2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just like last year, this thread will be for all Day 1 discussion.  It'll open roughly around midnight Thursday morning, and the prospects thread will lock at that time.  We have to go through this, but a few noteworthy things.

1.) Please do NOT spoil picks.  Don't ruin this for everyone who wants to surprise.

2.) We don't need a dozen different threads about picking players who are "falling".  Players fall every year.

3.) Enjoy yourself.

From @Packerraymond and myself, we appreciate all you guys do and continue to make the Packers forum the best on FF and the best on the internet.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Everyone is going to be excited when we watch all day and trade back at the end.

Take a moment and think about us fans in Europe and the UK who will also be super excited and will be watching it all live but for us it starts at 1am and probably finished around 3.30am and we screwed up all our work and lockdown plans for the next day. I' will be kicking the kids out of their room, I'm locking the door and I will sleeping on their bunk bed and will be very grumpy if anyone tries to wake me up early.

Having said all that, a trade back is the scenario I favour the most. To move back about 6 to 8 spots and to take either a WR or D line man and get an extra third of forth rounder would be the smart thing to do here. 

I hope to enjoy the unusual nature of this years draft, it should be different and that should make it interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, thrILL! said:

What kind of picks would you be looking for in exchange?  It’s going to be interesting to see how the board falls by 30. 

Depends on how far back we go. If it's just Indy at 34 (say Jordan Love falls), I'd take 122 in exchange. If it's 44 instead of 34, I'm demanding 75.

If we move back with LAC at 37 (say they don't take Herbert at 6 and Love falls here too), I want 112 and a swap in the 5th (151 for 175 or even 6.192)

I just want to acquire more depth picks in this draft. Don't feel like the drop off from 30 to as far back as 45 is all that much. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Depends on how far back we go. If it's just Indy at 34 (say Jordan Love falls), I'd take 122 in exchange. If it's 44 instead of 34, I'm demanding 75.

If we move back with LAC at 37 (say they don't take Herbert at 6 and Love falls here too), I want 112 and a swap in the 5th (151 for 175 or even 6.192)

I just want to acquire more depth picks in this draft. Don't feel like the drop off from 30 to as far back as 45 is all that much. 

Haven't looked at a trade value chart, but I'd rather swap our picks in the 3rd with either team rather than accumulate more later round picks. If dropping back six or seven spots spots can move us up 24 in the 3rd, I'm all for it

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

Haven't looked at a trade value chart, but I'd rather swap our picks in the 3rd with either team rather than accumulate more later round picks. If dropping back six or seven spots spots can move us up 24 in the 3rd, I'm all for it

All of those are based on the TV chart. 30 and 94 (744) for 37 and 71 (765) works too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

All of those are based on the TV chart. 30 and 94 (744) for 37 and 71 (765) works too. 

How long is each team getting per pick this year? Thought I heard they were allowing extra time this year due to possible difficulties

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

How long is each team getting per pick this year? Thought I heard they were allowing extra time this year due to possible difficulties

No clue. I just know they aren't going to skip picks if time runs out.

49 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

The only thing I've heard is that they won't hesitate to stop the clock if technical difficulties occur.

Our offence deserve some 1st round investments especially after committing to the defence in the past several drafts, This resulted in our offence declining with a string of crappy TE and crappy WRs. I don't want us to make the same mistake again with the OL, we need to ensure we replace Bulaga properly and protect Rodgers.

The biggest issue is that cornerback position, we have commited so many first round picks to that position much to the detriment of other positions and for the most part we keep failing. At some point as a team we need to break that cycle and start giving other positions the attention it deserves. Since 2009 we only drafted 2 pass rushers in the first round. That's 11 years and even when Nick Perry busted we still continued to ignore that position. Most glaringly selecting King instead of Watt. This lack of investment forced us to spend a large portion of our salary cap on two pass rushers - that how bad it gotten for us. Whilst they were very good FA signing we should've never gotten to that point in the first place.

If we commit another first round pick on a CB I will go mad.

Currently in Afghanistan waiting for this thing to kick off....a few years ago I was also here waiting and watched the entire first round only to have TT trade out, I hope that doesn't happen again, I need something to talk about until the second day starts.