Final Mock Drafts

Lil' Shorty

I'll edit this as I go.  

1st: Becton OT (i think he falls bc of the failed pee test and is the best available when our pick comes up.)

2nd: Taylor RB (I really want Akers over Taylor but I think they take Taylor if he is available.  If he is not)

3rd: Bryce Hall CB 

4th: Tyler Biadasz C 

5th: Isaiah Hodgins WR

6th: No idea...Tyrie Cleveland WR

7th: Jordan Fuller S

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 2

I geeked out for the last one... 

1(14) Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville 

I think Licht stays put and it pays off. Potential is off the charts with Becton but with 3 other excellent OTs who have had many more pass pro reps, don’t have weight concerns and didn’t just have a questionable drug test at the combine…fair or not, it’s a passing league and stock is either up or down. The other 3 OTs stock is up, at least more than Becton’s, so he goes last and it pays off for the Bucs. This is the OT they wanted all along.

[TRADE] Bucs trade their 2nd (45) and their 4th (117) to the Giants for their 2nd (36)

2(36) Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin

I don’t think we move back into the 1st but I do buy the rumors CEH stock is soaring and he along with Swift will be the top two backs off the board, maybe in the 1st round. With concerns about the Chargers possibly taking Taylor at 37 Licht makes the move up.

[TRADE] Bucs trade OJ Howard to the Bears for their 2nd round pick (50)

2(50) Antoine Winfield Jr., S Minnesota 

The Bears have two 2nd round picks, and maybe it would take pick 43 to ensure we get Winfield Jr. Either way, Nagy uses TEs and just cut Trey Burton. Welcome OJ Howard. Winfield Jr. is on the Bucs radar and would be able to play the Justin Evans position as a ball hawk or step into slot. The versatility will also be invaluable if/when injuries occur.

3(76) Damien Lewis, OG LSU

We’ve had a formal interview with Lewis and love LSU players. If we want to be able to run the ball adding a guy like Lewis just gives another bit of nasty to the OL. Let him battle it out with Cappa for the starting RG spot. So in this scenario we go from Cappa – Dotson on the right side to Lewis – Becton. Yikes for opposing defenses trying to stop Rojo and Jonathan Taylor.

5(161) Devin Duvernay, WR Texas

Interesting prospect to say the least. Sub 6 foot WR with a thick build that can run through would be tacklers or take the top off a defense with a high 4.3 low 4.4 40 time but he doesn’t really get separation. Caught the third most passes in the nation last year and could be a nice developmental WR.

6(194) DeeJay Dallas, RB The U

Here is another scenario where we double up on a position group. We did it earlier with OL now again at RB. DeeJay is a one competitive, tough, physical runner. Strong thick build that gives him value down the road as a possible pass protector and future 3rd down back. In the meantime, his effort and competitiveness along should make him a special teams ace.

7(241) John Penisini, DT Utah

We have found Vita’s back up. Really nothing here in terms of pass rush but at 6’2 330 he isn’t easily moved and will be a strong run defender. He can definitely create lanes for Lavonte and Devin to run free.

Edited by Lil' Shorty
  • Like 5

14 K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

45 Josh Jones, OT, Houston

76 Austin Jackson, OT, USC

117 Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M

161 Julian Blackmon, S, Utah

194 Darius Anderson, RB, TCU

241 Garrett Marino, IDL, UAB

OJ or Brate moved for a top RB.

Edited by TB Doug22
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I geeked out for the last one... 

1(14) Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville 

I think Licht stays put and it pays off. Potential is off the charts with Becton but with 3 other excellent OTs who have had many more pass pro reps, don’t have weight concerns and didn’t just have a questionable drug test at the combine…fair or not, it’s a passing league and stock is either up or down. The other 3 OTs stock is up, at least more than Becton’s, so he goes last and it pays off for the Bucs. This is the OT they wanted all along.

[TRADE] Bucs trade their 2nd (45) and their 4th (117) to the Giants for their 2nd (36)

2(36) Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin

I don’t think we move back into the 1st but I do buy the rumors CEH stock is soaring and he along with Swift will be the top two backs off the board, maybe in the 1st round. With concerns about the Chargers possibly taking Taylor at 37 Licht makes the move up.

[TRADE] Bucs trade OJ Howard to the Bears for their 2nd round pick (50)

2(50) Antoine Winfield Jr., S Minnesota 

The Bears have two 2nd round picks, and maybe it would take pick 43 to ensure we get Winfield Jr. Either way, Nagy uses TEs and just cut Trey Burton. Welcome OJ Howard. Winfield Jr. is on the Bucs radar and would be able to play the Justin Evans position as a ball hawk or step into slot. The versatility will also be invaluable if/when injuries occur.

3(76) Damien Lewis, OG LSU

We’ve had a formal interview with Lewis and love LSU players. If we want to be able to run the ball adding a guy like Lewis just gives another bit of nasty to the OL. Let him battle it out with Cappa for the starting RG spot. So in this scenario we go from Cappa – Dotson on the right side to Lewis – Becton. Yikes for opposing defenses trying to stop Rojo and Jonathan Taylor.

5(161) Devin Duvernay, WR Texas

Interesting prospect to say the least. Sub 6 foot WR with a thick build that can run through would be tacklers or take the top off a defense with a high 4.3 low 4.4 40 time but he doesn’t really get separation. Caught the third most passes in the nation last year and could be a nice developmental WR.

6(194) DeeJay Dallas, RB The U

Here is another scenario where we double up on a position group. We did it earlier with OL now again at RB. DeeJay is a one competitive, tough, physical runner. Strong thick build that gives him value down the road as a possible pass protector and future 3rd down back. In the meantime, his effort and competitiveness along should make him a special teams ace.

7(241) John Penisini, DT Utah

We have found Vita’s back up. Really nothing here in terms of pass rush but at 6’2 330 he isn’t easily moved and will be a strong run defender. He can definitely create lanes for Lavonte and Devin to run free.

Sound good to me!!

#11 - OT Jedrick Wills (Alabama)

*We send the Jets pick #14 and TE OJ Howard and we get back #11 and #79. Jets desperately need weapons and one of the rumored teams with interest in Howard. We're able to move up and get land our OT; Jets slide back a few picks and are still able to get one of the big three WR's at #14. They have two 3rd round picks, so we get the later...

#45 - RB Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin)

#75 - OG Darryl Williams (Mississippi St.)

#79 - CB Cameron Dantzler (Mississippi St.)

#117 - DT Rishard Lawrence (LSU)

#161 - WR/RB Antonio Gibson (Memphis)

#194 - SS J.R. Reed (Georgia)

#241 - QB Riley Neal (Vanderbilt)

• Like 1