Haha in the interests of fairness I'm gonna use online scout reports for the OP. Then in the thread itself is where it GOES OFF.

Will make sure I watch until the end of tonight so I don't miss our trade up for a Division II TE.

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

In all seriousness Windy has been harsh, but he backs his opinions with actual reasoning.

I am okay with any opinion agree or disagree as long as you do that and it isn’t just emotional name calling or making something personal or calling someone else’s opinion dumb.  

I know, i was just poking fun at him.

• Like 1