Uniforms Next?

AkronsWitness

Hey all, with all of these teams changing their uniforms I saw a few things on social media where people lumped the Broncos in for teams that need to a new uniform design next. This was along with others like ARI/CAR/CIN.

My question is where do you stand on the current uniforms and would you like to see a change? If so, would you want more modern or more of a simple traditional based uniform like LAC/CLE went with?

I saw Andrew Mason post this and I think Im in love....I think they are the color rush uniforms with a more modest color pattern instead of the all-orange. 

EWJGdqzX0AAq58r?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Denver needs a new look. I wasn’t a huge fan of the color rush darker blue helmets from this past year, but still liked them more than the current uniforms.

The color rush was kind of a nod toward the old and new.  Which a lot of teams are trying to do.  Denver’s current uniforms are so bad though that I don’t know how you pay respect to both.  Just go old school with a twist.  

• Like 1

The first step of this, I think, was moving to orange as the primary. That was definitely a nod to the fan reaction from the color rush uniforms.

Honestly, I think the jersey thing will get address when the ownership thing gets addressed. They'll brand it as "start of a new era" or something like that. Or, if Lock takes off, they'll probably do it then so they can sell a ton of new jerseys. Need a franchise cornerstone for people to get super excited about buying the merch, IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yep. Going to new uniforms would require a capital outlay and we know that's not happening with this organization's current leadership. 

yeah, you need leadership to get a major change like that done - like @broncos67 said

Broncos might have the worst jerseys in the league as of now, tbh. Majorly need a revamping. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yep. Going to new uniforms would require a capital outlay and we know that's not happening with this organization's current leadership. 

Isn't it the opposite? I always understood that launching uniforms would spike jersey sales and be net beneficial for ownership?

17 minutes ago, MileHigh said:

Isn't it the opposite? I always understood that launching uniforms would spike jersey sales and be net beneficial for ownership?

With a recession looming and the prospect of potentially not having fans in the stadium next year, I don't see Ellis being at all willing to spend the money up-front - hiring a design firm, going though models, gauging fan input, redesigning logos, changing signage at Mile High and Dove Valley, creating new graphics packages for digital media, etc., etc., etc - that a uniform and log change would require. 

• Like 1

Love our old-school look and wouldn't hate a return to them, but I gotta say that I think our current set is massively underrated. It's lasted over two decades for a reason and to me is far from dated at this point. I might be in the minority here but I'm in favor of keeping our current uniforms and think of them as a modern classic. Not to mention, there is no way that I trust Nike at all with these re-brands. They've ruined almost every team that they touch...

Edited by Zukhyubern
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Love our old-school look and wouldn't hate a return to them, but I gotta say that I think our current set is massively underrated. It's lasted over two decades for a reason and to me is far from dated at this point. I might be in the minority here but I'm in favor of keeping our current uniforms and think of them as a modern classic. Not to mention, there is no way that I don't trust Nike at all with these re-brands. They've ruined almost every team that they touch...

I'll always favor the uniforms we adopted in 97 and still have. The primary blue w/white pants is my favorite. probably just a coincidence that we won back to back SB's as soon as we changed uniforms but you'll never convince me.

19 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hey all, with all of these teams changing their uniforms I saw a few things on social media where people lumped the Broncos in for teams that need to a new uniform design next. This was along with others like ARI/CAR/CIN.

My question is where do you stand on the current uniforms and would you like to see a change? If so, would you want more modern or more of a simple traditional based uniform like LAC/CLE went with?

I saw Andrew Mason post this and I think Im in love....I think they are the color rush uniforms with a more modest color pattern instead of the all-orange. 

That one I do like. 

53 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Love our old-school look and wouldn't hate a return to them, but I gotta say that I think our current set is massively underrated. It's lasted over two decades for a reason and to me is far from dated at this point. I might be in the minority here but I'm in favor of keeping our current uniforms and think of them as a modern classic. Not to mention, there is no way that I don't trust Nike at all with these re-brands. They've ruined almost every team that they touch...

I 100% agree with you. Ive noticed recently a lot of people are hating the Broncos uniforms but I still love them. I think they are a perfect blend of subtle yet modern. I feel like the design has aged really well because it was never over the top and the striping is unique but not obnoxious when they were trying to look into the new millennium.

Nike either has 2 paths. Over the top XFL bold style or traditional while being overly simplistic. 

I would rather have the fans submit their designs and post the top 4 of them as a poll on the website. Let the fans decide.

Edited by AkronsWitness