2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Depends on how far back we go. If it's just Indy at 34 (say Jordan Love falls), I'd take 122 in exchange. If it's 44 instead of 34, I'm demanding 75.

If we move back with LAC at 37 (say they don't take Herbert at 6 and Love falls here too), I want 112 and a swap in the 5th (151 for 175 or even 6.192)

I just want to acquire more depth picks in this draft. Don't feel like the drop off from 30 to as far back as 45 is all that much. 

If it's a trade down ... must favor the Packers or why do it?   Getting more picks just to get picks without favoring/helping the Packers may not be the wisest concept.  In Gute I trust. 

I'm starting to buy into some of the media hype that Gute wants Justin Jefferson but he'd have to make it to 20 in order for the Packers to make a move. If he's there, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Gute move up to either 20 or 21 ahead of the Vikings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm starting to buy into some of the media hype that Gute wants Justin Jefferson but he'd have to make it to 20 in order for the Packers to make a move. If he's there, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Gute move up to either 20 or 21 ahead of the Vikings. 

I could see a deal with Las Vegas in the making. They don't have a pick in the 2nd, with our first pick that is a fair deal. Especially if they go WR with their first 1st rounder. but If they don't take WR at pick 12 and JJ still on the board I would see it hard for them to make that trade.

Do any of you use the real life draft to determine the draft order in your fantasy league?

My fantasy league been doing this for the past three years and its quite good fun. In order to make it unpredictable as possible we usually remove the top 10-15 players and instead use the next best 25-30 players. Everybody is randomly given two players to root for in the draft.  Two players because what if one of your players suddenly dies or did something so stupid that it plummeted his draft stock so at least you will have another player to fall back on. Whichever player is drafted highest will determine your position in the fantasy draft order.

This year I got Justin Jefferson and Josh Jones.  I got a gut feeling i will end up in the middle of the fantasy draft order which isn't great as I would rather be the first couple of picks or the last couple of picks because it is a snake style draft order.