My 2020 NFL Draft Big Board

CWood21

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19x9loZrjkGL0jS2Jw0p0WPBe6R3TRbeF1aZjaqZm9_Y/edit?usp=sharing

A few housekeeping notes.

1.) These are my rankings based on players I've either seen or watched enough to get an idea of who they are.  The grades are not up for negotiation.  Nor are these grades based on where I think players will go.  Rather where I think their grades are.

2.) Feel free to use this doc at your discretion.

3.) Players not listed are either guys I think are UDFA OR guys I haven't seen enough to make an opinion of them.  If/When the Packers pick these players, I'll do some more research into these players.

4.) And as always, players fall every year.  Some of them because of medical concerns, some of them because of character concerns, etc.  These rankings are based purely on what I saw.

And if anyone is having issues with accessing this doc, please let me know.  Also, if for some reason you have access to editing this doc please let me know ASAP.

In case anyone is too lazy to go to the link, these are my grades.  These are in positional order, not rankings.

Top 5 Grades
Joe Burrow [QB; LSU]
Chase Young [EDGE; Ohio State]

Top 10 Grades
Tua Tagovailoa [QB; Alabama]
Jerry Jeudy [WR; Alabama]
CeeDee Lamb [WR; Oklahoma]
Andrew Thomas [OT; Georgia]
Tristan Wirfs [OT; Iowa]
Jedrick Wills [OT; Alabama]
Mekhi Becton [OT; Louisville]
Derrick Brown [DT; Auburn]
Javon Kinlaw [DT; South Carolina]
Isaiah Simmons [LB; Clemson]
Jeffery Okudah [CB; Ohio State]

Top 20 Grades
Justin Herbert [QB; Oregon]
Henry Ruggs [WR; Alabama]
Justin Jefferson [WR; LSU]
Josh Jones [OT; Houston]
K'Lavon Chaisson [EDGE; LSU]
Yetur Gross-Moss [EDGE; Penn State]
Kenneth Murray [LB; Oklahoma]
C.J. Henderson [CB; Florida]
Kristian Fulton [CB; LSU]
Grant Delpit [S; LSU]

Late 1st Grades
Denzel Mims [WR; Baylor]
Ross Blacklock [DT; TCU]
Jeff Gladney [CB; TCU]
Jaylon Johnson [CB; Utah]
Xavier McKinney [S; Alabama]
Antoine Winfield Jr. [S; Minnesota]

• Like 7

I actually havent watched any of the high RBs outside of what i saw live. Why do you have Edwards Helaire half a round away from Taylor? From what i gather C E-H is fairly dynamic on routes out of the backfield. Has Taylor done much of thta?

The first time I opened it it "closed unexpectedly" but i think that was on my end.

Ezra AND Niang ahead of Jackson is interesting. What do you feel Jackson is missing?

Edited by HighCalebR

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I actually havent watched any of the high RBs outside of what i saw live. Why do you have Edwards Helaire half a round away from Taylor? From what i gather C E-H is fairly dynamic on routes out of the backfield. Has Taylor done much of thta?

The first time I opened it it "closed unexpectedly" but i think that was on my end.

Ezra AND Niang ahead of Jackson is interesting. What do you feel Jackson is missing?

Look at the tiers, and not the order inside those tiers.  I really want to like Austin Jackson, but those numbers he posted at the Combine were miserable.  I'm hoping the surgery was a large factor in his uneven play, and his poor Combine performance.  But I like my lineman with movement skills.  As for Taylor/CEH, look at their situations.  Taylor was the focal point of the Badgers' offense, and put up bigger numbers.  He's still got some concerns, but he's a cleaner grade than CEH IMO.  Not that CEH is bad by any means.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I love Niang. Hoping for him in the 2nd 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Look at the tiers, and not the order inside those tiers.  I really want to like Austin Jackson, but those numbers he posted at the Combine were miserable.  I'm hoping the surgery was a large factor in his uneven play, and his poor Combine performance.  But I like my lineman with movement skills.  As for Taylor/CEH, look at their situations.  Taylor was the focal point of the Badgers' offense, and put up bigger numbers.  He's still got some concerns, but he's a cleaner grade than CEH IMO.  Not that CEH is bad by any means.

keep in mind that CEH was playing hurt a lot of the time this year.

I'm not challenging any rankings here, but why do you have Cleveland that high? He seems to be a bit of a project from a technical and physical strength standpoint and he really needs to find some nasty in his game. Also, why is Kmet under Hopkins?

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm not challenging any rankings here, but why do you have Cleveland that high? He seems to be a bit of a project from a technical and physical strength standpoint and he really needs to find some nasty in his game. Also, why is Kmet under Hopkins?

Cleveland is probably the "cleanest" grade.  He's got some functional strength issues, but the pass pro skillset is real.  There's some boom or bust about him, and if you're trigger shy from Spriggs then I'd get that.  But he's probably in that next tier of OT.  Kmet is ridiculously average.  Kmet was supposed to be in the same tier with him and Trautman.  Not a good TE class to take early.  If they slip into late Day 2, early Day 3 then the value starts to come. 

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

Cleveland is probably the "cleanest" grade.  He's got some functional strength issues, but the pass pro skillset is real.  There's some boom or bust about him, and if you're trigger shy from Spriggs then I'd get that.  But he's probably in that next tier of OT.  Kmet is ridiculously average.  Kmet was supposed to be in the same tier with him and Trautman.  Not a good TE class to take early.  If they slip into late Day 2, early Day 3 then the value starts to come. 

Agreed on Cleveland. I'm not a Spriggs hater and thought injuries really slowed him down, but my only real issue with Cleveland is that he's not as great of a fit as is Saadiq Charles, who really only has to drop 10-15 lb.s and fix some technical issues. Of course, both need to gain some NFL strength, but...

How is Kmet ridiculously average? The tape I've seen shows a big WR in a TE's body who just needs some technical work with his blocking. Are you going for production or do you think Hopkins and Trautman are just as athletic?

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Agreed on Cleveland. I'm not a Spriggs hater and thought injuries really slowed him down, but my only real issue with Cleveland is that he's not as great of a fit as is Saadiq Charles, who really only has to drop 10-15 lb.s and fix some technical issues. Of course, both need to gain some NFL strength, but...

How is Kmet ridiculously average? The tape I've seen shows a big WR in a TE's body who just needs some technical work with his blocking. Are you going for production or do you think Hopkins and Trautman are just as athletic?

Charles is probably better value, but you're also coming with more issues in terms of character concerns plus I think he has more technique issues that need to be hammered out.  As for Kmet, I just don't see anything that jumps off the page for me.  I don't think he's a huge vertical threat, and I think he's best served sitting down in the soft zones in coverage.

• Like 1

It's always fun to see where people have players ranked. I do feel like unless your grades reflect general draft averages (like top 5-15 = blue chip, 15-40 red, etc), you need to bump up some high seconds/thirds into late 1 and late 2. You have 1 offensive player in 21-32 and 3 in R2 21-32. Considering the top of the class' strength is offense and weakness at Edge/ILB/S, there is probably more than 13 offensive players R1.