SEA #30 for CLE #34 and #115

DET #35 for NE Joe Thuney

PHI #53, #127, and Derek Barnett for JAX Yannick Ngakoue and Leonard Fournette

MIN #58 for WAS Trent Williams

JAX #116 for CIN Andy Dalton

IND #160 for PHI Alshon Jeffery

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like Robertson but c'mon lol

Only because they have met with him on three separate occasions and Howie is a madman. They get their playmaker in the secondary, and Rasul Douglas just happens to be on the trade block reportedly in the last couple days.

For perspective, 8 of the 32 picks in this mock are cornerbacks. A quarter of the teams would be adding to their secondary.

Today's NFL with the Super Bowl Chiefs and Mahomes demonstrates how now more than ever the need to have a deep and diverse secondary. The Patriots were one of the best defenses in 2019 and they were led by their secondary.

Slot corners are becoming a commodity almost as much as outside corners. Take Byron Jones for example, who signed with the Dolphins at the richest contract in history for the position yet he specializes more so in a specific slot role in the secondary. 

22 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

27. Green Bay (From Seattle)* - Patrick Queen

SEA #27 and #144 for GB #30 and #94

Not sure what's worse.  The fact that you had the Packers trade up, or the fact that they traded up for an off-ball LB.  The Packers have history trading with Seattle, but they're going to probably need the other Seahawks' 4th round pick if they're making this deal.  I'd argue that trading up for an off-ball LB is the bigger issue.  The Packers prefer to play with a LB/S hybrid next to their traditional LB.  They signed Christian Kirksey to be their "traditional" LB, and Queen isn't that hybrid LB/S they seem to prefer.  This is DOA.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Queen isn't that hybrid LB/S they seem to prefer.

They might disagree. Packers met with Queen at the combine and hosted him for a private virtual meeting. One of their thirty. Queen is athletic, somewhat undersized, and excels in coverage. Would seem to be on their radar.

23 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Only because they have met with him on three separate occasions and Howie is a madman. They get their playmaker in the secondary, and Rasul Douglas just happens to be on the trade block reportedly in the last couple days.

For perspective, 8 of the 32 picks in this mock are cornerbacks. A quarter of the teams would be adding to their secondary.

Today's NFL with the Super Bowl Chiefs and Mahomes demonstrates how now more than ever the need to have a deep and diverse secondary. The Patriots were one of the best defenses in 2019 and they were led by their secondary.

Slot corners are becoming a commodity almost as much as outside corners. Take Byron Jones for example, who signed with the Dolphins at the richest contract in history for the position yet he specializes more so in a specific slot role in the secondary. 

I'm with you, but behind DT, slot corner is the position we least need on defense. We signed Nickell Robey-Coleman, and our backup to him, Crevon LeBlanc, would start for most teams at nickel. That's not even mentioning Avonte Maddox who is moving to outside corner, but he's prob a top 10ish nickel corner in his own right. If we take any corner, he better be an outside one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Probably the best Raider Mock I’ve ever seen although pretty unrealistic. Give me Tua at 8 and Jeudy at 19 all day. 

Point to me the previous mock drafts that were both “realistic” and accurate.

Last year alone, Dillard falling to the Eagles. Daniel Jones top 6. Clellin Ferrel top 4. DK Metcalf almost a third rounder after mocked in the first almost universally. None of those things you would say to be realistic, until after it happened. Which is the case every year, and that is my point. I appreciate the glowing review otherwise.

10. Atlanta (From Cleveland)* - Jeffrey Okudah

1st 3rd and 3rd for a top 5 prospect and imo the best CB in this draft hands down thats not to bad and not terrible value either.    I can accept this for the Falcons and think we did well here if Simmons would have fell a little bit lower i think i would have jumped up for him and still might at 7 lol.  I think he would be a crucial piece to combat out biggest weakness of players destroying us across the middle of the defense in the mid range.  Plus Gronk going against us he would be nice to have against him as well lol.    But Okudah for that value isn't a bad 2nd fall backup options so you get a passing grade from me on this one.   My 3rd favorite option would be a small trade up for Kinlaw for like our 1st and 4th or 1st and 3rd.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm with you, but behind DT, slot corner is the position we least need on defense. We signed Nickell Robey-Coleman, and our backup to him, Crevon LeBlanc, would start for most teams at nickel. That's not even mentioning Avonte Maddox who is moving to outside corner, but he's prob a top 10ish nickel corner in his own right. If we take any corner, he better be an outside one.

All I will counter with, (besides what has already been shared), is that Jalen Mills is a starting safety at the moment. Mills previously played corner for the Eagles. The depth at safety isn’t great for the Eagles, and supplementing the secondary with an athletic guy like Amik to generate more turnovers can create opportunities for these other slot defensive backs on the Eagles to See the field more between positions.

59 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

All I will counter with, (besides what has already been shared), is that Jalen Mills is a starting safety at the moment. Mills previously played corner for the Eagles. The depth at safety isn’t great for the Eagles, and supplementing the secondary with an athletic guy like Amik to generate more turnovers can create opportunities for these other slot defensive backs on the Eagles to See the field more between positions.

If we could get him later I'd be very happy. Hell I'd try to play him outside. Dude is a straight bulldog out there. But at 21 I just can't get behind that. We do need young talent at a lot of positions though.