Uniforms Next?

AkronsWitness

15 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

Love our old-school look and wouldn't hate a return to them, but I gotta say that I think our current set is massively underrated. It's lasted over two decades for a reason and to me is far from dated at this point. I might be in the minority here but I'm in favor of keeping our current uniforms and think of them as a modern classic. Not to mention, there is no way that I trust Nike at all with these re-brands. They've ruined almost every team that they touch...

I couldn't disagree more, tbh. I think our uniforms are so clearly late 90s / early 00s trying to be modern and look dated. 

I actually think a lot of the re-brands this offseason have been pretty good 

45 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I couldn't disagree more, tbh. I think our uniforms are so clearly late 90s / early 00s trying to be modern and look dated. 

They have been clean and simple.  I think that's the route the Broncos should go.  And, I don't mind them ditching the navy blue for the old royal blue...too many teams in the league with navy blue.  I sometimes get our uniforms confused with the Texans.  I don't know why.  

This is my favorite design.  It's the new uniforms that we won super bowls with, yet old school that I grew up knowing as a kid.  And, they look different from any other uniforms in the league. 

http://www.broncos2016.com/

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

They have been clean and simple.  I think that's the route the Broncos should go.  And, I don't mind them ditching the navy blue for the old royal blue...too many teams in the league with navy blue.  I sometimes get our uniforms confused with the Texans.  I don't know why.  

This is my favorite design.  It's the new uniforms that we won super bowls with, yet old school that I grew up knowing as a kid.  And, they look different from any other uniforms in the league. 

http://www.broncos2016.com/

yeah, the armpit stain on our jerseys is terrible. not classic. not modern. just a bad look right now. definitely agree - the simple with football uniforms is better and I like our older colors more

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I didn’t know people hated our modern uniforms so much. I think they’re fine. My concern is changing to some goofy XFL/arena football looking nonsense. 

Yeah, I think they’re fine (minus that pit stain, which is so bad.) But I’m telling ya, that colour rush with white pants is my jam. I like the navy helmets/trim, too, although going back to the lighter blue would be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Also, it's possible that Bowlen made the change back then because he wanted a new stadium, and he wanted to get rid of the D logo incase he had to move the team. Don't have proof, but it's something that I heard.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

I didn’t know people hated our modern uniforms so much. I think they’re fine. My concern is changing to some goofy XFL/arena football looking nonsense. 

Yeah I'm frankly fine with our uniforms. 

This is all a moot point anyway as there is no way I see Ellis signing off on a uniform change. It will come only when there is an ownership change which we should all hope comes sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

I just don’t trust the Nike re-brands. The new Chargers threads are sweet and Tampa upgraded by going back to the pre-Nike look, most of the other updates have been gross IMO. Pro teams should have clean, defined looks to their kits. Not alarm clock numbers and neons and gradients. Just looks low-rent to me. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I just don’t trust the Nike re-brands. The new Chargers threads are sweet and Tampa upgraded by going back to the pre-Nike look, most of the other updates have been gross IMO. Pro teams should have clean, defined looks to their kits. Not alarm clock numbers and neons and gradients. Just looks low-rent to me. 

Exactly... 

This year has shown improvement but only because Tampa Bay and Cleveland embraced their clean, simple looks of yore. Look at Atlanta? A bit more toned down but still with a lame gradient and details that just don't make sense. I think Nike is finally starting to get it and the NFL is pushing for cleaner looks but I still don't trust them. 

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It will come only when there is an ownership change which we should all hope comes sooner rather than later. 

For us outsiders, what's the most likely outcome in this ownership debacle?  Would there eventually be a full sale of the team?  Or slow transition via trust to another Bowlen?  And how soon do you (or anyone familiar w/ the situation) expect some resolution?

8 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

For us outsiders, what's the most likely outcome in this ownership debacle?  Would there eventually be a full sale of the team?  Or slow transition via trust to another Bowlen?  And how soon do you (or anyone familiar w/ the situation) expect some resolution?

A lot of that is unknown.

Joe Ellis, who chairs the trust and serves as owner of the team, wants Brittany Bowlen, who is 28, to transition to owner. An older daughter, Beth Bowlen Wallace, who is in her late 40s I believe, wants to be owner now and, despite Ellis' claims to the contrary, she is qualified by all accounts to take over as per the stipulations of Pat Bowlen's trust. The issue is that Beth is a daughter from Pat's first marriage and Brittany is the daughter of Annabell Bowlen, who is currently infirm. Apparently, Ellis made some kind of backroom deal with the Pat and/or Annabell that only children from Annabell can take over. So Beth and Bill Bowlen, Pat's brother, are suing Ellis and the trust. 

Ellis is a snake who is looking out for his own interests and those alone. He is an incompetent owner as well and a crappy businessman. But he is also good friends with Roger Goodell. Ellis knows that if Beth was to take ownership of the team, her likely first order of business would be the fire him immediately. With Brittany on the other hand, Ellis is likely to remain as the team COO, as he was when Pat owned the team and handled day-to-day operations, for as long as he chooses and then receive a lucrative retirement package when he decides, on his on volition, to retire. 

Things are going to come to a head soon, however, and I would wager that within a year or two the team will either be sold outright with each of the seven Bowlen children getting an equal cut of the $3+ billion sale price or Brittany will take over as a early-30s female owner of a NFL franchise. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Joe Ellis, who chairs the trust and serves as owner of the team, wants Brittany Bowlen, who is 28, to transition to owner. An older daughter, Beth Bowlen Wallace, who is in her late 40s I believe, wants to be owner now and, despite Ellis' claims to the contrary, she is qualified by all accounts to take over as per the stipulations of Pat Bowlen's trust. The issue is that Beth is a daughter from Pat's first marriage and Brittany is the daughter of Annabell Bowlen, who is currently infirm. Apparently, Ellis made some kind of backroom deal with the Pat and/or Annabell that only children from Annabell can take over. So Beth and Bill Bowlen, Pat's brother, are suing Ellis and the trust. 

Ellis is a snake who is looking out for his own interests and those alone. He is an incompetent owner as well and a crappy businessman. But he is also good friends with Roger Goodell. Ellis knows that if Beth was to take ownership of the team, her likely first order of business would be the fire him immediately. With Brittany on the other hand, Ellis is likely to remain as the team COO, as he was when Pat owned the team and handled day-to-day operations, for as long as he chooses and then receive a lucrative retirement package when he decides, on his on volition, to retire. 

Things are going to come to a head soon, however, and I would wager that within a year or two the team will either be sold outright with each of the seven Bowlen children getting an equal cut of the $3+ billion sale price or Brittany will take over as a early-30s female owner of a NFL franchise. 

As someone mentioned on the Broncos Forums, Ellis may be in big trouble when Elway is no longer the Bronco GM.

50 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Interesting, thanks.. I had seen bits and pieces but didn't know how all the pieces fit together

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

As someone mentioned on the Broncos Forums, Ellis may be in big trouble when Elway is no longer the Bronco GM.

It's why Ellis will never fire Elway. If he does then the target is squarely on his back. The last thing Ellis wants is to be the face of the franchise's football decisions because, when he has inserted himself there, the results have been awful. 

Say we have another bad year and Ellis decides to fire Elway, then hires a new GM (probably someone from New England, given Ellis' history of preferring guys from that tree, see his hires of Mac, Russell and Kidd) who then himself flames out, then it's Ellis on whom the blame would be entirely placed. 

• Like 1