Third and Final Mock Draft of 2020

DoleINGout

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I could definitely see the Browns trading back multiple times but if they trade away an elite prospect like Okudah for 2 3rd rd picks I’d be pissed, I would much take Okudah there and address OT on day 2 or trade for Trent Williams 

This. If Okudah falls to 10 and the Browns aren't in love with any remaining tackles (or get a better offer than the slop they got for trading down in this draft), Okudah is the pick. 

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

21. Philadelphia - Amik Robertson

PHI #53, #127, and Derek Barnett for JAX Yannick Ngakoue and Leonard Fournette

IND #160 for PHI Alshon Jeffery

Like the trades, but Amik Robertson? I wouldn't take him until the 5th. We don't need another slot Cornerback, especially one as mediocre and undersized as Robertson.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure what's worse.  The fact that you had the Packers trade up, or the fact that they traded up for an off-ball LB.  The Packers have history trading with Seattle, but they're going to probably need the other Seahawks' 4th round pick if they're making this deal.  I'd argue that trading up for an off-ball LB is the bigger issue.  The Packers prefer to play with a LB/S hybrid next to their traditional LB.  They signed Christian Kirksey to be their "traditional" LB, and Queen isn't that hybrid LB/S they seem to prefer.  This is DOA.

A Seattle - GB trade seems inevitable in every draft. Seattle only has 7 picks, and the last few draft Seattle has been finishing with 9-11 picks. I bet Seattle would want extra picks, not any sort of pick swap. Something like 1.27 for 1.30 + 136 or since Seattle doesn't have a 5 or 7th, like 5.192 + 6.209 or something. IDK

Props for the Seattle double trade back. John Schneider has done this a couple of times. With no 5th or 7th, makes a lot of sense for them to do it. Would be better if they got more than 1 extra pick though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

SEA #27 and #144 for GB #30 and #94

SEA #30 for CLE #34 and #115

18 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

how did Cleveland initially get the 30 pick from GB - I don't see that trade

Cleveland acquires 30 from Seattle after I have GB trading up for Queen.

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Chaisson easily over WR in round one, the WR class is extremely deep and the DE class, not nearly as much. CB is a good pick, and I'd consider Williams for our 2nd.

Vikings fan, so in a previous mock I had Chaisson as their pick. I read from Peter King however that Jefferson is their fourth rated wide receiver and the need it clear. If the Saints didn't take Chaisson, then I would probably replace Jaylon Johnson at 25.

6 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Why the F would we give up draft capital for that?

Because Thomas is their guy outside of Burrow.

When it comes to some "reaches", please keep this in mind:

Never mind the fact that teams "reach" every year. How about Daniel Jones who most people had on the fringe of being a day 2 pick? Or in 2018 when the Steelers drafted Terrell Edmunds who many didn't even have on their radar until day 3.

Stuff happens, and this year more than likely it will happen more often.

Keep in mind guys, a lot of my mock, if not every pick, takes into consideration actual repeated or private contact between prospect and the team. It isn't the only criteria I based picks on, but it is certainly a major influence.

In addition to confirmed prospect meetings, the total number of draft picks by team, historical trade patterns between teams, players actually reported as "likely to be traded" by reputable sources, team cap space, general team philosophies like analytics versus play/coaching style, and finally team needs were all what these picks are based on. My opinion is barely infused when it comes down to it. I just am trying to connect the dots like you.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Because Thomas is their guy outside of Burrow.

Perhaps at 5, but giving up a 1st when they could have Wirfs, Wills, or Becton if they stay put is crazy. It doesn't seem like something this new staff would do. I'd eat my hat.

So let me see if I understand this.

Browns trade pick #10 (which has a top 5 ranked player fall to them) and in return.....through all the maneuvers they end up drafting at #30 (2 picks from the very end of the round and all top OTs are taken)

....and all they get in return are

pick #44 (mid 2nd), pick #78 (mid 3rd), pick #115 (bottom of 4th) and a 3rd next year?

That is absolutely horrible.  I would be so pissed if they did that.